Forum › Rain, Brown Hair, Salamandra discussion

Gay%20pogger%20shark
joined Feb 17, 2019

This is nothing like the rest of Kawai Rou's other one-shots in the Incomplete Girl. A nice breather with its fluffiness and cute story, I'd say.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Not Lizard tag ?

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

Would this be considered yuri? I personally don’t think

joined Nov 27, 2017

"Actually it's a wyvern."

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Are they twin sisters? Not identical obviously but still the same age and such. Right?
Very sweet, they're so alike and yet so different, a good match!

Oneplusoneequalstwo
joined Jun 5, 2018

Not Lizard tag ?

Salamanders are amphibians, not lizards.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Why would a story about two girls in a stable relationship not be yuri?

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Good ol' Not Lizard.

Mayuri_icon
joined Jun 24, 2015

What is it with yuri and lizards
Are lizards lesbian animals, lizard-keeping being lesbian culture maybe. Is this the hot new thing

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Are lizards lesbian animals, lizard-keeping being lesbian culture maybe. Is this the hot new thing

Not Lizard.

Quiescent-Rose
Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

Why would a story about two girls in a stable relationship not be yuri?

There isn’t really anything showing that they are in a romantic relationship. They could be close friends, or even twin sisters. Maybe context rather than yuri?

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Another recipient of the legendary not lizard tag.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

Cute

FarhaFiasco said:

I actually have the same doubt... In fact, this is the first work I read with the tag, but I do see it fairly often, be it on releases or mentioned on comments, so I always wondered about the existence of said tag.

Quiescent-Rose said:
There isn’t really anything showing that they are in a romantic relationship. They could be close friends, or even twin sisters. Maybe context rather than yuri?

Apply Mochi logic and we are fine.

Now, can I complain a little? Thanks:
Who do I have to beg for the translation of GyaruOta to continue?! I liked the manga so much that I even bought the first 3 volumes, but I can't actually read them!... I really don't want to trouble them, but I'm seriously considering asking the /u/ translators to translate it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but the scientific name for the Fire Salamandras reminds me of the equally incredible scientific name for the Western lowland gorilla.

last edited at Jul 31, 2019 9:54PM

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Complementary fit

_20181030_021259
joined Apr 21, 2017

There is actually a species of lizards that are female only, the Whiptail.

Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

Now, can I complain a little? Thanks:
Who do I have to beg for the translation of GyaruOta to continue?! I liked the manga so much that I even bought the first 3 volumes, but I can't actually read them!... I really don't want to trouble them, but I'm seriously considering asking the /u/ translators to translate it.

Hey there! I thought about picking it up bc I really love the manga as well, but it actually looks like someone's currently started translating it. There was a new chapter on mangadex about two weeks ago. Fingers crossed they keep at it!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

They are probably twin sisters because they live in the same house, have the same birthday and have similar names.

I dunno about that. Page 5 shows one of them addressing the other one by last name instead of first name, and asking about the drawing like it was something new to learn about.

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

@euphowolf
That's great to know. Let's hope.
Also, interesting profile pic.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Only here for the not lizard tag

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I think about those everytime I see the lizard tag on a yuri story. No idea if the two are actually related. ^^;

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This explains a lot about the Black Lizard Planet.

En7lgnjwaaad25y
joined Dec 28, 2018

Wait wait, it gets better. I love discuss whiptail lizards, because they're such cute little natural oddities. They engage in "mock courtship"- see, technically whiptail lizards have babies that are in essence clones of themselves most of the time. However, in order to actually have these babies, they still enact all the weird mating dances and side-rubbing of regular lizards breeding. Not only that, on very rare occasions, two whiptails can actually exchange tiny amounts of genetic information somehow, basically the IRL equivalent of science babies. It's adorable.

Yuriburrito
joined Apr 8, 2019

Good thing this was tagged not lizard. Saved me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.