Forum › 1 x ½ discussion

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

Now I'm not sure that's it here (but it could be that Ayako's parents wanted something different for her), but I'd quite like to see Ayako's parents / Asuka's grandparents at some point. Well. Once they've figured out their relationship, as a sort of season 2 theme. Getting together is one thing in an incestuous relationship, making it work in the wider world an entirely different one ^^;

Ayako's parents are dead :(
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch10_1#3

That said I would also very much like to see how Asuka and Ayako would function as a couple after they become one. I reeeeally hope that manga is not going to end right after they start dating.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Ayako's parents are dead :(
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/1_x_ch10_1#3

Damnit. I hate a vague memory of something along the line but couldn't pinpoint it. Only remembered that Best-Friend-Family's parents are off on one of those infinite manga vacations ... ^^

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ayako does feel guilty about something (that Akira says wasn’t her fault).

Actually it was Ayako who said to Akira that “what happened” wasn’t Akira’s fault.

You’re right—I switched that around in my head. (All these “A” names have always given me a little trouble.)

My guess is that “what happened” is also connected to Akira’s uncharacteristic (for such an aggressive lesbian horndog) statement to Asuka that “not even a lifetime would be enough to earn the right to be in love with Ayako.”

One odd fact is that Ayako can’t seem to finish her thought whenever she thinks about what Atsushi-kun (her husband) was like except to say he was “a slightly strange person.” I have no idea what to make of that, however.

Keeping the whole story straight in my head is complicated by the fact that almost every single chapter either contains or is itself a flashback, sometimes with more than one flashback and to more than one point in the past. Moreover, the story shifts fairly subtly to an interior view of different characters—the A’s, Rui, Jun-kun, etc.

Throw in the several omake/extras which seem to have different canonical statuses (pretty sure the neko-Asuka one didn’t happen, but the Akira-as-babysitter probably did), and it’s a challenge for me to remember exactly what happened in which chapter.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I’ve just re-read the entire series, twice

Hah! I've just reread this entire series AND I've just reread the entire Ayame 14 as well, just for the heck of it!

Then again, I do reread these series often... so it's not like I can brag of accomplishing a great feat or anything, tee hee. They are my two favorite manga among all those in the middle of being scanlated right now.

(And now I have once again the "manko bitchi, manko bitchi" song stuck in my head. With the music of Concha Sucia. It's always the same thing... )

joined Apr 6, 2019

That said I would also very much like to see how Asuka and Ayako would function as a couple after they become one. I reeeeally hope that manga is not going to end right after they start dating.

1 x ½ is published online, right? And sold thro Kindle and the like?

Then, as long as it keeps selling well, I'm confident it's not going to end so soon.

Fuuka%20small
joined Sep 9, 2017

@KueKyuuQ

Well I'm glad that someone appreciating my sense of humor.

@Blastaar

Keeping the whole story straight in my head is complicated by the fact that almost every single chapter either contains or is itself a flashback, sometimes with more than one flashback and to more than one point in the past.

Yeah, I can see how that could be confusing. I mean I’m participating in translation of this manga to two languages so by the time both releases are done I know every word of every line and every sound effect pretty much by heart. And the timing of events sometimes still gets confusing – like at first I thought that Miyuki seduced Asuka, then the later started visiting her Mom’s bedroom for… recreational purposes. But it seems the other way around – Asuka started said visits without even fully realizing the reason for doing it?

@Fairypixie24

Then, as long as it keeps selling well, I'm confident it's not going to end so soon.

It’s selling through Kindle indeed and author’s Fantia and Fanbox have paid subscription plans, but I have no idea how well all that going.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh wow

joined Apr 23, 2019

Certain thing is, Ayako-Asuka have sexual attraction between them, and tension which leads to fulfillment (whatever reasons for attraction could be, I gave my points of view already not caring what anyone else thinks about it, it's just my personal opinion).
If Ayako truly "formed" Asuka into "child forever in mother's womb", she should take responsibility for Asuka and give her "another kind of birth". It's like, their relation mother-daughter is vague past, it already elevated to lovers, but not yet consciously fulfilled.
(they were related as mother-daughter in "past life", it's still present, but something happened with both of them what changed their starting point (mother-daughter) into something else(potential lovers). Sexual energies are spiritual thing, physical is just manifestation.

last edited at Jun 25, 2019 10:14PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Svitac, I have to admire your diverse ways of not making sense.

joined Apr 23, 2019

^
Well, it's not my fault if it does not click with you. My light is of special and sublime kind, for other special kinds, not for everyone. My kind knows me. And, I can't say you are some authority to judge my words. All opinions are equal until it's proven they aren't.
Anyway, I allow you to "admire'' me , even I don't know what is point of everyone of you to write how I am "not making sense"??? If you can't understand what I'm talking about, it's not up to me, but up to you. I'm expressing my opinions as everyone else, what is with all of you to judge about it, writing just "not making sense"??? Who asked you to say it? Who cares what you think about it?
That's all what I want to say. If you don't like my ways of thinking, ignore me just as I will ignore you, and stop calling me "on the line". I hope mods will see how many of "you" are trying to provoke me. Over.

bro i think it's more of a language issue lel

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Don't feed the trolls~~

joined Apr 23, 2019

Back to manga, here we have exceptional situation between physically forming a child, and spiritually transforming that "previous child of the body" into potential lover under unknown (or unclear) circumstances.
It's very complex subject, beyond understanding. For complete understanding, one must understand what are differences between procreation (physical) and creation (spiritual).
In manga, we have one of the most complicated situation, a mixture of both. And author did not reveal yet everything.
I don't expect wide population to understand my words, I'm talking about the highest principles of life. I don't have matches among people to talk about it, for now. I went too far in understanding and knowledge, and all I can do is to prepare the way for others to come where I am. For Those who can reach out. One day.

