Forum › Anime season

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

TB posted:

4th episode of Shigofumi, which revolves around lesbian couple

Oh, that's a throwback. I remember being surprised by the yuri episode back when it aired. It's funny though, in my memories the girls were confirmed to be a couple. Weird how the brain plays tricks on you. Just goes to show how close to explicit their relationship was. In any case, Shigofumi was a pretty good show.

Yea. I didn't watch it when it aired, but I watched it few years after. It was really good series, so I'm reminded off it every now and then. And yea, they never stated it, but they're presented as blatant couple, so I don't blame you for being sure they did. They're pretty much framed the same way any het couple would be, so it really leaves no doubt they're dating. I'm convinced that even people who hate subtext and need confirmation, wouldn't question it. I mean, after seeing their first scene alone, I'm always blown away how they went all out to present it as romantic as possible.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

AiFriends rant incoming: Seriously, whoever on the writing department(and who's obviously a furry) thinks these bestiality jokes are funny or cute needs to get fired and visit a psychiatric. I didn't care for it the first time, since it was so small in a throwaway episode, but this has gone too far. It's like they are trying to downplay Mio's gayness by saying she's legitimately attracted to fucking penguin.
Why?! They build up such a beautiful relationship with Aine and why? just plot? bait? To make me angry when they ignore it later?! This shit is not cute, it's cringy as fuck. I can't even praise the good stuff right now. This I mention I'm angry as fuck because of the equivalent on a Family Guy cutaway gag? Yes, I fucking hate it that much.

TL;DR: it seems Japan finds bestiality jokes more acceptable than yuri jokes in kids shows?

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

This season has been a rough one. I've kind of given up on looking for yuri, but are there any other hidden gems in other genres this season. I tend to like mature scifi, fantasy and iyashikei series, but there doesn't seem to be any stand out series in these genre either at the moment.

joined Apr 24, 2019

Girls turn into zombies and make an idol unit... Japan please, no more.

Also I'm worried that no streaming service has took Uchi no maid ga Usazugiru ... VERY VERY WORRIED :(

last edited at Apr 24, 2019 9:54AM by Nezchan

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

UzaMaid! is on Crunchyroll, the OVA just got added, too.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Just watched Liz and the Blue Bird too. And I feel myself not worthy to watch it.

Such a beautiful, delicate thing. I should clear all my works one day, make some nice tea, buy some fancy sweets and rewatch it again

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I TOTALLY didn't expect that LGBT representation in Carole and Tuesday. it was a nice little add. Gus's ex wife was such a damn good character.

is this what I think it is?
for those who didn't notice, I believe this is a reference to the old-but-gold gay song All The Things She Said by t.A.T.u this show is a gold mine of references and that adds to it's charm.

Because of Tuesday's comments on the anime official instagram website about how she calls Roddy cute in every pic of him, I'm worried they might be foreshadowing them becoming a couple. it might not be in a romantic sense the way she's calling him cute, since she didn't give a single fuck about him in the anime and just found him to be a funny guy, and based on her dialogue it seems that she's into cool people. I think that his character is played for laughs but who knows he might get a huge development between him and Tuesday. hopefully not tho.. and suprisingly, it's not because I want yuri to happen between the main lead. for real tho, they didn't give ANY yuri hints between Carole and Tuesday, they just seem to be your typical goofy best buds, and because of that, I'm hesitated to ship them together.

last edited at May 2, 2019 8:04PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Speaking of original anime that might turn out yuri, Fairy Gone's emotional core looks like it'll be the relationship between two girls

But then PA works lost control of the edge and the show is even worse than expected? Judging from the lack of replies and the MAL score.

I'm still enjoying it, but it's not exactly blowing my mind so far. And it's two-cour, so it has plenty of time to fall apart. I'd call it competent I guess?
I plan to keep watching until they start pushing the romance angle between the two leads because [snore]. Definitely not expecting anything yuri to happen at this point.

