Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

My best guess is that was simply a means of feeling out Nanoha's relationship with Chidori in a manner she could readily BS off as an off-colour joke - and going by that rather satisfied-looking smirk she made at Nano's startled reaction whatever hunch made her do it in the first place was amply confirmed.

It's probably telling that when she comes see Chidori again the next day she essentially starts probing for her side of the relationship right out of the gate, which seems somewhat atypical behaviour (Igarashi appears to be one of those people who prefer to talk 'round the actual topic and only come to the point after circling "like cat a bowl of hot porridge", to butcher an old proverb, for a while). She's also rather conspicuously refraining from the affectionate body language she originally used with Chidori both from first meeting way back when and the previous day before the meddling kidsNanoha & potential new club recruits barged in (may be her default behaviour with other girls, but hard to tell given the nonexistent sample size we have of her interactions with ladies not called Chidori) and instead almost seems to make a point of staying at an arm's length.
If I were to make a guess she put whatever plans she had on hold until she could get a better idea of Chidori's specific relationship situation; would imagine the last thing she wanted to do was repeating her previous fatal error of blundering into ill-advised decisions without a full grasp of the context and what the Hell she's actually doing.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

So what was the point again of having her senpai coming out of nowhere?

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

To further unfold Chidori's backstory and give Nanoha a chance to shine?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

My best guess is that was simply a means of feeling out Nanoha's relationship with Chidori in a manner she could readily BS off as an off-colour joke - and going by that rather satisfied-looking smirk she made at Nano's startled reaction whatever hunch made her do it in the first place was amply confirmed.

It's probably telling that when she comes see Chidori again the next day she essentially starts probing for her side of the relationship right out of the gate, which seems somewhat atypical behaviour (Igarashi appears to be one of those people who prefer to talk 'round the actual topic and only come to the point after circling "like cat a bowl of hot porridge", to butcher an old proverb, for a while). She's also rather conspicuously refraining from the affectionate body language she originally used with Chidori both from first meeting way back when and the previous day before the meddling kidsNanoha & potential new club recruits barged in (may be her default behaviour with other girls, but hard to tell given the nonexistent sample size we have of her interactions with ladies not called Chidori) and instead almost seems to make a point of staying at an arm's length.
If I were to make a guess she put whatever plans she had on hold until she could get a better idea of Chidori's specific relationship situation; would imagine the last thing she wanted to do was repeating her previous fatal error of blundering into ill-advised decisions without a full grasp of the context and what the Hell she's actually doing.

That pretty well sums up why I think she did it.

Also, I don't think her shock at the end is disbelief or even surprise that two girls can have a relationship. I think it's surprise that -these- two girls have a relationship. Basically she's processing the fact that Chidori and Nanoha have actually made it work, and that she's missed her shot. Remember my read is that she wants to win Chidori back, and while she suspects something is up with Nanoha, she's still -HOPING- it's just a crush, or one-sided, or ambiguous. When Chidori confirms it's a serious, actual romantic relationship, she gives up, apologizes for causing trouble, and gives one last little lie to gloss over any potential drama and seems to leave pretty gracefully.

I can see where the hostility comes from: She fits a lot of the user-sempai tropes that you see so often in these stories. But she doesn't have that predatory edge, and she just looks sad so much of the time, she feels to me more like someone that knows she messed up and wants to take it back rather than someone who doesn't care about anything but her own gratification.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

this chapter made me do a little fist pump of victory!! I’m proud of my dumb gay kids

13051743_10209394128839678_5264927321810147707_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

Yeah, shut up, Chidori! Can't you see that Nanoha is putting senpai in her place? Just look and learn how to treat your shitenpai properly.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yeah, shut up, Chidori! Can't you see that Nanoha is putting senpai in her place? Just look and learn how to treat your shitenpai properly.

Nano actually looks quite wrong-footed by the turn the encounter took. She clearly arrived filled with DETERMINATION andready for a showdown if need be and doesn't really seem to know how to react when the other party instead kind of just... deflates, apologises and leaves.

Whatever she was expecting and mentally prepared for clearly wasn't that.

On another note the result would most likely have been essentially the same without her appearance anyway, only with less poleaxed expressions on Igarashi's part...

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Nano actually looks quite wrong-footed by the turn the encounter took. She clearly arrived filled with DETERMINATION andready for a showdown if need be and doesn't really seem to know how to react when the other party instead kind of just... deflates, apologises and leaves.

