Forum › Working Adults Yuri discussion

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Why is it all the working woman's fault? The whole "If my partner really loves me, they would know how I feel" thing has destroyed many relationships. Love doesn't give you magic empathic powers. If her girlfriend felt lonely, she should have said so. So I think there is plenty of blame to go around.
It's a real shame, It looks like there was real love between them.

Yes, it sure looks like 'passive girlfriend' is a wet towel who just sits there silently and 'takes it' for good or bad. She should really speak up if she's unhappy, that's what adult couples do!
Too bad working girl is falling into the gender stereotype (man work! man good!) and seems to have lost sight of what's important... but she's in it for the long haul: a lifetime of happiness not just a few months and then flat broke :/ Some balance is in order, but it takes 2.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Why is it all the working woman's fault? The whole "If my partner really loves me, they would know how I feel" thing has destroyed many relationships. Love doesn't give you magic empathic powers. If her girlfriend felt lonely, she should have said so. So I think there is plenty of blame to go around.

Yes, it sure looks like 'passive girlfriend' is a wet towel who just sits there silently and 'takes it' for good or bad. She should really speak up if she's unhappy, that's what adult couples do!
Too bad working girl is falling into the gender stereotype (man work! man good!) and seems to have lost sight of what's important... but she's in it for the long haul: a lifetime of happiness not just a few months and then flat broke :/ Some balance is in order, but it takes 2.

it's just the bi thing .
myb she ain't even lez to begin with

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Kek, okay.

joined Mar 15, 2019

Dude wtf is happening with yuri drill 2

Fundrips_bb
joined Jul 20, 2013

Girl, bye!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I'm not surprised. This was an Amano Shuninta manga after all.

I always see a comment similar to this, but the fact is their works are full of fluffy happy endings with couple of downers in the mix if you go through them, at least as far as the selection here on Dynasty is concerned. Did everyone just read 'The Feelings We All Must Endure' and decide every Amano Shuninta story is like that or what?

joined Sep 2, 2018

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS here!
This kind of story is depressing but also great, because it's a good reminder to evaluate your relationships carefully and see things from your partner's perspective. The main character sees what she's doing as "making more money so we can have a more comfortable life," while the girlfriend just sees it as "I promise I'll never let you be lonely... now excuse me while I work late hours every day and take a 2 week business trip during the fireworks festival I promised you we could watch from here."
RIP relationship. Don't let your life turn into a Drama tag.
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS, awaaay!

Edit: Sorry. After rereading TehSlan's (AKA CAPTAIN OBVIOUS) post, I think I got the wrong idea the first time. I think Tehslan is pretty much saying the same thing as me.
There is an important lesson here people! You should always reread a post, a couple of times, before posting a rant against it. You don't want to look like an idiot, arguing the wrong point.

To clarify, you are correct, I don't mean to throw all the blame at the working girl, not at all. In her heart she was helping the relationship, and helping the woman she loved. It's just an issue of the 2nd girl not communicating while the working girl is blinded by love and optimism. It was miscommunication from both sides. I worded my first post a bit poorly, but they BOTH needed to see the other's perspective.

last edited at Mar 15, 2019 1:17AM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

the bi woman missed dicks so she went out to find em ,
the end .

this is why we should never trust bi women lolol

please for the love of god stop slandering bi women. that's not at all what has implied to have happened here and this nonsensical kind of hate is just toxicity at its finest. these kinds of situations can happen in any relationship regardless of orientation.

anyway it was a sad realistic read. it's something that could have been solved with communication but that can be hard for people.

joined Sep 14, 2017

What's with the bi hate? It's gross.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Uh... I actually think that this is a wonderful story.

Rena_home_1
joined Aug 8, 2012

the end .

please for the love of god stop slandering bi women. that's not at all what has implied to have happened here and this nonsensical kind of hate is just toxicity at its finest. these kinds of situations can happen in any relationship regardless of orientation.

anyway it was a sad realistic read. it's something that could have been solved with communication but that can be hard for people.

Yeah, i was wondering why the hate ?

It's called bait and you all fell for it.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

the end .

Yeah, i was wondering why the hate ?

It's called bait and you all fell for it.

bait or not it should be called out and addressed as it's targeted harassment. if there was a report button i'd gladly use it but we don't have one, so drawing attention to it is the best we got.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Oof... i hope there will be more.. like she gets to see some reaction.. but yeah you focus so much on work that you kinda forget to show it to the wifeuu

last edited at Mar 15, 2019 2:57AM

20180801_183554
joined Oct 7, 2017

To be fair, I was wondering why she didn't offer to take her along with her... I mean most companies wouldn't care as long as you paid the extra fees out of your own pocket. And if she was afraid of the company finding out, all she would have to do is tell her supervisor that it was her best friend and they had had plans to hang out together after work during the time the trip was planned... Company knowing your personal business is avoided.

