Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

This new girl have some Matsuri's vibe... Drama in-comming.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Oh no.... The dreaded new character... I don't hold out much hope for this sudden old best friend

last edited at Mar 4, 2019 2:26AM

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

No no no we do not need a new character right now. The two leads are in a difficult situation that would be interesting to see them work through. PLEASE don’t go the Citrus route of introducing characters rather than resolve the plot!

Sweet Dangus McGee
Jung%20freud%202
joined Jul 2, 2017

everyone's saying Drama, but based on how Izumi's good mood transitioned directly to the new character introduction, and the fact that the new character hasn't specified who her "Angel" is, I'm inclined to think that they're actually playing with expectations. Either Izumi's gonna be the Angel or the new girl's gonna get together with Izumi by the end regardless, and I bet its gonna be pretty cute.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Interesting development so far

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

And here we are again with the "character that out of the blue comes to the story and become a love interest or make a love triangle or just simply mess up things for a couple of chapters" theme.
I wonder if this happens because authors just don't know how to make up content for more chapters... Not something I would have expected from ajiichi. And is kind of annoying to be honest. This story has a nice set up that could have made a nice long story; I don't see why it would need this "lost childhood friend" theme to fill in more chapters...
These kind of things make me appreciate oneshots even more...

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Eh? Did I miss the harem tag somewhere? Is Fujishiro a girl magnet now? Kurokawa, Izumi, the childhood friend and maybe even that bitch Miki?
Well let's say that new girl is a false flag and Miki doesn't count.... I think Izumi is the only one who truly seems to have a crush on Fujishiro. She was build up for that since the first few chapters, so it wouldn't be a surprise. She does seem rather contend to watch from the sidelines, though.

last edited at Mar 4, 2019 4:30AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Oh god, a new rival returnee character.

Author was running out of ideas.

joined Nov 27, 2017

Oh please... Don't let this go the obvious direction. It was finally starting to fucking go somewhere.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

The old friend that suddenly returns after a certain amount of time maybe as a rival love interest? Is this gonna be citrus all over again?

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

everyone's saying Drama, but based on how Izumi's good mood transitioned directly to the new character introduction, and the fact that the new character hasn't specified who her "Angel" is, I'm inclined to think that they're actually playing with expectations. Either Izumi's gonna be the Angel or the new girl's gonna get together with Izumi by the end regardless, and I bet its gonna be pretty cute.

I'd like it if this was the case. Izumi seems like a great character to focus on simply because she was actually self aware of how she and her posse behaved once Nanaki left the group. Stick her with the new character and we could be getting a good duo couple story. And no unnecessary drama to boot!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Sheesh, people have been traumatized by this development so much before that they forget that it can absolutely have merits. A new character, heck even a rival character, can bring in something that is needed to move the plot/relationship along. Often only being confronted with a third party really gets the main characters to realize their true feelings.
As always with any narrative device, the execution is all that matters.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Plz no love triangle that feels constructed like hell

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

In this chapter, the author suddenly added no less than 3 new love interests : Miki, Aota and that returning childhood friend.

So, it's going to be a love pentagon, not a triangle.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

^At some point its just a plain old harem.

Victoriaxashley2
joined Nov 20, 2016

Sheesh, people have been traumatized by this development so much before that they forget that it can absolutely have merits. A new character, heck even a rival character, can bring in something that is needed to move the plot/relationship along. Often only being confronted with a third party really gets the main characters to realize their true feelings.

It's lazy writing,instead of the main characters resolving their own issues and moving forward in the plot a new character gets conveniently introduced to move the plot forwards for them

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It's lazy writing,instead of the main characters resolving their own issues and moving forward in the plot a new character gets conveniently introduced to move the plot forwards for them

It's not inherently lazy. Any plot device used to move forward could be called lazy then. If a pair is not immediately aware of their feelings they will always need a trigger to get there. If a new character can actually add layers to the main characters through their past or through a new dynamic that brings out different aspects in them, then that's far from a bad thing. The important thing is that it shouldn't feel like a detour, but that it would not have moved any faster without them.

Now, introducing them as new fuel that comes out of nowhere certainly lessens the believability, rather than having them be introduced over a long time without any direct interference until needed (basically Izumi's role right now).... but that's also going to be critisized. People are never satisfied. Anything that could potentially threaten or interfere with the direct romantic entanglement of the main pairing is shunned to death. It's kind of sad.

last edited at Mar 4, 2019 7:13AM

Victoriaxashley2
joined Nov 20, 2016

It's not inherently lazy. Any plot device used to move forward could be called lazy then. If a pair is not immediately aware of their feelings they will always need a trigger to get there. If a new character can actually add layers to the main characters through their past or through a new dynamic that brings out different aspects in them, then that's far from a bad thing. The important thing is that it shouldn't feel like a detour, but that it would not have moved any faster without them.

Now, introducing them as new fuel that comes out of nowhere certainly lessens the believability, rather than having them be introduced over a long time without any direct interference until needed (basically Izumi's role right now).... but that's also going to be critisized. People are never satisfied. Anything that could potentially threaten or interfere with the direct romantic entanglement of the main pairing is shunned to death. It's kind of sad.

I agree with your second point,it would make far more sense if it was a pre-established character like Izumi.

Well they did it ok the way they did it.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Kanade thinks Aota is in love with Nanaki. While I think Aota has crush on Kanade. Childhood friend? Idol love? Whatever, I just wish Kanade and Nanaki broke up already. Their relationship doesn't progress, Nanaki does stupid things for something she thinks is love, Kanade is secretly in a little pain...
Kanade, go for Aota. She's your only hope. Izumi (or whatevwr her name was, I'm not sure) is right. You and Nanaki don't fit.

And everyone os telling it to you two basically since the beginning. That means something.

last edited at Mar 4, 2019 7:43AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Not necessarily. The childhood friend doesn't mention who she's pinning for.

If it's Kurokawa, *bam*, pentagon.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Not necessarily. The childhood friend doesn't mention who she's pinning for.

If it's Kurokawa, *bam*, pentagon.

gasp A stroke of genius! But wait...
Childhood friend --> Kurokawa <--> Fujishiro <-- Izumi & Miki

If you split Izumi and Miki, you get something more akin to a broom. lol

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Nothing much happened in this chapter...
People talked a lot to no particular end, and there were no new developments for the two MCs. That's it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

People talked a lot to no particular end, and there were no new developments for the two MCs. That's it.

Yeah well, my expectations were broke so I'm leaving of this...time to wait other GOOD Yuri manga

Lol. Be sure to keep us posted about your emotional state at all times.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Really now? Fujishiro's hug definitely left an impression on Kurokawa. Now she questions what that was actually about and Fujishiro is certainly aware that she was doing something odd.
Izumi got revealed as an ally to Fujishiro.
It was revealed that the reason Miki is such a bitch to Kurokawa and badmouthes Fujishiro is that she actually really adored her and can't cope with her change.
A new childhood friend character will appear in the story soon, who apparently knew one of the MCs for 7 years and calls them her "angel".

But I suppose that has no relevance for the two MCs... somehow.

Yeah well, my expectations were broke so I'm leaving of this...time to wait other GOOD Yuri manga

Bye bye~
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

joined Sep 21, 2013

And just when there is a develop in the characters... a new plot twist appears!
Why... just... why...

To reply you must either login or sign up.