Forum › Luminous=Blue discussion

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I'm enjoying the plot and characters so far, but...the pacing... I don't expect it'll change, so I hope I can get used to it.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Definitely a great start. Really enjoy the artwork. And two gals enjoying a popsicle? Yummy....

And totes camera girl with sensei.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 9:57AM

Screenshot_277
joined Aug 31, 2017

nice desu ne

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Is it just me, or was that ending really abrupt, even for the end of a chapter? I actually clicked a few times, expecting another page or two.

Same here. It somehow seemed to lack that usual stinger at the end lol

So was camera girl oblivious to the yuriness or was it only the being exes she was surprised at?

The way she was sweating and swallowing during the shoot seemed to imply otherwise. She must at least have felt the sexual tension.

Why does everyone think that's likely at all? Sensei looks pretty much like a solid side-character.
The one that seems to be set up as the love interest is the lizard girl.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 10:17AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is it just me, or was that ending really abrupt, even for the end of a chapter? I actually clicked a few times, expecting another page or two.

Same here. It somehow seemed to lack that usual stinger at the end lol

So was camera girl oblivious to the yuriness or was it only the being exes she was surprised at?

The way she was sweating and swallowing during the shoot seemed to imply otherwise. She must at least have felt the sexual tension.

Why does everyone think that's likely at all? Sensei looks pretty much like a solid side-character.
The one that seems to be set up as the love interest is the lizard girl.

I'm wondering if the lizard girl has a thing for one of the exes.

Off-model%20ishibashi-san
joined Aug 20, 2018

That teacher is stupidly hot.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Hm, now that you mention it. One wants to be a model, the other wants to be a photographer. That seems like a good set up for some love triangle. Clearly she is not too close to them right now, considering she was unsure about their relationship status. And they weren't club members either. So there must have been some kind of rift between the three of them (maybe the reason for the break-up as well).

I guess that answers my question.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 10:29AM

Off-model%20ishibashi-san
joined Aug 20, 2018

I guess that answers my question.

For what it’s worth, I don’t expect the teacher to hook up with any of the main characters, nor am I particularly interested in the possibility. I just want to see more of her.

joined Jan 26, 2019

I want a more complicate love triangle situation. Senpai falls for camera girl who wants to be involved in the exes's love but feels creepy just watching. Sensei just eats popcorn while watching the drama.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This is a great example of one of those "I like this so far but here's what's going to/should happen" series openings, where Dynasty should generate official betting boards for predicting future developments, with, I dunno, Yuri Points or something (gold lilies, maybe?) to the winners. Odds would change on the individual elements as the chapters come out:

• Any love triangle: 5:2
  • Exes reunite: 2:1
  • Lizard girl + Camera-chan: 3:1
  • Any polyamory ending: 25:1
  • Sensei & Gecko: 500:1

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 4:24PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hm, now that you mention it. One wants to be a model, the other wants to be a photographer. That seems like a good set up for some love triangle. Clearly she is not too close to them right now, considering she was unsure about their relationship status. And they weren't club members either. So there must have been some kind of rift between the three of them (maybe the reason for the break-up as well).

Not to mention, there's her creative slump where she hasn't been shooting. Is that because of the former couple, or maybe something to do with the model of her award-winning photo?

Also, depending on how good the other two were at hiding their relationship, it might be suspicious that the photographer knew about it.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This is a great example of one of those "I like this so far but here's what's going to/should happen" series openings, where Dynasty should generate official betting boards for predicting future developments, with, I dunno, Yuri Points or something (gold lilies, maybe?) to the winners. Odds would change on the individual elements as the chapters come out:

Etc.

I bet 10 Daylilies on Camera girl x Lizard girl and Exes rekindle the flame.

Not to mention, there's her creative slump where she hasn't been shooting. Is that because of the former couple, or maybe something to do with the model of her award-winning photo?

Also, depending on how good the other two were at hiding their relationship, it might be suspicious that the photographer knew about it.

Wasn't her award winning photo the self-portrait (aka fancy selfie)?

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 11:28AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Etc.

I'm loving this xD and you just created my ship: Sensei & Gecko. (well Everyone x Gecko^^)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The chapter doesn't call it a self-portrait though, just that it won a competition. I'm not sure they're the same person, since the one in the photo seems to have lighter, longer and straighter hair than the photographer. It's hard to tell though.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

It took until page 34 to get lewd! But totally worth it.
Plus: Lizard!! And smoking hawt teacher too, a definite keeper series!

Page 43: Winner! Lolz

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The chapter doesn't call it a self-portrait though, just that it won a competition. I'm not sure they're the same person, since the one in the photo seems to have lighter, longer and straighter hair than the photographer. It's hard to tell though.

Right, I just read the chapter again, you are correct. For some reason to me it just looked like it was a photo of her. It was even on a bed, so she could have just put the camera down and used a timer.
Camera girl mentioned that this photo was taken 2 years ago, so maybe senpai's hair was longer back then... ah I'm just reaching here.

Now I'm even more curious.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 11:41AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Wow, I like the detail in Hayama’s hairstyle for some reason, LOL.

