Forum › Haru and Midori discussion

Images
joined Sep 30, 2018

I suppppeeeerr lovvveee thissss

joined Jul 23, 2017

Man i feel bad for both especially for midori san, she really do loves tsugumi because she still remebers the time they spent together with each other

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I was not prepared for the feels.

joined May 18, 2019

Yeah, agree is too early to classify this as Age-gap and even Yuri. Since none of those tropes have shown to be a strong in the plot yet. I'm with yuri-crush and roomates as tags.

Besides, solid so far.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Man do I hate the "it's not yuri if they don't trib in the first few chapters" crowd that has been showing up lately. It's definitely a yuri. Just a slow burning one . Yuri crush is more for slice-of-life or primarily non-yuri genres where a gay crush is present, but not the focus.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That's so wholesome ( ´艸`) and look at Midori being do pessimist, she thinks Haru wouldn't fit in school, reflecting her self on her, the co workers actually try to initiate a conversation but she quickly runs away from the social opportunity and prefers to be alone, I think she's really deep in her own emptiness, so I hope Haru can give her some warm, not in necessary in a romantic sense, but she needs to open her heart to everyone, her family too, otherwise, the moment Haru leaves, she will be back at her old self that never really moved forward.

I've know of cases like that, people who believe that they were excluded by everyone but in reality they were so negative and depressed that they couldn't see when they had the chance to connect with others and they grown like that alone, and it becomes more awkward with time as they never learn to socialize while others already have a clear understanding of social norms, body language and such.

Back in chapter 2 Haru says "I haven't heard that line since elementary school" and that's probably it, when it comes to socializing, Midori is still just a kid.

@Goggled Anon when I suggested all those tags it was kinda with despise, like "if you want to remove one tag for a technicality then let's remove all of them" to show how boring and silly it is... In the first place, people who don't like age gap should've closed the tab with just the cover, and people who don't recognize yuri as yuri without a kiss or confession in the very first chapter should only read one-shots.

last edited at May 27, 2019 8:03PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

I do like the awkward and competant character couplings. Heh.

70420323_p4_master1200-min
joined Dec 28, 2018

This one is really really good

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Well, that was cute and wholesome, but I really hope they don't end up falling for each other. There's just too much going on that would make it super creepy.

I think the best ending would be Haru helping Midori come out of her shell and find a girlfriend, while Midori provides Haru a home and place to belong.

joined Jul 4, 2018

Man do I hate the "it's not yuri if they don't trib in the first few chapters" crowd that has been showing up lately. It's definitely a yuri. Just a slow burning one . Yuri crush is more for slice-of-life or primarily non-yuri genres where a gay crush is present, but not the focus.

Dude, this is the DEFINITION of yuri right here...
For me

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Aw. I didn't think that this would be that good. Mmm.

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

This kind of reminds me of Serenade. In that series, the protagonist's love interest begins dating her because she looks like her past lover. But eventually, she comes to love the protagonist herself rather than the image of her ex she had projected on her.

That being said, Annabeth_96 and Nezchan pretty much sum up my feelings towards this series. This is an exception where I'd like it if they don't pursue each other in a romantic way. I'd rather like to see them helping each other grow as friends. And help each other score as wingmen, like true friends lol.

joined Apr 16, 2014

Whatever relationship these two would have in the future, it'll be warm and wholesome and that's all I want. I trust that the author would continue to deliver it in a natural pace.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

This is really really good. For some reason it had me crying. I can relate a lot to Midori. Just feeling so alone in adulthood and remembering a time where you had a best friend that meant the world to you. I would give anything to have that back.

Alright enough being sentimental. I would honestly be ok if this stayed platonic and didnt turn out yuri, which I rarely ever say. The story by itself is good enough to not need the age gap romance. Rather i wanna see Haru uplift Midori and give her more confidence to be a thriving adult.

uzumakixhinata
joined Nov 7, 2013

as a working adult who finds it hard to make new friends, i can totally relate to midori in all levels. this is nice. really really nice. looking forward for more!

Priere_lowdef
joined Oct 8, 2012

I really like this manga so far but... honestly... right now I would rather have them not getting together at the end because it feels really unhealthy with midori trying to be half motherly and is half stuck in the past with her friend and projecting things on her daughter and Haru being insecure and all...
It would take a LOT of feelings resolution first for me to accept their relationship evolving into romance without it being really bad.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Is this going to be a watered down Usagi Drop?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Is this going to be a watered down Usagi Drop?

Besides the fact that they're both girls, they don't start off thinking they're blood-related, and the younger one isn't 6 years old, you mean?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Okazu = side dish = ...

Dynasty
joined Apr 27, 2019

Okazu = side dish = ...

I don't get it...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Arashiyama posted:

Okazu = side dish = ...

I don't get it...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=okazu

She may be understood as wanting to give her "schlick material"

Basically, I'm not sure if the author made it on purpose or not. Because the fact that the chapter ends on this sentence is awkward. Like it's a punchline.

The double meaning is lost in translation.

last edited at May 28, 2019 1:04PM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

That's so wholesome ( ´艸`) and look at Midori being do pessimist, she thinks Haru wouldn't fit in school, reflecting her self on her, the co workers actually try to initiate a conversation but she quickly runs away from the social opportunity and prefers to be alone, I think she's really deep in her own emptiness, so I hope Haru can give her some warm, not in necessary in a romantic sense, but she needs to open her heart to everyone, her family too, otherwise, the moment Haru leaves, she will be back at her old self that never really moved forward.

I've know of cases like that, people who believe that they were excluded by everyone but in reality they were so negative and depressed that they couldn't see when they had the chance to connect with others and they grown like that alone, and it becomes more awkward with time as they never learn to socialize while others already have a clear understanding of social norms, body language and such.

Back in chapter 2 Haru says "I haven't heard that line since elementary school" and that's probably it, when it comes to socializing, Midori is still just a kid.

@Goggled Anon when I suggested all those tags it was kinda with despise, like "if you want to remove one tag for a technicality then let's remove all of them" to show how boring and silly it is... In the first place, people who don't like age gap should've closed the tab with just the cover, and people who don't recognize yuri as yuri without a kiss or confession in the very first chapter should only read one-shots.

I was originally gonna just quote the last paragraph but I like your wholistic summery in the prior paragraphs a lot. As for the last paragraph, THANKYOU. It's always been on my mind, but people really do want instant gratification. Though, I think this has to do with manga culture online where we can only read 1 released chapter at a time. I have a feeling that if we were given the opportunity to read the first volume every time we started a new series, we wouldn't have these issues.

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Basically, I'm not sure if the author made it on purpose or not. Because the fact that the chapter ends on this sentence is awkward. Like it's a punchline.

The double meaning is lost in translation.

Fairly certain it's not supposed to be a double meaning. Midori just wants to make the food that Haru likes and, since she's an amateur, side dishes are a good place to start.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I must say, Midori is breaking through some of the barriers that have held her back all along. While taking Haru in might have been a spur of the moment decision based on frustration at the in-laws' treatment and her memories of Tsugumi, she's switched modes from coasting through life unnoticed to consciously helping another person. It seems like she was pretty passive back when they were in school together, so reaching outside herself like this is entirely new, and significant.

Jeanne Mathison
joined May 24, 2019

Can't decide yet if I want Haru x Midori or Midori x Haru :/

To reply you must either login or sign up.