Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

@shadesofgreymoon
Really appreciate it. If you see any further mistakes you want to point out, then please do and I'll fix them for when the next chapter is released. You can also email them to me at sneikkimies@gmail.com if you'd prefer that to commenting here.

@EvilDevil
Thank you as well.

I'll go through the entirety of it tomorrow and mark down what I find and send it to you. And as I mentioned before, I'm always happy to help QC in the future if you'd like. :)

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

I like this style a lot. Where can I find more?

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

reAdiNG???? oN a mANGa weBsiTe???? RRREEEEEEEE E EEEEE EE EEEE EE E EEEE EEEE E EE

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

Thanks so much for translating this!

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

^I spent most of this past October in Portland, Oregon and their local chain Powell's (the downtown location) had one. Actually, they had a LGBTQ section for novels and then by the manga section they had a little yuri/yaoi subsection. Granted the yuri books were up sorta high, and I'm too short and didn't want to grab a ladder, but still.
Also... yeah, only officially licensed stuff. I promise the sarcasm was not lost on me, just being informative.

Thanks for translating yuri light novels, people doing it!

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

If I want a physical book in English, I either have to pray that one of the big local book vendors have it on stock, which most of the time they don't. Amazon ships the cheapest here and even with them it costs at least as much as the item itself.

I highly recommend Book Depository for physical books in english. It has worldwide free shipping.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Blessed.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

That's fair. And I'm jealous. I live in a pretty conservative European country, which also happens to be one where most books aren't published in English. If I want a physical book in English, I either have to pray that one of the big local book vendors have it on stock, which most of the time they don't. Amazon ships the cheapest here and even with them it costs at least as much as the item itself. So ebooks make the most sense, but Amazon overprices even those, so then I'd use something like Kobo, but their selection is a lot more limited.

The fact that the last time I bought a book online (it was We Are Okay by Nina LaCour) was last summer probably illustrates my situation. I've been aching for the official Bloom into You volumes since last year as well, and I still haven't been able to afford them. This is getting really off-topic though, so I'll just stop here.

So yeah, back to the topic, I'm also really grateful to those who are translating this light novel.

It really pisses me off how much ebooks cost. There is no physical product and thus there is a fraction of the overhead to e-publish vs actually printing a book yet they charge like 80% of the price of an actual book. It's for this reason that I always buy physical copies which kills trees and it burns fuel, time and money to ship them. There is just so more more value in having a real copy that you can resell, give away or lend to others when they are priced so similarly. They really need cut the prices on ebooks by like half to make them a fairer bargain.

It would be one thing if that massive profit margin on ebooks was going to the creators but its not. It's the publisher that takes most of it and they are barely doing anything for it.

I'm sorry you live somewhere that has such awful shipping prices.

last edited at Apr 7, 2019 6:07PM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Reading a PNG? What is this, some weird chemtrail-tier paranoid conspiracy document on imgur??

joined Jul 19, 2018

Reading a PNG? What is this, some weird chemtrail-tier paranoid conspiracy document on imgur??

"Never doubt the worm."

joined Sep 28, 2018

I don't get these reactions to "reading" unless it's some kind of joke that I'm too old to understand.
Besides, you can go read the AdaShima manga and see how much of Shimamura's inner monologue (which is pretty important to understanding how she relates to others) got cut out.

joined Jul 19, 2018

I don't get these reactions to "reading" unless it's some kind of joke that I'm too old to understand.
Besides, you can go read the AdaShima manga and see how much of Shimamura's inner monologue (which is pretty important to understanding how she relates to others) got cut out.

Many young folk are apparently highly allergic to reading more than a few sentences at a time so every time somebody uploads a light novel on here there is a parade of people angrily screeching about it. It's gotten to the point where it's so ubiquitous that it's become something of a joke and thus somebody literally made a joke about it in the first post which others are now chiming in on.

Anyway, hooray for however translated and posted this. It is appreciated.

Shipping Account
Fb_img_1534347820826
joined Oct 2, 2018

No damn it i need to know more
I need answer :'l

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Oh, that's why it's tagged yuri

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

pg 97, "Adachi of Monday" -> "Adachi on Monday"?
pg 118, "grocery stories" -> "grocery stores"
pg 129, "Your fingers swell wonderfully sweet" -> "smell"
pg 134, "person from the fture" -> "future"

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

Next. NEXT. Where's my next page? Next...

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I've been delaying reading this because whenever I remembered the novel version I was in college, but today I really had nothing to do and finally read it. This is really nice for now.
Also, is that just me or are the novel chapters being released only after the equivalent manga chapters?

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Its here?! Woo! Now I just need to actually find time to dive in!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Also, is that just me or are the novel chapters being released only after the equivalent manga chapters?

I think that's mostly just because the same people are releasing both and the novel chapters take a lot more translation work, but I could be wrong.

joined May 30, 2015

i'm reading both the novel and manga; so cuteeee

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

what is going on

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

@sneikkimies
Not really a big problem, but your file names look as if they'd include only the latest chapter. Might want to label the next one v1c1-4 instead of just v1c4 to avoid confusion.

As for the chapter itself... Dear god, even more so than the manga managed to show, Adachi is so gay for Shimamura, her denial starts crumbling already before she finishes arguing it to herself... :D

last edited at Apr 18, 2019 7:19AM

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

adachi... :cry

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

As for the chapter itself... Dear god, even more so than the manga managed to show, Adachi is so gay for Shimamura, her denial starts crumbling already before she finishes arguing it to herself... :D

I know, right? XD It's pretty hilarious. As I was reading through it the first time I thought to myself "Okay, Shimamura is a total tsun about her attraction to Adachi, but Adachi has moved so way beyond tsun territory with her denial that she's gonna crack under the pressure and explode into rainbows if she's not careful ".

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I know, right? XD It's pretty hilarious. As I was reading through it the first time I thought to myself "Okay, Shimamura is a total tsun about her attraction to Adachi, but Adachi has moved so way beyond tsun territory with her denial that she's gonna crack under the pressure and explode into rainbows if she's not careful ".

And almost did at the end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.