Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

No worries. We've got our RAWs now. Should hopefully see a TL soon.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Just saw it, hope it comes here soon reading it feels like coming home and jump in the couch after a loooooooong day of work

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 11:36AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Just saw it, hope it comes here soon reading it feels like coming home and jump in the couch after a loooooooong day of work

Yeah, baby! Angst and drama--Kase-san style. It's the only style for angst and drama.

Also, dear all the boys in the world: Do not hit on Yamada. Ever. Thank you for your attention.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

That smile on the last page....(swoon)

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I gotta be honest, I'm not really a fan of Kase's attitude here. It reeks of this "I told you so" smugness (especially when she's asking shit like "do you really want friends that badly") when there was really nothing wrong with what Yamada was doing. She just wanted to go out and have a good time with her friend. Sure, it ended up being pretty shitty, but we've all gotten roped into doing things that turned out to be pretty shitty in our lives.

I hope they confront Kase's possessiveness at some point. It's crossed the line from "cute" to "a little weird". Not that I don't still love this manga. I fuckin' love Kase-san. Just something I'd like to see in the future.

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 2:01PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Felloffalot posted:

I gotta be honest, I'm not really a fan of Kase's attitude here. It reeks of this "I told you so" smugness (especially when she's asking shit like "do you really want friends that badly") when there was really nothing wrong with what Yamada was doing. She just wanted to go out and have a good time with her friend. Sure, it ended up being pretty shitty, but we've all gotten roped into doing things that turned out to be pretty shitty in our lives.

I know she's too possessive, she keeps saying "you're mine" instead of "we're lovers" but in her defense, I think she acted like that because she didn't know what kind of person the friend was and assumed the worse... But still, I hope Yamada really learned to say no and next time, she might say no to Kase

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

Hello there, good chapter hshs

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I gotta be honest, I'm not really a fan of Kase's attitude here. It reeks of this "I told you so" smugness (especially when she's asking shit like "do you really want friends that badly") when there was really nothing wrong with what Yamada was doing.

Well, whatever, but remember, Kase had not yet met Hana-chan when she said that, so from her point of view, Yamada was going along with some dodgy new friend who was dragging Yamada along to a sleazebag mixer. Hence her relief when she discovered that Hana was just about as worldly, decadent, and sophisticated as Yamada (Hana really needs to develop a head sprout herself).

This is just another one of those mutual misunderstandings because they adore each other so much and also because they're actually in a kind of long-distance relationship--it makes no more sense from Kase's POV that Yamada would be jealous of Snippy the Jock Roommate than it does from Yamada's to think that Hana is some gyaru leading Yamada into a life of boy-related sin.

EDIT: The "you're mine" thing may or may not be a real long-term problem, but in this case Kase is rescuing Yamada from a den of sleazebag BOYS who are trying to PICK UP YAMADA.

That is the very definition of Not OK.

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 2:22PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

This series is like the perfect cake.
Soft and fluffy, but also nice and wet.

joined Feb 23, 2016

God dammit

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah, Kase made me pretty uncomfortable throughout this arc. Her treatment of Yamada bordered on controlling. Like, by her own admission this whole display was less about concern for Yamada's safety and more about fear that she would "escape" from Kase which is kinda a red flag.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

how can they not tell its a girl when they have a skirt and boobs...

Could be a fat Scot

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

"Even though you're mine"... I hate lines like that, Kase-san...

Yeah, Kase made me pretty uncomfortable throughout this arc. Her treatment of Yamada bordered on controlling. Like, by her own admission this whole display was less about concern for Yamada's safety and more about fear that she would "escape" from Kase which is kinda a red flag.

Totally agree.

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 3:02PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

On a happier note, I thought it was pretty funny how the other girls were like "awww... is a girl" but tried hard to listen and remember her name, you know... just in case XD, there could be a doujin "A Straight Girl Wanders Into a Straight Mixer but..."

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 3:09PM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I love this chapter and I love how they can have challenges and misunderstandings and actually talked about it and worked through it. I especially liked that Yamada is vocalizing what she's feeling more I think she's come a long way.
Also, this is the first relationship that either them have ever been on and these feelings are still pretty new to them.
Add the fact that they are in a huge city for the first time and they are not able to see each other as often as they used to and a lot of their actions seem reasonable. Also, I like how Kase San forgot about being mad once Yamada called her by her name. (Yamada should remember that)
I think this should be their theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU-RNjPxsXI

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 3:18PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I thought Kase was being overly-controlling early on in this arc, but not particularly in this sequence.

One of the charming things about this series is the enormous distance between the way each of them sees the other one and the way they perceive themselves: to Yamada, Kase is the coolest and most together person in the universe; Kase sees herself more like her senpai did--as kind of a goofy airhead whose main positive point is her athletic ability. Kase sees Yamada as the most desirable being in the universe who could have any partner she wanted; Yamada sees herself as hopelessly childish and naive.

