Forum › Anime season

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

The gayest thing this season was Giorno healing Mista.

And the gayest thing next season will be Giorno guiding Mista's hips to help him shoot.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

BugDevil posted:

I wouldn't say the spring season is dreary. There are a lot of good shows coming out. I mean, we all have more than one genre we care about, right? lol

No!!! ONLY YURI

Nah I mean, I like fantasy world anime but sadly, right now most of them tend to be crappy harem isekais ... and I love slice of life without romance too

last edited at Apr 4, 2019 9:54PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

BugDevil posted:

I wouldn't say the spring season is dreary. There are a lot of good shows coming out. I mean, we all have more than one genre we care about, right? lol

No!!! ONLY YURI

Nah I mean, I like fantasy world anime but sadly, right now most of them tend to be crappy harem isekais ... and I love slice of life without romance too

Yeah I'd like the Isekai boom to die. The harem genre just moved over to more profitable lands, it's not even Isekai's fault tbh. High-school harems are just not hip anymore. Sadly the harem is like a hydra, cut off one head, two new will grow.

There is some chill slice-of-life every season as far as I can tell.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Okay, yuri in stuff I watched:

Asuka: Entire cast is lesbian perverts. You're better off reading the manga then watching the anime, though (or doing neither if you don't like trash)

There is already a severe lack of fics for that series, it won't help the case if you call it trash.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

BugDevil posted:

No!!! ONLY YURI

Yeah I'd like the Isekai boom to die. The harem genre just moved over to more profitable lands, it's not even Isekai's fault tbh. High-school harems are just not hip anymore. Sadly the harem is like a hydra, cut off one head, two new will grow.

Then what we need is an ISEKAI YURI HAREM.

The story about a raging lesbian enter a fantasy world where homosexuality is still a major taboo, on the quest to convert every cat girl, elf, princess and loli pixie into gay mess....

Through the power of lewl handholding!!

last edited at Apr 6, 2019 9:42AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

High-school harems are just not hip anymore. Sadly the harem is like a hydra, cut off one head, two new will grow.

The story about a raging lesbian enter a fantasy world where homosexuality is still a major taboo, on the quest to convert every cat girl, elf, princess and loli pixie into gay mess....

I don't really like harems of any kind, even if they are yuri.
But gosh darn it, if it means something new for the genre, I'll even watch a freaking Isekai Yuri harem anime!!

last edited at Apr 6, 2019 12:44PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I can think of a manga like that, a wizard isekai who defeated slimes for 300 years and became OP but the one character who pushes the yuri is too intense so the whole romance chance is just a joke T-T there are other girls around but is mostly just fooling around, not sure about the novel tho

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

It’s kind of depressing that so, so many of the Isekai genre to come out in recent years is just the typical fantasy harem romcom. Like, the idea of an out-and-proud lesbian getting transported to some sort of homophobic world definitely has potential, but making it a harem immediately puts me on edge.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Play Sakura MMO and Sakura MMO 2. The main character gets transported to a game world, and she gets three girls in her harem.
While they are H-Games, they are pretty cute (although they do have bad scenes too, i.e. rape). I especially love all the endings of the second one. It will probably have a third one (since the story isn't finished).
Not exactly what you described, but I still like it.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Like, the idea of an out-and-proud lesbian getting transported to some sort of homophobic world definitely has potential

Transported? All she needs to do is step outside the door. lol

last edited at Apr 6, 2019 1:23PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Like, the idea of an out-and-proud lesbian getting transported to some sort of homophobic world definitely has potential

Transported? All she needs to do is step outside the door. lol

Well, fantasy world then :V

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Doesn't sound too different from the Western LGBT fantasy novels then, though. They tend to be pretty grim.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I'd just be happy if there were more fantasy stories with a female protagonist period. Straight or otherwise.
And preferably one without the copout of an all-female cast or being stupidly overpowered.

I know, don't reach for the stars and stuff.

last edited at Apr 6, 2019 2:22PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

BugDevil posted:

I'd just be happy if there were more fantasy stories with a female protagonist period. Straight or otherwise.
And preferably one without the copout of a an all-female cast or being stupidly overpowered.

Destruction Flag Otome/Bakarina

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

BugDevil posted:

And preferably one without the copout of a an all-female cast or being stupidly overpowered.

Destruction Flag Otome/Bakarina

I can say that I've seen it happen more often in Web Novels and the like recently, which is great.
But it doesn't really hit the mainstream. And that's the niche mainstream of manga/anime/LNs...

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

It’s kind of depressing that so, so many of the Isekai genre to come out in recent years is just the typical fantasy harem romcom. Like, the idea of an out-and-proud lesbian getting transported to some sort of homophobic world definitely has potential, but making it a harem immediately puts me on edge.

It had to be harem (or reversed harem) unfortunately, cause you can put a range of characters in to attract a wider range of preferences from audiences.

Financially it just makes sense, considering the majority of income from anime producers are from merchandise rather than DVD sale. More female (or male) leads, more products to sell

last edited at Apr 6, 2019 10:15PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

BugDevil posted:

No!!! ONLY YURI

Harrasing thief girl is a yuri Isekia[LN], although its not exactly taboo in that world.
Doubt we'll ever see a yuri isekia anime tho[ ;_; ]

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

There's a bunch of yuri isekai. But I can't say I can think of many I'd really recommend. I Favor the Villainess isn't too bad though; it's not harem and it takes homosexuality mostly seriously. It's even translated, although it's just an edited machine translation (and that shows, but, well, it's readable).

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

There's a bunch of yuri isekai. But I can't say I can think of many I'd really recommend. I Favor the Villainess isn't too bad though; it's not harem and it takes homosexuality mostly seriously. It's even translated, although it's just an edited machine translation (and that shows, but, well, it's readable).

I wonder if getting sucked into an Otome game counts as Isekai... The definition is rather broad though.

last edited at Apr 7, 2019 8:51AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

I wonder if getting sucked into an Otome game counts as Isekai... The definition is rather broad though.

People consider stories like SAO as isekai so I'd say it counts just fine. Also there is manga adaptation of Villainess.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Flip Flappers is technically an isekai too

last edited at Apr 7, 2019 9:08AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

To my understanding Isekai only works if the protagonist is from our world or at least a version or Earth similar to ours. If you go from one fantasy world into another it doesn't count etc.
That's about the only parameter I know of though.

With broad definitions like that Inuyasha was Isekai. As was Digimon.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yeah, I've recently checked the 12 Kingdoms wiki entry and these days it boasts an "isekai" tag. So all those old style portal fantasies - Escaflowne and whatnot - presumably should count too, these days.

Also, just to be clear, the heroine in Villainess doesn't end up in the game as such. She ends up in a "real" world that's like the game.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Also, just to be clear, the heroine in Villainess doesn't end up in the game as such. She ends up in a "real" world that's like the game.

My initial reaction was "That's basically the same thing", but upon further contemplations I realize it's not. Making it a real world takes away the issues of "programming" and "scripts". So people can actually change and alter their predetermined path.Guess that was the right move.

last edited at Apr 8, 2019 3:34AM

joined Mar 12, 2019

Off topic here but why the hell was something like NTR made into an anime? The story and characters were pretty terrible.

Anyway, I am super happy Bloom Into You is number one. Beats the living heck out of Shitrus anyday.

To reply you must either login or sign up.