Forum › The Girl I Like Showed Up to School in Pants discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Mii looks like a kase-san. :-)

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Three attributes pants have I never knew about.

1. They apparently make you cool. Somehow.
  2. They are addicting.
  3. They generate a barrier that doesn't allow skirt peasants to even come close. For only other followers of the pants master race may engage in yuri with them.

I know Japan's strict about school uniforms, but are you telling me these girls don't wear pants at home sometimes? Not even hotpants? Pajama pants? Yoga pants? Jeans?

En7lgnjwaaad25y
joined Dec 28, 2018

Three attributes pants have I never knew about.

1. They apparently make you cool. Somehow.
  2. They are addicting.
  3. They generate a barrier that doesn't allow skirt peasants to even come close. For only other followers of the pants master race may engage in yuri with them.

I know Japan's strict about school uniforms, but are you telling me these girls don't wear pants at home sometimes? Not even hotpants? Pajama pants? Yoga pants? Jeans?

Pants for girls exist, obviously, but the thing is that it's a cool skirting(ha!)-the-rules kind of thing. Yes, you're wearing an approved school uniform- just not the one typically designated for girls (or a conformist one, in an all-girls school). The anti-conformity thing is that much more pronounced in Japan, whose society has so much conformity that any deviation from the rules stands out enormously, and as a teenager, standing out in a cool way is H O T.

As for the anti-skirt barrier, imagine it from that angle. The two unbelievably hot kids are flirting. You know you have zero chance, and you give them your space.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

but who's the top and who's the bottom

By my experience so far, most of the time the one who looks cooler often ends up being bottom despite of all the big talking etc.

Take Tokaku for an example.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Mii looks like a kase-san. :-)

Absolutely. This manga was too short for me... may there be a sequel.

Cmdhakiusaeyptl
joined Jul 15, 2016

The lesbian vibes between the 2 are so strong nothing can literally separate them

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ohh damn they looked to damn cool xD i understand why everyone made an unspoken rule hahaha they to lovestruck of both of them

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yeah, what a happy school life - you get a girlfriend, but are isolated from everyone else and never invited to any parties, to karaoke, or anything, out of consideration for your superior status. Such bliss :p

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Yeah, what a happy school life - you get a girlfriend, but are isolated from everyone else and never invited to any parties, to karaoke, or anything, out of consideration for your superior status. Such bliss :p

It's lonely at the apex of evolution.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

This is great, was saddened this is all we have atm from this artist

joined Feb 23, 2013

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

It's lonely at the apex of evolution.

Testify. The lioness does not require friends.

Scarlet%20felini
joined Mar 28, 2012

This deserves to become a series.

joined Sep 5, 2018

Wait! Japanese girls can just choose to wear pants, to school!? This is huge!

The trick “the school rules state that students have to wear the school uniform but don’t say which one” has been used in manga before, though I can’t remember one of the series at the moment. Actually, more and more schools are starting to allow that officially.

You never see a boy in a romance manga, learning to cook, just so he can make the girl he likes smile.

Yeah, we never see Nisekoi’s Raku learning to cook because he was already pretty good at it at the start of the series. =)

I’m pretty sure the pants go on the bottom. Unless you’re Pantsman. Then you’ll never know which is the top and which is the bottom.

last edited at Mar 13, 2019 11:31AM

LilLegalLoli94
joined Sep 25, 2018

OH NO!!! They're Too Dazzling!!!!

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

Ya know based on our genitals, males should wear skirts and females should wear pants

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

This would make for a good levi commercial

For some reason, this comment just makes my day. Thanks for that

This whole thread is just great. It's really fun

last edited at Mar 13, 2019 5:17PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Ugh... So... Perfect...

Gits-innocence4
joined Sep 22, 2013

Neither.
There are only pants. 0_o

Photo
joined Apr 26, 2017

When they were walking down the hall and the girls were looking at them I sensed panties dropping at the site of them.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

You never see a boy in a romance manga, learning to cook, just so he can make the girl he likes smile.

Yeah, we never see Nisekoi’s Raku learning to cook because he was already pretty good at it at the start of the series. =)

^ I don't know who that is, but I bet he didn't learn to cook so he could prove his worth to a girl.

For the record: I think everyboby should learn to cook. It's just a useful life skill to have.

last edited at Mar 13, 2019 9:50PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Well if you wanted to know whose wearing the pants in the relationship it's plain to see. It's both of them, because both of them are wearing pants.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Wait! Japanese girls can just choose to wear pants, to school!? This is huge! Now all we have to do, is get the japanese, to stop seeing their women as live in housekeepers, who make babies, and we have a full blown sexual revolution.

Your impression of Japanese women doesn't seem to fall in line with their birth rate problem.

I know they have a looming population crisis, but I still think japanese still feel a woman's place is in the home. You never see a boy in a romance manga, learning to cook, just so he can make the girl he likes smile.

While there is that Yamato Nadeshiko trope, there are plenty of works subverting that. In fact I think the male leads in male oriented romance works are way more pathetic than most female leads.

You think Japanese stuff is bad, try some modern Chinese light/web novels, lol. No comparison. They drop some pretty hilarious backwards one-liners sometimes. Things straight out of the 1960s.

That whataboutism right there. Top quality.

last edited at Mar 13, 2019 10:36PM

Images
joined Sep 22, 2015

its true tho

24-1
joined Sep 21, 2011

Apparently, I have been doing things wrong. I need to go for a couple years wearing skirts, just so I can have a cool pants reveal... I would probably need to grow my hair out, then cut it short for a more dramatic effect... Nope. Not happening!

To reply you must either login or sign up.