Forum › Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku discussion

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I know others have said this, but the major themes and lessons of the story aren't really being figured out by the main characters. They aren't arriving to the revelations themselves through self-reflection. The main point of character development should be them realizing their mistakes themselves and changing because of their new understanding of themselves. Instead, other characters are basically telling the characters what they should be feeling and acting next, what the new lesson of the story is. By having other characters basically tell them how to react, it takes away the agency of the main characters. It just feels like the main characters are players in a video game, going through side quests that the NPCs give them and totally ignoring the main quest.

That being said, I am still going to be reading this manga, for some reason unknown to myself.

last edited at Sep 17, 2019 2:41AM

joined Oct 27, 2018

I know others have said this, but the major themes and lessons of the story aren't really being figured out by the main characters. They aren't arriving to the revelations themselves through self-reflection. Instead, other characters are basically telling the characters what they should be feeling and acting next, what the new lesson of the story is. By having other characters basically tell them how to react, it takes away the agency of the main characters. It just feels like the main characters are players in a video game, going through side quests that the NPCs give them and totally ignoring the main quest.

That being said, I am still going to be reading this manga, for some reason unknown to myself.

Well, Himes decision to cut her hair was her own. Then she was immediately spit on by the narrative of course.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

And now we got another person with a problem

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I don't even remember this glasses dude

But yeah it seems like each character has some high minded life lesson to impart to the two nerds
Like this is still high school right? Bullshit that they'd all come up with that stuff at that age.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

At least this time the lecture was actually correct and relatively concise.

joined Oct 3, 2016

Ah. Didn't Know we were going to get an aromontic. Nice

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

What a dramatic last panel

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

It seems like nice glasses teacher is... really nice! And such advice is rare at any age. Of course he'll have some skeleton in his closet, but that's just optional I think.

I mean, it's unthinkable that a teenager in love for the first time gets all flustered and mixed up, right? Riiiight? All the characters are behaving pretty normally, it's just we're old now and have forgotten how WE were at that age. It seems so from some comments.

Hasegawa (aka: soccer boy) could go several ways: (I don't think spoilers are required)
- He's het, likes Hime a lot and is just a nice guy who's protective of Akira, and clueless about Akira's crush.
- He's gay, likes Akira "that way" and wants to talk with Hime about how to get closer to "him", or stuff.
- He's het, sees Akira as a girl, wants to talk to Hime about getting closer to her (Akira), is clueless about Hime's attraction/disgust, and also has a halo permanently floating over his head.
- He's a real jerk who's plotting something horrible and villainous to make both Hime and Akira cry (which might just bring their unspoken love out in the open, eh?)
- Other :-)

Have we figured out is Hime likes or hates Hasegawa yet? I vote: likes! But still loves Akira of course.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh now we have an aro.

What an interesting school.

We still don't have any gay man, but it shouldn't take long.

last edited at Sep 17, 2019 1:36PM

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

YEAHHHHHHHHH WE GOT AN ACE CHAR

joined Apr 26, 2016

Aces?
Cautious optimistic

joined May 8, 2017

Oh now we have an aro.

What an interesting school.

We still don't have any gay man, but it shouldn't take long.

And we still have yet to be introduced to the obligatory asexual, pansexual, and demisexual characters

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

glasses teacher is best character

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Ranzo posted:

KangaNoodles posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kanojo_ni_naritai_kimi_to_boku_ch27#12
Hime: ....................... shaves all hair off head

Soccer Senpai: Wow, how did you know I have a fetish for skinheads?
Hime: moves to Australia

Soccer senpai: I love nazi Bogans

Hime: Get's extensive plastic surgery so she looks just like Ernest Borgnine
Soccer Senpai: "Oh my god, how did you know I was such a fan of the Wild Bunch!"

Hime: Gets face surgery so her face looks like a blobfish
Soccer Senpai: OMG, how did you know I love aquatic animals?

Bahaahahahaha!!! I was fucking losing my kernels at Nazi bogans!!!! (Bein 'Strayan and all) and then there was still more!!!
After imagining these as the reaction to each of Himes transformations...
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kanojo_ni_naritai_kimi_to_boku_ch28#2
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kanojo_ni_naritai_kimi_to_boku_ch28#3
down to just being a cob afterwards
the corn version of shaved Hime

last edited at Sep 26, 2019 11:06AM

joined May 8, 2017

I like how the teacher kept the same haircut that he had as a student throughout all these years.

last edited at Oct 1, 2019 1:33AM

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Man, why do I keep thinking that a high school manga would be anything but high school melodrama?

Really hoping they keep that momo guy for a later chapter and that his existence isn't just a convenient advice dispenser. But then again, if he comes back, he'll likely be that anyway judging by how this manga's been up till now.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

sensei rules

joined Dec 18, 2018

Man, why do I keep thinking that a high school manga would be anything but high school melodrama?

Really hoping they keep that momo guy for a later chapter and that his existence isn't just a convenient advice dispenser. But then again, if he comes back, he'll likely be that anyway judging by how this manga's been up till now.

Considering how slow this manga moves it's probably going to be about 20 chapters until we see him again.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Has the manga been anything else than advice dispensing so far?

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This was a nice chapter. Yeah the manga is pretty preachy, but eh it's a step forward towards proper stories in the future. It is preaching about lessons people do need to learn about, but I guess the people who would pick up a manga like this in the first place won't really be the type of people who need to hear these messages lol. But again, a step in the right direction by just having this being published in the first place!

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This whole sequence feels so much more forced than the others did, which is saying something.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Wow, that was actually really fucking good.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

Yah I have to agree, that was pretty darn good.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That teacher had to struggle for his whole life because of being aro.

Someone talks with the MCs for 10 minutes, *BAM* their whole life change and everything is solved.

Hime just had to talk 5 minutes with her parents and that crossdressing boy, and lo', depression is averted.

Being a MC makes life easy sometimes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.