Forum › Posts by euphowolf

Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

Just my two cents, although as a cis person I'm not sure my opinion applies: I live in Japan and go to LGBT events on the occasion, and many of the transwomen who have transitioned here pass very well in my eyes. I think it might have to do the pressure to not stand out here, coupled with the (on average) naturally slimmer and shorter figures of Japanese men and women here. With manga it's natural to have idealized versions of reality, but I don't think it's completely unrealistic for a lot of girls to be portrayed as passing if the story is in a Japan setting.

Of course, I'm maybe not the most observant person in the world (and I also don't go around actively trying to figure out if a person is trans or cis), so please take my words with a grain of salt!

last edited at Nov 16, 2019 6:52PM

euphowolf
Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

Seems like there's a lot of confusion, so to clear things up:

Pure Water Adolescence (the original oneshots) were re-released in a "complete" volume last year. At the same time, a new compilation volume titled Pure Water Luminescence was released as well. Within Pure Water Luminescence is two things: Paradise, And After..., a completely separate series with different characters; and the sequel to Pure Water Adolescence, confusingly also titled Pure Water Adolescence.

Both of these series were originally published only on Rakuen Le Paradis' webcomic portal, whereas the FIRST Pure Water Adolescence oneshots were published many years ago in the print anthology magazine.

You can view the table of contents for Pure Water Luminescence here: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/paradise_and_after_ch01#4

Anything not included in that Table of Contents belongs to the "first" series.

Hope that clears things up!

euphowolf
Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

Sorry ;__;

euphowolf
Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/yuri_gatari/status/1169539548969201665?s=19

RT campaign! For each RT, one character of this interview with Kodama Naoko will be made available to read for free. 8k RTs will make the whole article free.

I will translate this interview if it the tweet reaches 8k. So many retweets is a bit of a tall order, but if you could help out, that'd be great!

euphowolf
Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

Hi, to clear up the confusion:

Paradise, And After is a standalone mini-comic series. I don't believe it has any relation to Pure Water Luminescence, and Nanao and Matsumoto will not appear. If you look at the table of contents, you can see it runs until page 90 of the book.

The second half of the book is a direct sequel to Purewater Adolescence. Nanao and Matsumoto are the main characters.

I plan to do the whole book sequentially, so please enjoy these mini-comics and look forward to seeing Nanao and Matsumoto return in the near future.

euphowolf
Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

What's with all these recent Miman stories? I'm happy as hell about it, but why now?

Because I decided to start translating them?
¯_(ツ)_/¯ I've owned them forever but didn't have the confidence in my Japanese ability nor the editing skills needed back then to work on them. Now I have both, and I noticed these anthologies were never finished, so I set out to complete them. That's all there is to it!

euphowolf
Shabon discussion 21 Aug 08:30
Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

I know you're all having fun reading into the black backgrounds but just my two cents, they were simply an odd aesthetic choice. they're on every page except the last one, pretty sure she was just trying to emphasize how it was dark outside/set the pensive mood.

that being said, this volume was re-released in 2018, as well as her first anthology collection Kimi-Iro Shoujo. If you're interested, you can purchase it here: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4758078696

Why should you buy it? Well, it includes a totally new oneshot as well as bonus content for this story :) i could be tempted into buying and scanning it despite already owning the original release, if i knew it would help support the author...

last edited at Aug 21, 2019 8:31AM

euphowolf
Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

Incomplete Girl is now... Complete! (ba dum, tiss) If you're interested in some notes I've made on this anthology, you can read them here: https://euphowolf.tumblr.com/post/187022420728/incomplete-girl-by-kawai-rou-finished

The main point of interest concerns the title of ch. 6 (which I didn't translate). TLDR it might be completely wrong.

Thanks for bearing through my amateur editing! And if anyone wants to offer a hand in TSing/cleaning/etc., please reach out to me...

Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

Now, can I complain a little? Thanks:
Who do I have to beg for the translation of GyaruOta to continue?! I liked the manga so much that I even bought the first 3 volumes, but I can't actually read them!... I really don't want to trouble them, but I'm seriously considering asking the /u/ translators to translate it.

Hey there! I thought about picking it up bc I really love the manga as well, but it actually looks like someone's currently started translating it. There was a new chapter on mangadex about two weeks ago. Fingers crossed they keep at it!

euphowolf
Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

Typical anime and manga shit. "Moving away" means you have to delete any contact you have. Online messengers, email, postal services and even a fucking phonecall do not exist in this world.

Please, they're 10 years old... Be cool.

last edited at Jul 27, 2019 10:39AM

euphowolf
Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

Could we get a childhood friends tag? :)

euphowolf
flare discussion 22 Jul 03:24
Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

This was such a great an emotional story, I hope the rest of this book gets translated too.

That's the plan! :)

last edited at Jul 22, 2019 3:24AM

euphowolf
Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

On the index page in the first chapter, this chapter is called "My Next-door Bride", which certainly conjures different ideas than what ended up being the actual story. Still though, this is fine too I enjoyed it!

The titular story of the collection is probably my favorite of the bunch though, all things considered.

I debated on whether I should go with the previously translated title but decided that it wasn't exactly accurate. The original title FYI is "Tonari no Yome." (Much like "Tonari no Totoro," although "My Neighbor Wife" or "My Neighbor Bride" doesn't sound too great, haha!)

euphowolf
Jd9w2c7o_400x400
joined Jul 12, 2019

Many thanks to the scanlator for their work and for sharing this translation with us!

If I may make one small suggestion; page 16's text isn't anti-aliased properly, and as a result is a little troublesome to read. Should you decide to fix this, we'll be happy to update the version on the site as well.

Thank you very much for pointing that out. I've gone and re-uploaded it to Mangadex. Hopefully that's the only necessary fix!