Japanese companies are different and the workplace and business trips are stringently professional. As in, you wear suits and formal attire every day at the office. Even if you say, work at a call center where the customer doesn't see you, you should be wearing formal attire or it reflects extremely poorly on you. So by bringing her SO or "best friend" with her, it ruins her chances at a promotion :c

last edited at Mar 15, 2019 2:58AM

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Wait, that's it? That can't be all of it!

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

What? It's that the end? It's kind of abrupt

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS here!
This kind of story is depressing but also great, because it's a good reminder to evaluate your relationships carefully and see things from your partner's perspective. The main character sees what she's doing as "making more money so we can have a more comfortable life," while the girlfriend just sees it as "I promise I'll never let you be lonely... now excuse me while I work late hours every day and take a 2 week business trip during the fireworks festival I promised you we could watch from here."
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS, awaaay!

Why is it all the working woman's fault? The whole "If my partner really loves me, they would know how I feel" thing has destroyed many relationships. Love doesn't give you magic emphatic powers. If her girlfriend felt lonely, she should have said so. So I think there is plenty of blame to go around.

Totally agree! Yet, I know I am guilty of "Magical Thinking", which is actually the clinical term for thinking your thoughts can effect the actions of others. I try to vocalize my thoughts , but we all hope for someone who knows us so well we don't have to vocalize... but face the facts.

Honestly, You are the one who is causing the issues if you are unhappy with parts of your relationship, that you are letting your unhappiness fester, and not vocalizing it before it becomes a breaking point. Much easier to fix at the beginning. Less pent up emotions to get in the way of addressing the issue. (Again, I try, but I'm not great at this... I'm getting better, and it is true that although it might hurt, it will feel better than letting it fester.)

HELL,WOMAN! Just tell her you want to go with her! That she is what you want, not the things she can buy. Make it sappy and heartfelt.

To be fair, I was wondering why she didn't offer to take her along with her... I mean most companies wouldn't care as long as you paid the extra fees out of your own pocket. And if she was afraid of the company finding out, all she would have to do is tell her supervisor that it was her best friend and they had had plans to hang out together after work during the time the trip was planned... Company knowing your personal business is avoided.

the end .

I can't tell if that is homophobic, or biphobic. Nevermind reading the other posts, It's obvious which one.

last edited at Mar 15, 2019 3:42AM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I was thinking she either died or she went out to find a guy, or she could've bought a plane ticket to where her girlfriend was and tried to surprise her there, right? Right? Please tell me I'm right...

joined Jun 12, 2015

That was awful. Forced yuri is never good.

joined Sep 6, 2018

CAPTAIN OBVIOUS here!
CAPTAIN OBVIOUS, awaaay!

I must applaud this post along with my ovation for this manga. The post helped me understand the nuances in the last cell and the manga took a direction that was totally different from the initial page/story idea. A wonderful piece with a message.

Keep up the good work!

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

To all the people grieving in here, she just went to sleep because there was no joy in watching the fireworks alone after all that anticipation.

last edited at Mar 15, 2019 3:54AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

As other people have pointed out, this story just drives home the importance of asking and telling your significant other what they want out of your relationship. The OL assumed that her GF wants stability and material prosperity, while the GF was too passive, I guess, to tell her that all she really wanted was frequent physical and emotional intimacy. Interestingly, the other way around is fine: the OL wanted to be dependable bread-earner in the relationship, and the GF gave her that in spades by staying at home all the time. Except that such one-way relationship is doomed to fall apart at the first major conflict.

What's with the bi hate? It's gross.

Welcome to the Dynasty Reader. :-) Also, we have people triggered by any positive depiction of men in a manga, as well as people questioning the justification for existence of any manga that doesn't follow the most formulaic of yuri plots (girl meets girl, girls falls in love, the other girl loves her back, they kiss, the end).

last edited at Mar 15, 2019 3:55AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

When the chapter started I wanted to make a snide comment at Japan's working policy. At how everyone thinks she is so cool, because she's working so hard. I thought that working hard is always portraid easier than it is in manga. Looks like the manga did that statement for me in the end, because work destroyed her relationship. Work and lack of communication.

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

the end .

I laughed.

Biphobia is bad but lets be honnest, this scenario is so common its boring.

I still date bi girls though. I just make fun of it from time to time. To stay sane.

joined Dec 11, 2011

What...What happened..

To reply you must either login or sign up.