In other news, Strike Witches finally remembered Yoshika's love for boobs. Shame the main entries completely erased that side of her character.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/LiveChart_me/status/1125598494448766977

First yuri LN turned into an anime? Are our dreams becoming reality or do we live in a fanta-sea.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Oh Adachi and Shimamura got greenlit? Noice.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

https://twitter.com/LiveChart_me/status/1125598494448766977

First yuri LN turned into an anime? Are our dreams becoming reality or do we live in a fanta-sea.

Nah, Strawberry Panic started as LNs. And so did MariMite, if that counts as yuri

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA
WRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA MUDAMUDA
mudamudamudamuda
Oh feck! I wish it was a little longer.

And SoL Witches has been pretty gay after all. We on S2 now.

joined Jan 1, 2014

Fairy tail got really interesting suddenly.

last edited at Jun 2, 2019 8:53AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Don't get baited!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

That's just the scene where one of villains makes everyone super hungry.
Now if this had happened during the scene where he made everyone superhorny, that would be something else...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Didn't Fairy Tail end?

joined Jan 1, 2014

That's just the scene where one of villains makes everyone super hungry.
Now if this had happened during the scene where he made everyone superhorny, that would be something else...

Thats killing bites territory, you don't tread on Killing bites territory.

Didn't Fairy Tail end?

The manga yeah, anime is nearly over too.

Still nothing yuri about it, before anybody gets the wrong idea. Just some 'minor' fanservice.

last edited at Jun 2, 2019 10:12AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Still nothing yuri about it, before anybody gets the wrong idea. Just some 'minor' fanservice.

They did tease Wendy and the godslayer girl sometimes, but yeah, nobody expected actual yuri.

last edited at Jun 2, 2019 10:17AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, next season:

Granbelm: Cute girls piloting giant robots. From the promotional materials it looks like it'll be leaning into the yuri a bit. Also, it's gorgeous

Machikado Mazoku: Ye olde Kirara adaption

Re:Stage! Dream Days: Another low-rent idol show advertising a mobage. I think this one is aimed at lolicons. Probably going to have some yuri, but probably won't be good

Symphogear XV: Symphogear in general is pretty gay, and it looks like HibiMiku is going to get emphasized this time around...

Are You Lost?: Cute girls on a deserted island. Emphasis is on wilderness survival, but a couple of the girls fairly explicitly have feelings for each other. It's shorts, though

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Are you Lost? is a short series? ahm, well I might as well just jump to the manga right away haha, well, I could watch the first episode just for to get a vibe of the characters in general... But I was very interested, if it's less than 10 minutes then not very much anymore.

For the people who want to check https://anichart.net/Summer-2019

Dr. Stone: I stopped reading the manga to enjoy the anime better.

Vinland Saga: Looks cool, with only enough CGI as Berserk should've been.

Dumbbell: I might watch it for impure reasons.

There's a lot of fantasy and I love that but I'll avoid the isekais which leaves me with pretty little.

Joshikakousei: If you liked Nichijou(the boys) or Azumanga Daioh you'll probably like this ?

Given: Might be good?

I'll also watch the Kirara and Granbelm of course but Symphogear... is hard for me.
I C̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶S̶A̶O̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶M̶H̶A̶

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Are you Lost? is a short series? ahm, well I might as well just jump to the manga right away haha, well, I could watch the first episode just for to get a vibe of the characters in general... But I was very interested, if it's less than 10 minutes then not very much anymore.

It's half-length. ...Which still means that the translated manga covers the entirety of what's likely to be in the anime

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Ah... I can't believe Jojo is gonna end. What am I gonna do without my one constant across all seasons?
Part 6 better come out quickly. More yuri shipping potential anyway.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

BugDevil posted:

Ah... I can't believe Jojo is gonna end. What am I gonna do without my one constant across all seasons?

JoJo Part 6 confirmed with more yuri shipping potential!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

BugDevil posted:

JoJo Part 6 confirmed with more yuri shipping potential!

That was quick! Diavolo hasn't even been deus ex machina'd yet!
Can't wait for FF to be animated. Best girl/plankton. Now that's a yuri ship anyone can get behind (probably).

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

What? Screw that! They need to animate Fugo's Bizarre adventure first, then we can talk about FF-I mean Jolyne.

As for next season, prolly only Symphogay until I finish Revue Starlight...someday...soon...ish....

To reply you must either login or sign up.