Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

This is a good one, glad there's more chapters coming!
Anime when? (it's a lead-pipe cinch!)

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

this manga really encapsulates the feeling of loss. All we have of that person are memories. Which can be painful and holding on to personal items of them even more so. Sometimes I have days where I just want to throw it all away too but I can't bring myself to do it.

Large
joined May 27, 2017

I've always liked slow stories like this, I honestly dislike the mangas with the words cramped onto the page, where I have to double-take to actually understand it. This story's formating is well thought out and it has few words per page compared to many mangas, but it's soo good.

Also, I know I'm not the only one who actually wants these characters to have a normal guardian/child relationship right????

Shark%20teef%20-%20final
joined Aug 6, 2019

Haru: What am I supposed to do with memories?

-Roger Smith wants to know your location-

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Just.. damn. Memories are just the past. Right. Loved the chapter, I guess. Gotta wait for more.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Poor Haru...

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

"What am I supposed to do with memories?" she said, to the woman who had lived her whole life unable to let go of her past love.

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

This is such a slow burn that I can't even properly feel it

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

This is such a slow burn that I can't even properly feel it

Mfw the slow burn is so slow burning it's actually a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ah. It's raining.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

You know everything's going to be alright when donuts are added to the equation.

joined May 1, 2015

I am really happy that we have gotten another update. This story really needs to be told.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I'm actually hoping this doesn't take a romantic turn at this point.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

She only acts her age when is about donuts hahahahaha

joined Mar 18, 2018

She's finally starting to open upp a little. Even if just a little, that's still good.
Man I love this manga so much!

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Also, I know I'm not the only one who actually wants these characters to have a normal guardian/child relationship right????

I'm fine whichever way it goes. Yuri makes everything better so I always hope for it, but I can be happy with the two of them simply being a family, brought together by the loss of a loved one.

I very much hope that, if it does go yuri, it will be because Midori falls in love with Haru as Haru, rather than loving her just because she's the image of Tsugumi.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Every time I read one of these chapters I start crying again. It's been ten years now, and every time I think I've moved on, something brings you back into my mind, Mom...

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 5:20PM

Futaribeya
joined Dec 8, 2018

At first I didn't liked Midori because she saw Haru as a replacement of Tsugumi, but know I love her and how she's more mature and mother-like.
I wonder if she will tell Haru that she loved her mother in a romantic way and how Haru will react to it.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

At first I didn't liked Midori because she saw Haru as a replacement of Tsugumi, but know I love her and how she's more mature and mother-like.
I wonder if she will tell Haru that she loved her mother in a romantic way and how Haru will react to it.

Really? Because reading Chapter 6, the pages 31, 32 and 33 make me think the exact opposite.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Really? Because reading Chapter 6, the pages 31, 32 and 33 make me think the exact opposite.

I don't think you're supposed to take it that literally, I read that as more on a sentimental level. Of course she sees Tsugumi in her daughter -- who wouldn't? They've only just met recently and things have moved very quickly given the circumstances. However, everything that has been going on leads me to believe that she definitely has her own individual value for Midori. Being Tsugumi's daughter was just the opening act that brought them together. It all goes up from here.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

If she just saw her as a 1:1 replacement the romance would have started immediately, like in Kusanagi-sensei is tested and comparable stories.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

I agree with you guys its not on romantic level. It's more on the "Please fill my empty void" level, but still not on the Mother/Daughter level.
Which is pretty ok. People needing each other.

I didn't mean it as a negative.

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 6:33PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

It is not hard at all to get the impression that Midori is subconsciously using Haru as the ultimate keepsake of Tsugumi's memory. I don't think that's the intention here but it's not an unreasonable way to read the situation.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Every time I read one of these chapters I start crying again. It's been ten years now, and every time I think I've moved on, something brings you back into my mind, Mom...

...in a few days it's my dad's birthday. He died 10 years ago. Just recently I realized two of the three oldest things in my possession are some toys, he had as a child that I at some point 'rescued' from my grandmother's house before it was sold (she died a year later than him, was senile and we never told her she lived longer than her son..). Years before his passing I had spotted them there, collecting dust, and pointed them out to my father, and he told me that those were his childhood toys (a wodden rabbit with movable limbs and a rather fragile plastic-turtle with a bopping head... and a crack in its shell).
I've never actually seen him handling them. They have no material value.
But although they just sit on a high shelf and I don't look at them every day, they hold a dear spot in my heart...
Well, and today I stumbled across this manga... *tries not to cry*

It's a beautifully drawn and thoughtfully written manga.
I appreciate that the author is taking their time to deal with loss and pain of losing someone dear - and not rushing things to make the plot more exciting. It's a deep dive into grieving.

Yet, eventually one has to move on... and I am curious how these two will eventually do so.
As others stated, as long Midori sees Haru as her own person, I wouldn't mind some age-gap romance. But so far Haru hasn't shown any particular romantic interest in Midori (with the loss of her mother being on the forefront of her emotions). So... yeah, if it happens, a lot needs to develop before that.

I do wonder how Midori and Tsugumi fell apart. How Tsugumi felt about Midori--... well, things point into the direction of romantic interest, but then she went and got herself preggers? Hnn... I am sure, we'll get to find out, eventually. (Maybe the father has an appearance later on, to fill in some of these gaps.)

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 7:49PM

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I have to say that with how melancholic each panel is, just seeing Haru smile or blush brings me a ton of joy. It seems like she's cheered up thanks to Midori and is ready to start slowly moving on, so I'm wondering if the roles will get reversed now and Haru's gonna start trying to cheer up Midori (and fall in love in the process? It is tagged yuri after all)

To reply you must either login or sign up.