Forum › Salad Bowl discussion

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

3 Useless Lesbians and a Baby. Which one's Ted Danson?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Wait, are they actual Roma living in the actual 20s, or is this some random setting that uses "gypsy" to mean "nomad"?

Anyway, it has some interesting bits, but between the speed it moves at and some iffy composition I'm finding it somewhat hard to follow at times. Probably give it another chapter to see if it improves, but it's not something I'll be looking forward to

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

The baby

joined Feb 19, 2011

I like the expressions just going off the wall~

joined Jul 4, 2018

‘I wanna make an action-historical manga that’s absolutely off the wall!
‘And I’ll name it something just as off like Salad Bowl! Yeah, that’s the stuff’

I really do enjoy the works of artists. Too bad I can only imagine their thought-process.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

From the looks of that sauna it's powered by a talking sentient lesbian fire in the heating unit.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I'm going to have to read this again when I'm not sleepy and can focus on everything that's going on in these panels

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Adventure Comedy Yuri

TAKE MY MOTHERFUCKING MONEY

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Ah, it's been a while since there's been some proper ADVENTURE yuri goodness translated! I'm digging the artstyle, too.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Since when is Gypsy a slur ? It's like saying "french" is a slur ô.o

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

‘I wanna make an action-historical manga that’s absolutely off the wall!
‘And I’ll name it something just as off like Salad Bowl! Yeah, that’s the stuff’

I really do enjoy the works of artists. Too bad I can only imagine their thought-process.

Throwing darts at a wall covered in random english words is a time-honored tradition. Take Metal Gear, for instance.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I got a magicless Howls moving castle type feel from this one, I like that. Pretty hectic start! But it looks to be going somewhere for sure! Looking forward to more chapters
(◕‿◕✿)

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Spanner? Did we some how go back to being a british colony, when I wasn't looking?

Savage%20juno-min
joined Oct 17, 2017

Since when is Gypsy a slur ? It's like saying "french" is a slur ô.o

It's considered a slur as it was a name given to the romani due to some persistent rumors and ideas that they came from Egypt.
The universally accepted term is roma, romani or romani people.
There's half a dozen regional names for the romani, and it is entirely context dependent whether any individual considers them a slur, the proper name for their ethnic group (some do not like 'romani') or if it's a 'take it back/our word' type deal. Heard all three versions from romani folks.

last edited at Apr 26, 2019 5:06AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

Naw it's more like goldylocks and the three yuri girls.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

the start of one hell of a journey

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

The house is called a Sauna, and the main girl's name is Vihta, which is a Finnish sauna utility (you make it out of birch branches and spank yourself with it). I wonder if its intended or a coincidence?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banny_venik

last edited at Apr 26, 2019 9:21AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 1, pg 6, "Avan just doesn't can't handle" -> "Avan just can't handle"
pg 15, "to cute" -> "too cute"

last edited at Apr 26, 2019 11:08AM

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

DO, the girls in the first page do lewd things? Because one was naked...

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The house is called a Sauna, and the main girl's name is Vihta, which is a Finnish sauna utility

You can't even write "Vihta" in kana, right? In the original it would be something like Bihuta or Biita? I can't help but wonder how a translator can figure out such an esoteric spelling.

last edited at Apr 26, 2019 1:33PM

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

My brain confused

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Mugino posted:

Yeah they had a good night together

joined Jul 20, 2011

... why salad bowl?

Dunno, the two acceptations I know of the term are a nickname of Salinas, California, or a tightly packed bong of weed full to the top and then some.

The act of finishing a salad bowl in a single breath is known as punching a salad.

It’d be a lot easier to invest in if I didn’t have the sneaking suspiscion that the slur is going to remain a casual component of this world’s “lore”.

That's the thing with period pieces. It's a bit as if you read a piece set in 19th century southern USA and get upset because some characters call black people "niggers".

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Wait, are they actual Roma living in the actual 20s, or is this some random setting that uses "gypsy" to mean "nomad"?

Anyway, it has some interesting bits, but between the speed it moves at and some iffy composition I'm finding it somewhat hard to follow at times. Probably give it another chapter to see if it improves, but it's not something I'll be looking forward to

They do seem to face some degree of persecution based on their status, rather than specific acts. That said, they also explicitly left homes, so ...

... why salad bowl?

Dunno, the two acceptations I know of the term are a nickname of Salinas, California,

That's the interpretation I'm betting on. Maybe not that region specifically, but a similar agricultural area in their world. We'll know if we start seeing vineyards, yeah?

last edited at Apr 26, 2019 2:43PM

joined Sep 1, 2017

That my friend was obviously the end of lesbian one night stand.

To reply you must either login or sign up.