Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I think Kase didn't do anything wrong. Is true she didn't want her to go to the "party", but is not like she was controlling her, she told her just to go somewhere else, also because she knows Yamada wouldn't have fun (and was also a dangerous situation). It's not like she didn't wanted her to go out with a friend. Also, I think that this long(?)-distance situation sucks. They don't see each other, Kase's roommate is hot, Yamada keep blushing and holds hands with her friend. I have a bad feeling for this. Not like they would betray each other, but the situation is terrible, the best would be if they could move in together asap, because this is going to be full of angs.

She was absolutely trying to control her. She told her not to go, she put her foot down about it, she kept pushing even after Yamada explained her reasons for going. She also apparently skipped out on her school trip in order to show up. All this speaks to a lack of trust, which is something they really need to deal with.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Wait... They already sleep witch each other or?.. Or its this a parallel story? Why they acting like they are at the beginning at the realationship? <.<

Because they've been pretty sheltered and pure so far and they're only just starting to run into the struggles of adult life.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I think in this situation Yamada is in the wrong because she's going to a mixer while she's still in a relationship. Mixers are for singles and swingers only. I would have been a bit pissed if my gf suddenly announced that she was going to one with a friend that she just made and one that I've not even met.Plus, neither one of them did their homework about what sort of place this was all going down in (which is apparently the worst place ever)

last edited at Dec 13, 2018 7:18AM

joined Feb 14, 2016

yeahhh same. shes been really iffy in this sequel manga

Kase has been iffy since before the sequel - she's doing pretty much the same thing here as she did at the high school culture festival when she demanded that Yamada not wear the same maid apron as everyone else.

What'd she do wrong this time? Telling your partner not to go to a dating event is too far these days?

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

AHH YES KASE-SAN TOTALLY GONNA COME

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

We have to remember that part of Kase’s job has been to attempt to socialize Yamada (when she’s not exactly the most experienced and worldly sophisticate herself). On the one hand, you can’t blame Yamada for her pleasure in making friends with a similar clueless plant entity, but neither of them are in any position to evaluate a potential social venue of pretty much any sort.

Fortunately, boys on the make in this series are drawn as stupid demons (a form of hyperrealism), and we know what happens when the stupid demons target Yamada—Kase suddenly appears and rains holy hell on them (sometimes literally out of the sky).

I look forward to Kase swaggering out of this den of iniquity with a cute potted plant on each arm.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Who is wrong or right in this situation does not even matter too much, but Kase should really learn to practice what she preaches. She tells Yamada she does not consider her feelings, yet she does the same, she is almost obsessed with who Yamada sees or what she is doing, yet when her own roommate comes up in discussion she glosses over it. These traits in turn feed directly into Yamada's insecurities, and thus we have these little episodes of them overreacting at each other, "no you are not going" "yes I am" end call. We as readers know these dorks would never even entertain the thought of betraying each other, but they still have not fully grasped that fact.

And so I again hope this leads to some actual discussion, not Kase's smug "I told you so" because Kase is always right and Yamada is always wrong.

last edited at Dec 13, 2018 7:56AM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

WHAT'S THAT CHAPTER ENDING? ALFÑAJÑFHALNFLQJFLAHÑRHWOEJ

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

What'd she do wrong this time? Telling your partner not to go to a dating event is too far these days?

The thing is that Yamada didn't know it was a dating event. For her that was a party, I can understand the feeling of wanting to go to a party with friends, so I expect they'll discuss over that and Yamada will show Kase that she can be (at least a little) independat and wanted things, and that doesn't mean that she'll come back to another mixer xD but also she can try makeup and go to parties. Kase was reflecting her insecurities all this time in Yamada, I can understand why she just calls out and decide to go to a party (other thing is that that wasn't one).

joined Sep 25, 2015

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
It ends at the best part. I hate cliffhangers!

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Ahhh kids making stupid relationship decisions. It happens. Hopefully this development helps both of them realise their faults and grow from it.