Whatever she was expecting and mentally prepared for clearly wasn't that.

Sometimes the person you're really angry at simply won't do you the common courtesy of fighting back, and then you're stuck yelling at someone for no reason and looking like an asshole.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

To further unfold Chidori's backstory and give Nanoha a chance to shine?

Also, the senpai didn't come out of nowhere. Gotta pay attention to the details. Tsk, tsk.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I love the detail that Chidori is standing on a box but still has to reach on her toes to kiss Nanoha.

Cute cute CUTE!

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I demand a "FUCKING FINALLY" tag right now!

And dear Lord! They are still getting cockblocked by everyone and everuthing!

But, finally! Now, we just need to wait the same to happen in Ouji-sama Nante Iranai........... Might take a while.....

last edited at Sep 13, 2019 10:16AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Omfg i’m just as shocked as Nanoha! They finally fucking kissed... i can die happy now (๑╹ω╹๑ )

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

YES! About damn time. And not just the kiss either, Chidori actually managed to say out loud that she loves Nanoha as well. At least the second time, after stopping herself as usual at first.

Screenshot_2020-06-05%20dorian%20electra%20has%20a%20full%20on%20broment
joined Jun 20, 2017

I love the detail that Chidori is standing on a box but still has to reach on her toes to kiss Nanoha.

Cute cute CUTE!

THIS. I was feeling totally stressed out and seeing this just cleared up my mood instantly

joined Mar 18, 2018

Okey im gonna say it.
I think this is the next big yuri after Bloom into You & Citrus!

joined May 24, 2014

Wholesome, indeed!

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"How wholesome," indeed!

Edit: LOL -- And another one appears ^ while I'm fetching the URL.

last edited at Sep 13, 2019 10:30AM

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Finally...!! I actually thought we would never get to see them kissing lol. Hope from now on we start getting more tension between them too.
I was fine with them like this, because their character design is really cute, but this is even better. Although I'm not a fan of too much sexual things either, because they lose their meaning after some point. This is why this kiss had much more impact now.

Also there were like hundreds of people around. No way everyone was just looking at the fireworks. Both in the hallway and now them kissing, I think the most realistic situation is that someone saw/heard them and they'll have to come out or it's a foreshadowing of them deciding on their own to do it.

Okey im gonna say it.

We need an anime. I can feel it

last edited at Sep 13, 2019 11:05AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Only that's no moonbox, it's the curb around the base of the tree...

On an entirely different note I'm probably not the only one who finds this institutionalised literal moral policing sort of creepy. >_>

joined Aug 23, 2018

Okey im gonna say it.

I think it's better then Citrus, not quite on the same level as Bloom Into You. It's definitely deserving to be in the top tier of Yuri Manga's for sure. It's one of those Yuri's that slip's under the radar.

I'm not Grade A die hard level Yuri fan and I probably be shot down for this, but this reminds me a bit of the classic Milk Morinaga's Gilrfriend's, but imagine if Morinaga skipped the whole will they won't they and just started with them as a couple. It's rather sweet, all the side characters are great and the central romance is believable. I think this would make for a great adaption for an Anime or a one off anime.

joined Jan 6, 2017

this reminds me a bit of the classic Milk Morinaga's Gilrfriend's

Short and tall girl, check
Short and long hair, check
Dark and blonde hair, check
Spaghetti like limbs in some panels, check
Diabetes inducing, check

This is definitely a Morigana Milk story.

last edited at Sep 13, 2019 11:59AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't see any similarity with Girlfriends besides the school setting. The characters of the two mangas are very different from each other.

I can see how this can be compared to Citrus and BIY regarding the popularity, not story wise. Although it's not as popular as them, but I honestly prefer this than the other two. Bloom into you was tiring me in the first chapters, so I was never into it. Hana ni Arashi has a slow development as well, but I find the characters refreshing.

Short and tall girl, check
Short and long hair, check
Dark and blonde hair, check
Spaghetti like limbs in some panels, check
Diabetes inducing, check

Well that's like 90% of Japanese Yuri school stories though. Especially the blone-brunette pairing.

last edited at Sep 13, 2019 12:04PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Yeah, I'm so glad that they finally did it and that the irritating interruption happened after the kiss.

last edited at Sep 13, 2019 12:21PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.