Forum › Anime season

joined Mar 6, 2019

Carole & Tuesday - tagged as romance, there are 2 female leads... Hopefully it takes the yuri route, we shall see. Fingers crossed.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

primalyossi posted:

Off topic here but why the hell was something like NTR made into an anime? The story and characters were pretty terrible.

Anyway, I am super happy Bloom Into You is number one. Beats the living heck out of Shitrus anyday.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-04-10/anime-fans-pick-the-most-heart-pounding-yuri-anime/.145570 Actually Citrus won but hey, not in my opinion at least! also... It shouldn't surprise you that something with "ntr" in the title was popular over there.

Oh yes! OPM is not as bad as people thought from the trailer, is actually pretty decent ... Only the Opening and the weird size of Saitama's head from one frame to another bothered me a bit.

I'll give that musical anime a few more weeks before rising my hopes beyond saving, just like I'm waiting in excitement about Euphonium.

Also! someone who knows Japanese and doesn't mind a bit of spoiler of Euphonium LN, would be so kind as to translate what does this means? https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/1115692715772141576

last edited at Apr 11, 2019 3:55PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Gorion posted:

Carole & Tuesday - tagged as romance, there are 2 female leads... Hopefully it takes the yuri route, we shall see. Fingers crossed.

Romance always mean het romance, because that's the default. If it was yuri, it would be tagged as shoujo ai/yuri. So I wouldn't expect anything from it. In fact since it's tagged as romance, there will be het in it.

last edited at Apr 11, 2019 5:27PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Its an anime orginal and the tags are all by fansites, I would not look into it so much.

joined Dec 3, 2018

Actually Citrus won but hey, not in my opinion at least!

In an online poll, not exactly the most scientifically sound method.

If you want to go by disc sales, Bloom into You easily doubled the sales of Citrus.

last edited at Apr 11, 2019 7:51PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Gorion posted:

Romance always mean het romance, because that's the default. If it was yuri, it would be tagged as shoujo ai/yuri. So I wouldn't expect anything from it. In fact since it's tagged as romance, there will be het in it.

As has been noted, it's anime original and the tags don't mean anything. Thus far the leads' relationship has been pretty cutesy and it wouldn't be a huge surprise it ends up romantic. ...Though, given the quality of the first episode's writing, even if we do get yuri it won't be very good

Speaking of original anime that might turn out yuri, Fairy Gone's emotional core looks like it'll be the relationship between two girls

last edited at Apr 12, 2019 4:05AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Doesn't the studio that releases an anime usually also add genre tags in the promotional material? I find it weird that fan sites would just make up a Romance tag on something without source material.

last edited at Apr 12, 2019 3:08AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So I came to check up on whats worth checking out in the new season but having read the last few pages it seems like nothing ? :(

Is there even a nice all girl slice of life anime or anything?

last edited at Apr 12, 2019 8:21PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

elevown posted:

So I came to check up on whats worth checking out in the new season but having read the last few pages it seems like nothing ? :(

Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu is made for the soul

joined Nov 11, 2010

Also! someone who knows Japanese and doesn't mind a bit of spoiler of Euphonium LN, would be so kind as to translate what does this means? https://twitter.com/ultimatemegax/status/1115692715772141576

The non-blurry part says "On this day, Kumiko and Shuuichi stopped being a couple."

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Yeah this season the only good shows are Shounen. Well and I guess Fruits Basket, if you were into that manga.

Oh, but I would also look out for Joshikausei! It's really interesting, because its a "silent" story. No dialogue. The manga had no speech bubbles either. But even so it has yuri subtext. At the very least its unique.

Uh... And for All Girls stuff... there is Strike Witches Season-who-knows-how-many?

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 2:37AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

In probably non-yuri news, I thought the first episode of Fairy Gone wasn't half bad.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I was surprised to find Senryu Girl appears to have at least one girl who is into other girls. I don't think it is likely to blossom into a romance since she isn't the MC, but by the end of the second episode it's quite clear she finds other girls attractive and even hits on one a bit.

In the great yuri desert that is spring 2019 it's the only sign of water I've seen. As far as nice slice of life with mostly female cast there is Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu and Joshi Kausei.

That's pretty much it. The other shows with lots of female characters like We Never Learn: BOKUBEN have harem-ish qualities which I doubt you are looking for.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks for the info - I will check out those few mentioned.

@BugDevil - By strikewitches do you mean that 501 thingy with half length eps and cheap drawing / animation thats just fluff that happens when they are off duty? The first ep is ok for what it is but it certainly cant really be called a new series of strikewitches. Or is there a new proper season im unaware of?

I think strikewitches is actually a good anime- i like all the characters and the world /designs, and the action- and the mild yuri.

