Forum › Hino-san no Baka discussion

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I didn't choose teaching as a profession for nothing. Probably.

Inai hou ga ii ningen
joined May 23, 2018

I took a break from Dynastyscans for like 2 weeks or so and coming back to 12 chapters of hino-san felt like i consumed a years worth of dopamine.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

johnb posted:

Sweet Christmas it took about ten posts for one of you to simply point out, "You missed the joke writen in the margins" Then you take a victory lap like you got me to give up on something profoundly stupid, like flat earth theory.

I'm sorry, but BugDevil is right.

johnb posted:

I totally missed the bit at the side of the page. I thought people were inferring Hino's stupidity was ending the series prematurely, simply because the title of the chapter was "The End."
Now that I know I missed the actual joke. As in I didn't see it.

No. You did not miss it as in "I didn't see it." You didn't get it at all and made a fool of yourself arguing with everyone. That thing at the margins, with "editorial" telling you to look for author's next work? That part is the least relevant. No. The title of the chapter wasn't "The End". That was the freaking joke. Do you read manga since like yesterday? At the end of the chapter they will usually write "to be continue" or "the end" (or something similar) depending whatever this was the last chapter or not. When the series is ending, they very often also add the title of the series, so "Hino-san no Baka * The End". The joke that went over your head was that, that panel was supposed to look like series has ended. The premise of the manga is "Kogume is trying to get Hino to attend classes, so they are together" therefore "If Hino is held back, they won't be in the same class anymore, so Kogume has to make Hino study in order to not let that happen". It's classic set up for "study session". But then Hino subverts it by flat out stating "there's no way in hell I'll study" meaning series arrived at the dead end and there's no way to progress it anymore, so only logical conclusion is to ending it. Therefore the punchline of the joke was the "Hino-san no Baka * The End". The thing at the margins was just supposed to make it look even more like a last page. It was just a follow up to a joke, not the whole joke itself.

Man, it's not the first time you're acting completely spoiled and demanding everything to be given to you on the silver platter.

last edited at May 22, 2019 6:40AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Y'know, why is this thread one of those which I keep open at all times, when I've skipped most of the comments the last few pages? All I know is that there was some sort of explaining and borderline argument going over a joke that the author made...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

johnb It is shutting up time now. Do not reply to this or any other post on the subject of the joke.

Everyone else It's time to leave johnb to his shame. Don't continue this fruitless nonsense, please.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Ok... Now that Nezchan put an end to that, let's open the gambling den and guess if Hino passed or not. Bets must be made using Dynasty's forum exclusive currency, which is nonexistent.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hino is clever and she also has a motivation, I think is safe to say she passes ... but if she doesn't then Blastaar has to change avatar to the bully from Tadokoro san.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ok... Now that Nezchan put an end to that, let's open the gambling den and guess if Hino passed or not. Bets must be made using Dynasty's forum exclusive currency, which is nonexistent.

LesCoin

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Hino is clever and she also has a motivation, I think is safe to say she passes ... but if she doesn't then Blastaar has to change avatar to the bully from Tadokoro san.

A rather unorthodox, yet strangely cruel punishment game.

joined Oct 22, 2018

LesCoin

LesCoin is actually like the penny or cent of the DynastyReader currency. The actual currency is the Golden Lily. 1 Golden Lily = 100 LesCoins

EDIT:
As for what blopa suggested, I'm gonna bet 1 golden lily each in the "Hino passes" and "Hino doesn't pass" boxes. Lose only half of the bet.

cheeky

last edited at May 22, 2019 3:02PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Can't do it. That's not an avatar--it's a portrait.

joined Apr 6, 2019

You can even suck on a man's chest.

Why in the world would you subject yourself to that?

I hear a lot of men are into that.

As a lesbian that thought is extremely repulsive to me. But I guess it's the opposite if you're gay...

I laughed way too hard at that exchange XD

I guess we could just think of it the other way around. Why do we like to watch/ think about/ fantasize two girls having sex? It's a question that gets asked a lot in Japan, where a lot of girls who are into yuri fiction actually choose to date boys in real life. I'll be up front about my personal gut response, which is, 'Why not?' A liking for f/f is a taste or a fetish or a kink like any other, and there are only two possible responses to a fetish: 'Yay!' and 'Huh?' If someone shares your fetish, you don't have to tell them why it's hot. If they don't, all the explaining in the world won't enlighten them.