?????

joined Jul 26, 2016

too mystic

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Uh... I have no idea what is happening here anymore. Something about a spiritual vodoo cult? I'll just try and focus on the stuff I was actually involved with.

I don't think "repression" is a good (narrative) answer for what's going on with Ayako. That might or might not be plausible irl, but in fiction I expect certain internal logic to be upheld, and if the mother is first shown to be oblivious, and then later shown to be not-oblivious earlier, than that's a problem the narration needs to explain ...

Assuming you were replying to my statement there.

I understand why this seems like lazy writing or a shoddy retcon. The best way to look at it is that Ayako stopped exploring that feeling before she could fully register what she was even thinking. LIke "Did I think of my daughter as attractive? Naaaah, that`s crazy. Makes me feel sick." And that's where the topic died for her.

Now in the early chapters she seemed oblivious, but is there any reason for her to figure out those feelings just because of one stray thought years ago? It would also not help her realize Asuka's attraction to her. So as far as I'm concerned this didn't contradict the context (yet).

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Now in the early chapters she seemed oblivious, but is there any reason for her to figure out those feelings just because of one stray thought years ago? It would also not help her realize Asuka's attraction to her. So as far as I'm concerned this didn't contradict the context (yet).

I'm actually not entirely sure anymore she was completely oblivious at the beginning. I mean, that's how I always read it; that she's just being motherly and kinda "accidentally" a bit flirtatious (from Asuka's perspective). That also fits with how she "acquired" her husband; presumably not by actually doing anything (from her perspective; that's why she's so surprised) but simply by being approached and accepting.

Buuut ... it doesn't actually say what she thinks when plucks rice from her daughter's cheek. And it's her that gets scared of losing Asuka and holding hands afterwards; all blushing. And when she says it's probably her fault, and she wonders when everything changed (for her), she isn't going "yeah obviously just now when Asuka confessed". It might have been supposed to be a hint that for her "things changed" much earlier.

So ... she might be oblivious to how Asuka feels about her, but I suppose it's possible that at least on some level she been somewhat aware of her own feelings from the beginning of the manga.

That being said I'm also not really convinced by this; so let's see where the story goes with all its flashbacks and so on. ^^

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

yes bitch this is the type of shit i signed up for give me more of this degeneracy

LesbianPirate
Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

but give me substance too

WisestofWolfies
Sdofnwou
joined Mar 26, 2019

Taiyaki has stated that she intends for this series to be long-running, and given it's a very unique premise that's being taken very seriously (would normally be the butt end of a joke or running gag in anything else, or at most a hentai) I could see it gaining a lot of traction overtime as there's really nothing else like it, even if a lot of that traction is due to morbid curiosity.

last edited at Jun 26, 2019 10:29AM

joined Apr 6, 2019

Taiyaki has stated that she intends for this series to be long-running, and given it's a very unique premise that's being taken very seriously (would normally be the butt end of a joke or running gag in anything else, or at most a hentai) I could see it gaining a lot of traction overtime as there's really nothing else like it, even if a lot of that traction is due to morbid curiosity.

Lol. Let's hope you're right.
Although, if this forum is any indication, the bulk of the followers will be people who actually have a real interest in the series. We have in this thread about a hundred commenters who love Taiyaki's work, and only two worthies who claim they read it out of morbid curiosity... and one of them hasn't been heard of since they slapped a ban on him for bad etiquette. I'm certain that most of the Japanese readers will be real fans who sincerely appreciate the basic premise and the serious, original way the story is being handled.

Although, if this forum is any indication, the bulk of the followers will be people who actually have a real interest in the series. We have in this thread about a hundred commenters who love Taiyaki's work, and only two worthies who claim they read it out of morbid curiosity... and one of them hasn't been heard of since they slapped a ban on him for bad etiquette. I'm certain that most of the Japanese readers will be real fans who sincerely appreciate the basic premise and the serious, original way the story is being handled.

i wanna see this go "all the way" :) won't accept anything less

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I already count 4 people who said they read it out of morbid curiosity and I think that's low-balling it. Most people who do that just don't comment lol

Taking a story seriously and not liking the basic premise are not contradictory anyway.

WisestofWolfies
Sdofnwou
joined Mar 26, 2019

Taiyaki has stated that they will go all the way. Just have to be patient ;)

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Taiyaki has stated that they will go all the way. Just have to be patient ;)

We will. For a series this good, it's well worth being patient.

To reply you must either login or sign up.