Forum › Still Sick discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

SimObrigada posted:

This made the drama from the chapter before a lot more lighthearted. I liked it.

Also, what she said about drawing and practice really touched me. Observe your environment, you can learn from the most boring of situations, you're drawing living things. I can read the love for drawing in those words. :')

Lol, I was about to criticize that dialogue, but seeing that someone liked it ended up changing my mind (guess it works, then).

I mean, is true! the little things make a huge difference and you need to learn them from other people to make your own character feel real, also, I also agree with the part of trying yourself instead of relying on one magical perfect advice

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

I didn't see this coming. I like this kind of surprise.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

re: arandommangareader

"ah, uh, shit it's actually you" lmao this glasses dork is just simply incredible.
So good, it's so good to see a character who opens her mouth and talks to deal with things that are bothering her. Unlike tons of other mangas where characters stay quiet to create absurd drama.

Truly.

This narrative is really haphazard. For me, it is teetering on the edge of intriguing and "what the ...?".

last edited at Feb 18, 2019 6:26PM

Saho1b
joined Oct 9, 2017
52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This series is really good

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This is great. Looking like these two are headed to my list of favorite pairs. Such lovely dorkd they be!

Mosupeaceicon
joined Mar 19, 2016

Early chapters of this manga's beta-version were published on Pixiv under the title "MANGA SICK", so I think the "Sick" in the title definitely refers to Maekawa's creative burnout. Later chapters were then called "Still Sick" -- probably to show that they were a continuation. I guess "Still Sick" just seemed like the better name to use for the officially serialized version.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Just found out about this. This manga explains perfectly well how us fanboys, or at least me feel like whenever we look for hints on any anime whatsoever.
Too bad I can't draw shiet.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I didn't come here to get attacked!!!

I really love this manga for the small things with the comedy and their reactions, they're so cute and vivid! and you can relate a lot to them, not just if you're drawing, but with work or how they deal with stuff.

last edited at Apr 7, 2019 11:38PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Yep, I'm still down with the sickness.

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

Shit, that dude is an actual nice guy. How rare to see one in yuri.

joined May 20, 2013

Isn't that an empty bubble in the 3rd panel of page 13 (chapter 6)?

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

This manga is too real. The struggle to do art is too real.

I once wanted to be a professional musician. I went to college for it, actually, but burned out in my 4th semester. Went and did other things but I keep coming back to music, usually I'll get kinda serious for a bit and then circumstances or whatever will happen and I'll stop, then I'll pick it up again... I honestly think my life is a giant waste, that I should have been a musician, but I also know rationally that I would have struggled and probably been poor and probably still have washed out. Well, now I'm back in the cycle of playing, took up piano which I never got any good at in school (I only learned a little bit back in the day).

I struggle a lot with it. I greatly enjoy making music, but it's an obsession sometimes and not always fun. I WANT to be really good, I know how to get there to an extent. Rationally I know there are millions of better musicians, but sometimes I just kinda wish I could be a musician, even if it meant scraping by giving lessons and making less than I do now. I can't justify doing it as more than a hobby but it makes me very frustrated sometimes.

Shimizu has no clue. She draws purely for fun, but isn't trying to "git gud" as they say - she wants to be better, but doesn't want to be a pro. This means she can't make the "god level" drawings she loves, but it also means she isn't falling over on the floor after 48 hours of drawing. I kinda admire how she can just work at her job and have a hobby on the side without getting too obsessive. I can see a bit of where Maekawa is at, enough to know that it can just twist you up inside.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Woah. This was.. it got dark at one point but... Well... They are a ship I would go down with. Mmm.

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

When you're so tired you start speaking gibberish squiggle heiroglyph language.

joined Apr 6, 2019

I like where this is going. Yeah, really enjoying it so far. Mangaka x mangaka is preciously rare, and when it happens it's usually a gem. I approve enthusiastically of this!

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Hmmmm

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 6, pg 13 error was fixed

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Such depth, I love it.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This manga... is really good.

We're at chapter 6 already, and still no hints of yuri -- except in Shimizu's doujinshi. We're still at the "psychological development of the characters" stage. Shimizu and Maekawa are getting closer little by little, but that could very well be friendly bonding between two loners with secrets...

Only thing, there are little details here and there that say otherwise. Like Shimizu's story about her attempt to fit in at college by dating a guy, and how poorly it ended; and how she decided after that to start living her life for herself, never mind what other people think. That sounds exactly like the tale of a gay woman coming out. And then, Maekawa's reply -- basically saying that Shimizu is a better adult than herself because she, Maekawa, has spent all her life trying to please the crowd and actually is still doing it today. What an unexpected sudden confession! That surely was about work... or was it??? Lots of ambiguity here.

This is some great narrative work and deep character exploring. I'm SO following this manga to the final conclusion.

last edited at Apr 13, 2019 1:12AM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Oh HELL yes!!!

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yay, kissing!

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

What does her "kidding" mean? I don't get it, after that serious conversation, she kisses her then just says "kidding" even though she knows shimizu is into girl?
I know kissing is cool and all but man, them crocs. There are hundred kinds of shoes and she goes with the most cancerous one, smh.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Bamivina posted:

What does her "kidding" mean? I don't get it, after that serious conversation, she kisses her then just says "kidding" even though she knows shimizu is into girl?

I think she thought Shimizu was only interested in 2D and doesn't cares about love, so she kiss her (probably because she likes her at this point romantically) but then throws the "kidding" right after so Shimizu wouldn't think much of it or take responsibility

Lol
joined Jan 2, 2018

AHHHHH!!! omg finally, I'm crying from joyy ;v;

To reply you must either login or sign up.