Forum › The Meaning of Us discussion

joined Aug 21, 2017

Ah that was good

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Heh, the school couple on page 16 and 17 make me really notice how similar Nanoha and Chidori from Hana Ni Arashi are to Akko and Mari from Girl Friends cause seeing them made me think of both couples.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

Could someone explain to me why everyone in this series is talking about the importance of getting married in the Heisei era? Is this some Japanese custom I've never heard of?

joined Apr 18, 2018

The best chapter in the Just You and I anthology. The message it is sending is truly meaningful.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^ Everyone? Only Yashima in the first story says that, because she doesn't want to be single at 30.

But damn Kawauchi's story hit me in the feels.

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 9:15PM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

i like how one of the themes in this anthology is progression: from past views, from past fears and on changing views. i realize change happens slowly, but i hope this anthology is one of many that chronicles that change.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_meaning_of_us_1#10
Oh my God I want that collection!!! Kaitou Jane, Sakura, and fruits basket!!! (I didn't watch karekano)

joined Jan 14, 2015

This has got to be one of my new fav one shots, really hit me right in the heart

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Salute to all 90s kids.

Clannadas20ushio3
joined Jun 22, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_meaning_of_us_1#10
Oh my God I want that collection!!! Kaitou Jane, Sakura, and fruits basket!!! (I didn't watch karekano)

KareKano es my #1 romance manga ever!! you should read it, it is super good!!, the anime is just a tiny bit of the story, damn I love that manga.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

The other two stories were kinda 'meh', but this one was beautiful.
(I miss KareKano..it's a shame the anime went nowhere.)

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Is there a variant of bittersweet, ie something starts out feeling both nice and kinda bitter at the same time, but then everything ends up better than expected and you're left feeling good about the future? Because that's how this story made me feel.
That and nostalgic for the late nineties.

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 10:41PM

Large
joined May 27, 2017

This was adorable and sweet, I hope more people start to be more proud of who they are and set a proud example for everyone to see and help lgbt community get normalized everywhere.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

NINTENDO SIXTY FOUR !!!!!!! OH MY GAWD

This story touched my heart

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 11:39PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Is there a variant of bittersweet, ie something starts out feeling both nice and kinda bitter at the same time, but then everything ends up better than expected and you're left feeling good about the future? Because that's how this story made me feel.

"Sweetbitter" maybe? :P

joined May 24, 2015

I think the main reason I loved this one is it was a continuation from their dating in high school. A lot of people are pessimistic and think girls dating in high school will get over their "gay phase" and break up. Glad to see this high school couple's still going strong <3

Seohyuncropped
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

I'm not crying you're crying T_T

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

Could someone explain to me why everyone in this series is talking about the importance of getting married in the Heisei era? Is this some Japanese custom I've never heard of?

Is because of the new japanese empereor that took the title on april of this year, everytime that there is a change of empereor in japan is considered a change of era, and those eras are named after the empereor in position on those years

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

DUUUUUDE!! I KNOW! N64 IS THE BEST!

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Haha, they took the initials HKY and slapped "English words that sounded cool" onto them...resulting in the glorious "Hyper Kettle Yesterday" for their group name. I love it.

last edited at Jun 9, 2019 1:06AM

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was nice to see. Hope the n64 mini rumor turns out to be true. If not this e3 then someday.

This was a lovely story.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

The best chapter in the Just You and I anthology. The message it is sending is truly meaningful.

Couldn't agree more, I came here to post the same.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

They break out the manga, and I had complete versions of 3 of the 4 (karekano, ccs, and furuba). I think I sold Karekano years ago, though. Oddly in a mix of languages, I have the first half of CCS in German, which I can no longer read, the second half in English, and Fruits Basket in Japanese.

Which also is kinda nice, otaku culture worldwide!

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Well, that was some good and happy gay. ~

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Heh, the school couple on page 16 and 17 make me really notice how similar Nanoha and Chidori from Hana Ni Arashi are to Akko and Mari from Girl Friends cause seeing them made me think of both couples.

I THOUGHT THEY LOOKED SIMILAR TO THEM TOO!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.