So their affection for each other comes with a big helping of insecurity. That could certainly turn toxic, and it has led to such misunderstanding as they have had. I'm sure someone can go through this arc making moral judgments that one or the other was in the wrong at this point or that, but insofar as there is a flaw in their relationship, this is it--not that Kase is excessively controlling or that Yamada is too unaware to know how Kase would react to her going to a mixer, but that at some level they each think they're not quite good enough for the other.

EDIT: Or put another way, they each can't quite believe their own good fortune that someone so amazing is in love with them.

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 3:33PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I thought Kase was being overly-controlling early on in this arc, but not particularly in this sequence.

One of the charming things about this series is the enormous distance between the way each of them sees the other one and the way they perceive themselves: to Yamada, Kase is the coolest and most together person in the universe; Kase sees herself more like her senpai did--as kind of a goofy airhead whose main positive point is her athletic ability. Kase sees Yamada as the most desirable being in the universe who could have any partner she wanted; Yamada sees herself as hopelessly childish and naive.

So their affection for each other comes with a big helping of insecurity. That could certainly turn toxic, and it has led to such misunderstanding as they have had. I'm sure someone can go through this arc making moral judgments that one or the other was in the wrong at this point or that, but insofar as there is a flaw in their relationship, this is it--not that Kase is excessively controlling or that Yamada is too unaware to know how Kase would react to her going to a mixer, but that at some level they each think they're not quite good enough for the other.

EDIT: Or put another way, they each can't quite believe their own good fortune that someone so amazing is in love with them.

Kase showing up out of the blue at a social gathering Yamada attended against her wishes and then attempting to physically drag her out is pretty yikes regardless of motivation. It doesn't matter how insecure you are you don't treat your partner like that. Like, her thinking that's an acceptable way to treat Yamada is also a flaw in their relationship.

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 3:38PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^
Like I said, moral judgments are a dime a dozen--you see mistreatment, I see a rescue. Kase knew Yamada probably didn't know what she was getting into, and she was right.

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 3:41PM

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Kase was overcontrolling, that’s why Yamada went to the mixer in the first place. She thrusted herself into a potentially dangerous situation just so she could say that she survived, forgetting that she’s terrible with these situations. That’s in character. Kase gets worried and comes to protect her. That’s in character. But it isn’t played off like it’s something wonderful, Yamada is visibly disturbed by Kase’s clinginess in this chapter. Then the two come together, reconcile, and Kase realizes that Hana isn’t what she expected and, hopefully, will stick later on so she continues to trust Yamada’s independence more.

All in all, it’s another good chapter that shows that despite the two of them dating for years, they still have problems to work through and it makes for great reading.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Like others are saying I'm disappointed with Kase-san's behavior these past few chapters. On one hand I'm glad they made up (again) but at the same time I feel Yamada deserved an apology too. Yamada didn't do anything wrong, Kase-san should know how Yamada is and can't say no easily because she's a shy girl. She just wanted to make friends but Kase-san was being really controlling. I get that she doesn't trust men around Yamada but it just seemed really off. She should have a little more faith in Yamada after all this time.

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 3:48PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think this is very, very much a neko-tachi relationship and, while they have a big issue with insecurity on both sides, notice it's not about dominance, and when it's going well, it's not about control, either. They just give each other what they need.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

1) Gotta love the side-glance to Kase's oppai - oo <.<

2) Geez, ppl. Kase's possessive and Yamada dependent. They are both clingy in their own right, and just starting to figure out how to relationship. Bottom line: they love each other, madly. So far neither's attitude has hurt the other and, actually, so far their attitudes are complementing the other's flaws.
- Kase watches over socially inapt Yamada as she learns to become more outgoing.
- Yamada and her insecurities keep aloof and fickle Kase attentive and grounded.

3) ...did Kase really order all that stuff and ran of without paying?

4) Gotta love the little details, like how Kase changed out of the heels as soon they left the bar XD

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Kase was overcontrolling, that’s why Yamada went to the mixer in the first place. She thrusted herself into a potentially dangerous situation just so she could say that she survived, forgetting that she’s terrible with these situations.

What? You think Yamada had the slightest clue about what that place and the people in it would be like? She wanted to do something with Hana, her new (but unknown to Yamada) equally clueless friend.

Right, that’s our Yamada, living life on the edge to prove herself to her domineering girlfriend . . .

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

^
Like I said, moral judgments are a dime a dozen--you see mistreatment, I see a rescue. Kase knew Yamada probably didn't know what she was getting into, and she was right.

Kase was pretty transparent about her motivation being jealousy rather than fear for Yamada's safety. Like her actions, demeanor, and words all make it clear that she was there to jealously guard her girlfriend from rival suitors not to protect her from predators.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^

Kase was pretty transparent about her motivation being jealousy rather than fear for Yamada's safety. Like her actions, demeanor, and words all make it clear that she was there to jealously guard her girlfriend from rival suitors not to protect her from predators.

As if those things are mutually exclusive rather than two sides of the same coin.

To reply you must either login or sign up.