Forum › Kaijuu Iro no Shima discussion

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

So when is the next chapter going to be? Cause it looks like things are going to be interesting.

End of june !

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

The bully is holding a gun behind her back!! I repeat! A gun!

Naw, no idea what she is holding :D Seems like it will be th bully item :/ Or maybe I just saw wrong cuz art.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Dardes posted:

The bully is holding a gun behind her back!! I repeat! A gun!

Naw, no idea what she is holding :D Seems like it will be th bully item :/ Or maybe I just saw wrong cuz art.

She just has her hands interlinked behind her back.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

While I'm tired of bullies I'm in love with the two girls.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Oof..city girl is gonna rip them apart :D

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

wait another 3 months!

last edited at Apr 12, 2019 10:29AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Oh noes. The silent bullies turned into aggressive bullies.

Quick, someone call Nikaidou-san! Tell her that, once she's finished killing Kirigaya, there's a job for her here!

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

This isn't "interracial" whoever is calling it that is simply wrong.

You're obviously not aware of this, but the meaning of "race" varies greatly between cultures. Where I'm from, race is strongly related to phenotype. So, my wife and I are from Rio de Janeiro, born and raised. The last three generations of both our families are Brazilian too. My skin is light, hers is dark. Around here we're considered an interracial couple.

Please consider cultural differences before calling people wrong.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

It is rude to bother people while they are eating. Those bullies are up for a beating.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Man I love everything about this but this release schedule is sadistic…

I'm surprised no one comments at how Furuka snubbed that flirting guy. X) I also like how Furuka still has that fuzzy-bubbly expression since the day before…

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

I'm surprised no one comments at how Furuka snubbed that flirting guy.

Furuka's tongue sticking out and Kon's expression are just adorable!
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kaijuu_iro_no_shima_ch03#9
tiny x mouth is just too cute!

I just wanted to add that this manga is just my type! Cute girls, slow pace and actual plot. If one of them grows neko-ears suddenly? I'll really lose it :->

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 1:41PM

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Furuka's freckles mark her as the true priestess of the cave monster, it's so obvious.

Quiescent-Rose
Tumblr_lxr5uv8e8n1qeoztuo1_500
joined Aug 13, 2018

This isn't "interracial" whoever is calling it that is simply wrong.

You're obviously not aware of this, but the meaning of "race" varies greatly between cultures. Where I'm from, race is strongly related to phenotype. So, my wife and I are from Rio de Janeiro, born and raised. The last three generations of both our families are Brazilian too. My skin is light, hers is dark. Around here we're considered an interracial couple.

Please consider cultural differences before calling people wrong.

That would be concerning natural skin color though, wouldn’t it? If you look closely at some of the drawings, including the cover, you can see that she has tan lines under her swimsuit, so her skin tone is most likely similar to the other girls on the island and just tanned from constantly paying outside in the middle of summer on a southern Japanese island.

52baf6c7631980a58e79ae88e1eb93a5
joined Aug 13, 2015

this is good manga give next

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Wow, didn't expect this was Hattori Mitsuru. I thought the art seemed familiar but seeing the name threw me for a loop. I'm more used to his very digital style, like Concerto or Otogi no Machi no Rena. This has the look of pen on paper, whether or not it was done that way.

On the skin color thing, thatismyfetish.jpg, but also I think Japan is odd about this in many ways. Truth be told, Japan is not as monolithic as it seems, and there is a fairly wide range of "Japanese" skin tones. The various regions have strong identities to this day, more so even islands. The main is obviously tanned but I don't think the base assumption is that she's naturally pale either. On a more critical note, it's symbolic of country/city and adult/child (adults in Japan, especially women, usually avoid suntan like it is going to kill them - it's a social no-no). A natural tan with natural hair is as close as I can imagine to the epitome of uncool in Japan.

This is so new that I don't know what to expect, but I am looking forward to seeing where it goes with it in the end.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Yay now we have to wait until July or September for the next chapter

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Oh god. This girl will bully her away. Aaaaaaa. I like this manga. Subscribed.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

That would be concerning natural skin color though, wouldn’t it? If you look closely at some of the drawings, including the cover, you can see that she has tan lines under her swimsuit, so her skin tone is most likely similar to the other girls on the island and just tanned from constantly paying outside in the middle of summer on a southern Japanese island.

That's one way to read it. I perceived it otherwise. Particularly, lighter skinned people tend to get reddish sunburns, and don't tan as easily (you can see that on the cover). Also, even MC's tanlines don't seem that light.

Japanese media don't portay dark skinned people the same way that the West does. That's why Ursula LeGuin questioned Miyazaki's rendition of her Earthsea books. From her point of view, they had whitewashed her characters. Ghibli proceeded to explain that there is a cultural difference in skin representation, and that her characters would be perceived as black by a Japanese audience. Whether or not there was actual whitewashing is up to debate.

And one way or the other, in my country the characters from the cover would still be perceived as an interracial couple, much more often than not.

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 10:21AM

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

I... I heard the pillar men theme on the last panel since the three of them all had distinct poses. Maybe I need to cut back on the Jojo memes.

Love the bullies at the end doing the mean girl version of the pillar men pose

Oh I'm not the only one, thank god

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 12:09PM

joined Apr 6, 2019

I just wanted to add that this manga is just my type!

Me: "Oh yeah, same here!"

Cute girls, slow pace and actual plot.

Me: (nodding) "Yup yup!"

If one of them grows neko-ears suddenly? I'll really lose it :->

Me: "That's ri...... wait, WHAT??"

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I... I heard the pillar men theme on the last panel since the three of them all had distinct poses. Maybe I need to cut back on the Jojo memes.

Love the bullies at the end doing the mean girl version of the pillar men pose

Oh I'm not the only one, thank god

I didn't think of that at all. lol
Someone should make a video of it.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

That's why Ursula LeGuin questioned Miyazaki's rendition of her Earthsea books.

To avoid confusion, let's clarify that that one was by Miyazaki Gorou, not Hayao.

Anyway, I… hadn't noticed the Jojo poses. Maybe that just means I'm not contaminated yet.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Oh yeah, before I forget, I'm like 99% sure the tall blonde girl with a pale complexion and freckles is supposed to be a half at least. So for those of you who care for some reason, it's interracial and it isn't at the same time. Enjoy or loathe at your leisure.

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

Been a while since i read a yuri with some background art. Feelsgoodman

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

An interracial Yuri couple... Judge me as you like, but this hits almost all my fetish buttons.

It’s not interracial. They are both Japanese, but with unusual facial features like freckles and tanned skin. It’s shown with her white feet and her pale mom that she’s just Japanese with really tan skin lol. And no ethnic comments have been made about Freckles either, and her uncle is Japanese so she’s Japanese too.

But I agree with you, it’s really nice to see Japanese girls with various features for once instead of just pale skin.

To reply you must either login or sign up.