Forum › I love cinema, I am lonely. discussion

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

15 chapters at once!? Wow!! Just started reading, but this seems promising! (Here's hoping for a future yuri tag for when she starts dating her divorced friend.

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 9:46PM

Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

There was NO WAY I wasn't going to immediately yoink this:

joined Aug 21, 2017

Some of the comedy in this is pretty good. I liked how, when you thought she was just going to take the putdown of her movies, she suddenly chucked the movies at the other girl.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Chapter one looks good. Will read more on day off...

joined Sep 6, 2018

Also known as: Stretch II

20180412_201756
joined Jun 10, 2016

I’m glad they added this manga I was reading it on another site and was wondering why it isn’t here. Thanks for adding this

Hqdefault%20(2)
joined Apr 5, 2018

Wonder if she watches them subbed or dubbed LOL

Edit: turns out she watches dubbed

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 11:46PM

joined Mar 15, 2019

LOL LOL LOL LOL
The fear is real! LOL
Recommend to everyone - new look for quirks!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

That bit about her seeing the Terminator with her brother was adorable.

joined May 9, 2016

I'm officially dead after reading the Star Wars chapter.

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 2:53AM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This is so goofy. I love it.

Also Kine reminds me of my best friend's mother. She LOVES violent action movies and until recently hadn't seen any Ghibli movies.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

I see far too much of myself in the main character when it comes to recommending things to people.

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

This is pretty fun. Kine and Saitou are a great couple, looking forward for their wedding. They are specially cute with Kine's niece.

Also, not gonna lie, chapter 15 made me afraid of peepholes.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"Just tying the knot doesn't guarantee a happy ending..."

This! It's exactly what I hate about 90% of romance stories! There are so many things where I feel like I'm on the same wavelength with this mangaka ... except for the whole Ghibli thing -- I'd have to force Kine to sit through a few of those. Mononoke has enough blood and death that she might even enjoy parts of it.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I suppose this doesn't need a subtext tag, but Satou is certainly not entirely straight pfff (The Romance movie and Hangover chapters being the prime examples).

This is just all around really funny, yet painfully realistic to online culture. Everyone has done something from this manga at least once. I haven't laughed this hard in a while (the Hangover chapter killed me).

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The best Ghibli is obviously Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind.

(even if, technically, it isn't a Ghibli)

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I wish Kine would wake up and see what she has with Satou, though. I get she was "traumatized by normies" but she needs to watch some Watamote to figure out why Satou can help her. :)

The best Ghibli is obviously Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind.

(even if, technically, it isn't a Ghibli)

Yeah it's awesome. And in its day it was more awesome. Seriously, the opening is a very long, very believable cave painting account of a nuclear war, and that's all. It really was groundbreaking even in Japan.

It's on the Studio Ghibli collection blue-ray i think, so history has vindicated you.

By the way, this list raised my blood pressure:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/12/movies/ranking-studio-ghibli-movies.html

last edited at Sep 27, 2019 5:08PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Man, reading up on that Otaku Murderer thing, that's really dark.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This is really fun! Looking forward to more.

The hs reunion chapter hit me hard. I am that obnoxious fan who criticizes movies in an obnoxious way without meaning to lol. I also relate to Satou a lot. In depth analysis of media is my jam.

I do wish that Kine stops being so hypocritical and watch things other people rec. For being such a bitch when people don't take her recs seriously, you'd think she knows how it feels when you're on the other side. But i guess that is part of the gag.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Chikaon posted:

This is really fun! Looking forward to more.

The hs reunion chapter hit me hard. I am that obnoxious fan who criticizes movies in an obnoxious way without meaning to lol. I also relate to Satou a lot. In depth analysis of media is my jam.

I do wish that Kine stops being so hypocritical and watch things other people rec. For being such a bitch when people don't take her recs seriously, you'd think she knows how it feels when you're on the other side. But i guess that is part of the gag.

She's not hypocrtical. She's unreasonable. Like your normal hardcore fan. It's as if you pit a Trekkie vs a Star Wars fan. Or flat vs big. Or boobs vs Ass.

There's no reasoning with either, because they are utterly convinced of the superiority of their taste.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

where did this wonder creation come from and why had no one scanlated it before now???? it Satou and Kine ended up forming a love interest at the end, it'd be yuri gold.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

She has a surprisingly similar taste in movies as I do. Well. For a certain amount of 'similar'.

Also, a surprising amount of 'feminist' commentary in the series. Well. For a certain amount of 'feminist.
Wish they didn't bother with the ecchi crap, but someone probably felt it was necessary for Reasons(tm).

joined Mar 15, 2019

I love this manga, glad to see it here...
Hope scanlator continues it

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Am... Am I being yuri baited here? Maybe I kept the goggles on for too long.

last edited at Sep 29, 2019 11:50AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.