Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

We've got quite a big collection of yuri manga here on Dynasty, so it makes sense that folks might have missed stuff they're really in the mood to read.

Therefore, this is a thread for all of you, who want to hear about the stuff you're looking for. And for people who want to encourage others to read something they may have missed.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I barely read anything that was released from 2016-2018. Hit me with your best (cute) oneshots and doujins!

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I barely read anything that was released from 2016-2018. Hit me with your best (cute) oneshots and doujins!

My top (cute) from that span:
Top? Bottom? Three Round Bout!
Men Men Musubi
Unshown Face, Unknown Face

As for me, I'm still pissed off about Devilman Crybaby ep. 9 and I wonder if there's any Sports stuff that I might like. I've already read quite a lot of the Sports oneshots here though, as well as Amanchu, Harukana Receive, The Flower and the Star...

(Edit: I enjoy Yuasa's female characters in general, so any sort of "if Yuasa did yuri" things are okay as well.)

last edited at Jul 16, 2019 11:48AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Well it was just a re-release and I have no idea when the original one actually came out, but...

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/5_seconds_before_a_witch_falls_in_love

This one is ungodly cute. Tsundere stuff is hit and miss, but this one is all hit. Of course that stuff is my weakness, so take the full bias into account.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I Want To Leave Behind a Miraculous Love One of my favorite Science babies doujin.

The Night When Bougainvilleas Blossom and Hyacinth Love and Encounter I'm guilty because i'm a sucker for Neji Monster Girl/Human girl pairing and Beauty and the Beast Girl is one of my all-time favorite yuri.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_bizarre_pair_chapters_01_26#1
Super cute kittens!

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hanagui

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Hi! anyone know of any good age-gap manga, but where the characters involved are all adults? so like a 20-something with a 30 something or 30 something with a 40 something, or something like that? basically with adults charcaters

Nisshoku
joined Jan 9, 2017

Hi! anyone know of any good age-gap manga, but where the characters involved are all adults? so like a 20-something with a 30 something or 30 something with a 40 something, or something like that? basically with adults charcaters

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/20_year_old_girl_x_30_year_old_maiden

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

This is more of a single chapter within a manga, rather than a manga or a one-shot, but...
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yurigurashi_ch07

Chained-kong-5ab9c8a67b959
joined Jul 14, 2019

does anyone know of some rlly good delinquent yuri?it doesnt have to be a series it could just be a one shot, but anything with delinquent characters is good.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

does anyone know of some rlly good delinquent yuri?it doesnt have to be a series it could just be a one shot, but anything with delinquent characters is good.

If you like cute delinquents, this is good: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/out_of_the_blue

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Thanks for the couple of suggestions!
Also I really like Out of the Blues as well, it also has my recomendation.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/hino_san_no_baka it's a first thing that pop in my mind

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lovedeath_nicochuu_1st_chapter is also funny and the first partof the manga is good too

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

https://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/puku_yuri
Also out of the blue.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Edible Flowers, if you’re fine with 19 and 31.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Gimme anything with the dynamic like the one in Unchanging Days or Sasameki Koto; cool, seemingly-aloof girl is secretly head-over-heels for her cute, excitable best friend.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Edible Flowers, if you’re fine with 19 and 31.

Thanks I'll check it out!

Gimme anything with the dynamic like the one in Unchanging Days or Sasameki Koto; cool, seemingly-aloof girl is secretly head-over-heels for her cute, excitable best friend.

It's very recent, with only 5 chapter at the moment, but Whispering You a Love Song has been really good in my opinion, though is more of "cool senpai and cute kohai" rather than "best friends"

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Out of the Blue.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Niiice! Making a thread for recommendations is a wonderful idea! XD

I see there have been less than 20 posts but already 3 different people recommend Out of the Blue. Pretty impressive, gotta be a good one! I'm definitely gonna check it out.

PS: see how I was right about this being a good idea? I already got something good from looking at the thread and it's still at page 1, lol.

Dynasty%20icon
joined Nov 18, 2018

A great recommendation for anyone who likes action, plot (both meanings of the word) & is okay with gore is Murcielago

last edited at Jul 18, 2019 11:59PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Therefore, this is a thread for all of you, who want to hear about the stuff you're looking for. And for people who want to encourage others to read something they may have missed.

Nezchan, I'm not clear on some details.

Are we supposed to recommend anything as long as we think is good? Because in that case the most popular series, like Yuru Yuri or Virgins' Empire, will get the most recommendations -- which will accomplish nothing, as everyone and their uncle has already heard about them. Or am I correct to assume that the idea is to focus on more obscure, less known series?

Also, do we limit the recommendations to series found right now in the Dynasty Reader, and leave out those series that were removed or have never been uploaded? Or is anything fine as long as it's yuri?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nez is free to add what she wants to this, but here's a few cents for your time.

Are we supposed to recommend anything as long as we think is good? Or am I correct to assume that the idea is to focus on more obscure, less known series?

This entirely depends on the context. The thread is meant to be used in two ways, A) encourage others' to read something they've missed, and B) look for suggestions based on certain criteria. If one is going for A, than they ought not focus on the biggest and baddest yuri series. The logic presented in your post is fair. However if one is responding to a post regarding B, than any and all recommendations are encouraged, so long as they fall within the OP's criteria.

Also, do we limit the recommendations to series found right now in the Dynasty Reader, and leave out those series that were removed or have never been uploaded? Or is anything fine as long as it's yuri?

Generally speaking, anything is fine so long as it's yuri, tagged Yuri or Subtext here, or passable for one of those categories. Please be careful not to break Rule 8 when linking to outside sources. Linking to any outside reader with ads will likely see your post or link removed. We have no issue with removed/licensed content being recommended or discussed. However, as a matter of courtesy I would ask that users not directly link to said content, for reasons that are hopefully obvious on their own.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

A great recommendation for anyone who likes action, plot (both meanings of the word) & is okay with gore is Murcielago

I'm agree but a fair warning from me : Murcielago get licensied so the scans get trad till volume 8 end. After the end of Vol.8, you must start to buy physicals releases. For the moment we are at vol.10.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Lilliwyt posted:

I'm agree but a fair warning from me : Murcielago get licensied so the scans get trad till volume 8 end. After the end of Vol.8, you must start to buy physicals releases. For the moment we are at vol.10.

Pff. We are at volume 12.

To reply you must either login or sign up.