The show would be better without all the fan service ofcourse but it just makes me roll my eyes at how juvenile it is lol - and the show has seemed to have less each season too. The fan service doesnt ruin all its other good points - like say ngnl.

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 8:19AM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Million arthur s2 is now getting simulcast.

Has a yuri kiss in the OP, and the protag is a big, dorky, lesbian. Hope we get to see more of her and her fairy.
Its the most yuri show this season, not all hope is lost.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I checked cough anime and noticed the that Strike witches spin off, no idea how I missed it. It should be really gay anytime Eila shows up judging by the op at least...This takes place in S1 so Eila hasn't screamed "I LOVE SANYA" over the radio yet. I don't know how I feel about the art style, it works just fine for what it's trying to be...its just....so...round!

Has a yuri kiss in the OP

Not familiar with the show, but yep it's there! Can confirm. Might give it a shot later from s1

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 8:45AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

@BugDevil - By strikewitches do you mean that 501 thingy

Sure do. Sorry, I only watched the first season and was thoroughly bored of it, so I am not too up to date with this series.

Million arthur s2 is now getting simulcast.

Has a yuri kiss in the OP, and the protag is a big, dorky, lesbian. Hope we get to see more of her and her fairy.
Its the most yuri show this season, not all hope is lost.

Yeah Arthur is pretty gay, but it's a rather weak game series, so I wasn't looking forward to the anime too much.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Sol Falling posted:

The non-blurry part says "On this day, Kumiko and Shuuichi stopped being a couple."

Thank you,that sure opens a lot of paths from that point forward... I wonder what the last movie is going to do, the trailers are really trolling to each side.

Another question, does anyone knows if Pastel Memories has an actual beach episode? or the ending was enough fanservice for the whole show? hehehe

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Did Kakegurui s2 turn out to have yuri? I seem to remember it should.

joined Nov 11, 2010

So I apparently forgot Sarazanmai was previously announced as an Ikuhara show, but it exists and you should watch it. The focus is on BL rather than yuri this time around but that blemish honestly pales in the face of sheer entertainment value; given the yuri drought this season, do yourselves a favour and check it out.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So I apparently forgot Sarazanmai was previously announced as an Ikuhara show, but it exists and you should watch it. The focus is on BL rather than yuri this time around but that blemish honestly pales in the face of sheer entertainment value; given the yuri drought this season, do yourselves a favour and check it out.

It's pretty openly about desires that society disapproves of in general, rather than BL in specific. Not that I don't expect male homosexuality to show up (looking at you, Enta). But, yes, it's easily the best anime currently airing

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

elevown posted:

Did Kakegurui s2 turn out to have yuri? I seem to remember it should.

I was told that's ep09 and 10

Also, people should watch ep05 of Million Arthur s1 just for the cultural value

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

All that recent "subtext" talk reminded me of 4th episode of Shigofumi, which revolves around lesbian couple. The series has a plot, but early episodes are pretty much standalone so you can watch them without understanding everything. And sure, they're not confirmed to be a couple, but I dare you to try seeing them as just friends after watching it.

Also it's a perfect example of what I mean by subtext so blatant, you don't need a in-show confirmation to get it.

last edited at Apr 14, 2019 12:30PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

4th episode of Shigofumi, which revolves around lesbian couple

Oh, that's a throwback. I remember being surprised by the yuri episode back when it aired. It's funny though, in my memories the girls were confirmed to be a couple. Weird how the brain plays tricks on you. Just goes to show how close to explicit their relationship was. In any case, Shigofumi was a pretty good show.

In case anyone was wondering, the girls' baseball anime Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine doesn't appear to have the self-insert from the game. There is a female teacher who helps the girls with some things, so without knowledge of the source material it feels like she may have replaced the game's protagonist. Other than her, the girls are on their own.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I saw Liz to Aoi Tori (euphonium spin off movie) it was very wholesome, I liked how they didn't push the drama to the limits and with such a "shy" protagonist the risk of making it boring was high but I was pleased with the story... Although, there were one or two too long scenes that didn't even work as symbolism imo... My favorite part apart from the last performance was the flashback from Nozomi's where she approached Mizore for the first time and you can see her hands shaking but her eyes are filled with joy too... as for the yuri, yeah it was VERY VERY clear on that, no way you would see them as friend by the end, there was even one scene in mute at the very end where I think Nozomi said some more pretty things X))) and you just know it wasn't about ice cream haha.

Damn I even liked the kouhai, Ririka, she was cuuuute!! anyway, maybe not as great as the Non Non Biyori movie for me but it was a great story of love... ah! of course that didn't made me feel less wary of the original series, I won't watch s2 or the other movies until I know for sure they aren't using our feelings to sell merch.

Glad to know there ins't a "Trainer" in cinderella! hmmm I think the one about horse girls would've been a complete success without that guy.

last edited at Apr 17, 2019 9:09AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.