This easy-going answer doesn't quite meet certain people's needs, I'm aware, but it's the the most convenient for fans who just want to enjoy their naughty pleasures in peace and don't want to explain anything.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

You can even suck on a man's chest.

Why in the world would you subject yourself to that?

I hear a lot of men are into that.

As a lesbian that thought is extremely repulsive to me. But I guess it's the opposite if you're gay...

I laughed way too hard at that exchange XD

I guess we could just think of it the other way around. Why do we like to watch/ think about/ fantasize two girls having sex? It's a question that gets asked a lot in Japan, where a lot of girls who are into yuri fiction actually choose to date boys in real life. I'll be up front about my personal gut response, which is, 'Why not?' A liking for f/f is a taste or a fetish or a kink like any other, and there are only two possible responses to a fetish: 'Yay!' and 'Huh?' If someone shares your fetish, you don't have to tell them why it's hot. If they don't, all the explaining in the world won't enlighten them.

This easy-going answer doesn't quite meet certain people's needs, I'm aware, but it's the the most convenient for fans who just want to enjoy their naughty pleasures in peace and don't want to explain anything.

According to what source women who read yuri end up marrying men? Also how do you know they don't do that because of societal pressures? The pressure to marry a man in Japan is intense.

and there are only two possible responses to a fetish: 'Yay!' and 'Huh?'

You're forgetting option three: "burn in hell, blasphemer".

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

According to what source women who read yuri end up marrying men? Also how do you know they don't do that because of societal pressures? The pressure to marry a man in Japan is intense.

I said dating, not marrying. I haven't read anything about marriage. The survey was commissioned by some research department and targeted girls in school and college. They asked them if they were into yuri, then about their own romantic experiences. Many said they were dating boys. Nobody asked them why, so yeah, the reason for that could be societal expectations. (Of course, there's no law that says hetero or bi girls can't enjoy yuri, so perhaps they simply were that way...)

Ouch. It's true and it hurts. :-(

last edited at May 23, 2019 2:16AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

I said dating, not marrying. I haven't read anything about marriage. The survey was commissioned by some research department and targeted girls in school and college. They asked them if they were into yuri, then about their own romantic experiences. Many said they were dating boys. Nobody asked them why, so yeah, the reason for that could be societal expectations. (Of course, there's no law that says hetero or bi girls can't enjoy yuri, so perhaps they simply were that way...)

If I remember correctly, there was this survey of Dynasty Reader a few years ago, well before I even knew this site existed, and in that survey there was something about the demographics of the site and which works are most popular within a demographic, and what do people like most about yuri manga. I remember that there were 5 demographics. These were (in decreasing order of size): non-straight female, straight male, non-straight male, trans/non-binary, straight female.
So, yeah, not only are there straight girls who read yuri manga, but there are even a few on this site.

Ouch. It's true and it hurts. :-(

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

More importantly, THIS CLIFFHANGER IS KILLING ME!

Indeed. Of all the chapters to finish catching up on, this one is the worst possible! If only the scanlators were a little slower so we could've caught up on 35 and not this devilish cliffhanger.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Indeed. Of all the chapters to finish catching up on, this one is the worst possible! If only the scanlators were a little slower so we could've caught up on 35 and not this devilish cliffhanger.

Hino's neglect play is too strong.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

We’re on a path that forks three different ways:

1) Hino passes, and the series continues as before. (This doesn’t preclude “development,” of course, but the basic structure of the two MCs being together at school needs no alteration.)

2) Hino fails, the principals no longer have any reason to encounter one another, and the series ends. The Joke Of Doom From Hell tells us this is not likely to be the case.

3) Hino fails, but Koguma and Hino find some way to stay connected to one another, inside or (more likely) outside of school. In some ways, this has the most possibility for “progress” since in order to stay together they each would need to be more forthright about their feelings. It would also entail more private opportunities to suck on sweet buns.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

After the exam, Koguma reveals she is from Sugondese to Hino

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The truth is that Hino-san is actually a secret government test subject who cannot be expelled from school no matter how much she fails.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

How can she fail if she got 80~90 on the tests while practicing with Koguma?

I think she's just too shocked at what to do about the Kogu-boobs.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

The extra made me reread chapter 10, and i forgot how great that chapter was. So glad i did

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Thank you very muscle for this chapter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.