I hope Hayama doesn’t turn out to be evil and try to steal one of Tarumizu’s photos to enter it into the contest under her own name though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Right, I just read the chapter again, you are correct. For some reason to me it just looked like it was a photo of her. It was even on a bed, so she could have just put the camera down and used a timer.
Camera girl mentioned that this photo was taken 2 years ago, so maybe senpai's hair was longer back then... ah I'm just reaching here.

Well no, I was thinking of that as a possibility too. Hairstyles change and the waviness of lizard girl's hair could just be styling. They're all pretty trendy girls to one degree or another, except for the main character, so it's entirely possible. One reason why unless the story explicitly reveals that it's a self-portrait we can't really take it for granted either way.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Now I'm even more curious.

Rereading the chapter, I feel like the bed girl might even be Amane, if it’s not Hayama. For one, she kind of looks like the girl in the picture, with about the same length of hair, and secondly, it may explain some of the drama between her and Nene? Seems like Hayama herself isn’t sure when they broke up, but it could’ve even been after the picture was taken.

Finally, kind of a stretch on this one, but Hayama refers to Amane by her name with no honorifics, and uses “-chan” for Nene, so she must be somewhat connected to both of them, but even more so with Amane than Nene.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 12:16PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Rereading the chapter, I feel like the bed girl might even be Amane, if it’s not Hayama. For one, she kind of looks like the girl in the picture, with about the same length of hair, and secondly, it may explain some of the drama between her and Nene? Seems like Hayama herself isn’t sure when they broke up, but it could’ve even been after the picture was taken.

I can't really deny the possibility. It's not like I'm an artist, so I'm only going by my gut feeling, but the eyes, facial structure and hair just don't seem to be Amane's. If it is Amane, then even MC did not recognize her, because she would certainly have asked her why she was a model for her idol.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I'm pretty pumped about the new possibilities with this series
The whole ex girlfriends is a cool new spin on the whole yuri vibe so hopefully it pans out into something meaningful
I'll be rooting for the camera girl x lizard girl as well.

I really enjoyed the authors previous work so hopefully this as good if not better.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Who is Iwami Kiyoko??? How come I never heard of her before???

Someone who writes so well and creates such captivating characters and draws such amazingly beautiful art should be more famous!

(goes check the archive for all other works by her)

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I can't really deny the possibility. It's not like I'm an artist, so I'm only going by my gut feeling, but the eyes, facial structure and hair just don't seem to be Amane's. If it is Amane, then even MC did not recognize her, because she would certainly have asked her why she was a model for her idol.

I mean, all the art things aside, it’s possible that Tarumizu couldn’t recognize her because of the somewhat dark background (I’m no photographer, but I’m assuming it’s gotta be pretty dark in the bedroom if it’s already sunset with no other lighting) and if it is Amane, she isn’t donning her gyaru style at all in the photo, so she might look pretty different. It’s also Tarumizu’s first time seeing Amane in person, so it’s not surprising at all if she didn’t recognize her.

On the flip side, using your same argument, if the girl in the picture was Hayama, wouldn’t she have been able to recognize her to some degree as well? But again, this is the first time Tarumizu’s ever seen any of them, so it’s reasonable enough to expect that she wouldn’t be able to recognize any of them right off the bat.

When I think about it a bit more, Amane’s involvement in a photo shoot seems like it would make for a really big plot point. Maybe Nene felt inferior to Amane for being in a contest winning photo, and that caused a rift in their relationship. Or perhaps Amane looking vulnerable while being on someone else’s bed was the turning point. Adding onto that, it’s possible Amane wasn’t even posing for a photo, but was in a bedroom with Hayama, who just happened to take that photo to capture Amane’s “natural” beauty and submitted it into a contest.

Whatever the reason behind their breakup was, I feel like Hayama had some involvement in it... partly because there has to be some reason why she even exists in the story (keeping her role as president of the ex-photography club into consideration), and partly because of the way she refers to both Amane and Nene (first name basis). She also knew they were dating, but I guess it also depends on how public Amane and Nene were with their relationship. Finally, Hayama also mentioned she was in a slump... Supposedly after that “Sunset Girl” picture, so that struck me as suspicious too.

In any case, I’m curious about how this will all play out. I don’t know why, but Hayama just gives me this “evil” vibe, LOL. Something about her makes me feel like she has ulterior motives. Like how she ominously repeats the word “Together?” when Tarumizu suggests they enter the contest together, or the way she examined Tarumizu’s photo and commented on how good she was. I mean, also the fact that she casually drops the “oh yeah, they’re ex-girlfriends” bomb on Tarumizu in their like, first week of knowing each other, but tbh, that was probably just to move the plot along, lol.

Edit: Oh, more evidence would be that Hayama took the “Sunset Girl” photo two years ago, and because she’s a third year and Tarumizu is at least a second year or below, it would line up with around the time Amane and Nene were still in middle school/possibly about to enter high school as well. This may have been when the breakup happened. Tarumizu also specifically wonders about how Hayama managed to get such a perfect shot too.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 2:36PM

18e
joined Aug 16, 2017

i like this plot and more than that I like senpai lol

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

That popsicle-sharing scene...

I give this manga a

rating.

There wasn't any nudity, or profanity, or violence, but I don't care. The lewdness of that scene was off the scale. It's not for the eyes of children, nope nope.

To reply you must either login or sign up.