Also Kase in a suit. Woof.

joined Feb 18, 2015

The thing is that Yamada didn't know it was a dating event. For her that was a party, I can understand the feeling of wanting to go to a party with friends, so I expect they'll discuss over that and Yamada will show Kase that she can be (at least a little) independat and wanted things, and that doesn't mean that she'll come back to another mixer xD but also she can try makeup and go to parties. Kase was reflecting her insecurities all this time in Yamada, I can understand why she just calls out and decide to go to a party (other thing is that that wasn't one).

Uh... NO! She knew it was a mixer! If you look at the chapter where Hana invited her to it (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yamada_to_kase_san_ch04#27) you'll see that the event page she showed her on her phone said:

"Student's Only Mixer

City Party

A Party for those
looking for love"

Yamada knew EXACTLY what she was going to!

She NEVER thinks about the concept that people other than Kase might find her attractive, so she wouldn't think that her going to a mixer might result in some guy trying to get together with her. She only focused on how uncomfortable it would make her, NOT on how she was going to an event intended for people looking for sexual partners of the opposite sex.

Kase had her own issues here. Not telling Yamada about the trip she was going on, when she was going to be without her phone and unable to be in communication with her at all for a few days, until the day before, and apparently only telling her because her roommate mentioned it within earshot of the phone, was not good girlfriend behavior. Finding out that Kase's been making a habit of accidentally wearing her roommate's clothes and using her stuff just made the whole thing worse.

However, on the balance, Yamada was the one who was way off here. Kase has no choice about having a roommate and, frankly, about being absent minded and not being able to tell one pair of shorts from another, really. That just seems like something she'd do. Yamada should never have agreed to go to a dating event with her friend. She should have told her friend that she can't do that because she's dating someone.

The real solution to this whole problem is for Yamada to come out to her friend about who she is dating and for Kase to come out to her roommate about who she is dating, though I think that is already a done deal, since I'm sure the roommate has heard Yamada's voice over the phone and just heard Kase exclaim that they are dating.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Yamad is baka. Going to a mixer with friend when you are in a relationship? Baka plot. It's not funny or cute. It's baka.

last edited at Dec 13, 2018 12:48PM

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Love the blame-talk here, but...

...can we talk about the fact that Kase-san ran straight from coming back from her busy, taxing week, in spite of her limited wardrobe still managed to dress up in the most handsome way and rushed to that mixer, managing that right-on-cue cinematic entrance?

In my head-canon, Kase spent the past week offline and disconnected (from her life-line), drifting from shocked to jealous to sorta angry to worried and at some point having a panic-attack (at both Yamada's mood shift at the end of the call as well as the thought of her widdle potted flower ending up in the midsts of a pack of wolves) until her roommate smacked her up the back of her head and told her "Then DO something about it." possibly even allowing Kase to use her wardrobe again, just to get that puddle of a mess out of the room. And Kase remained panicked, rushing at top speeds through the city (on foot, because public transportation was too slow for her liking) picturing a lover's worst nightmares until she came through the doors and spotted her sweet but halpless girlfriend - and the wolves, but decided to calm her lover first before marking her territory... (although, why not kill two birds with one stone... ;) )

Oh, dear Gods, I hope the continuing chapter won't under-deliver. This setting has SO much potential on so many levels!

last edited at Dec 13, 2018 3:54PM

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

I really love the direction the author is taking this series. We’re really diving into relationship problems, when is it okay to be selfish, when is it not, and even though they’re going out, the two still have different goals and ideas and really push for what they want. All without making one of them obviously in the wrong.

I love it. Can’t wait for more.

E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

Fuck's sake, both are in the wrong! Althought I'd say Kase is the worst offender because Yamada is a precious cinnamon roll who needs to be protected at all costs! ...and Kase is going overbord to protect her right now so...I'm hella confused.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Even when they're in the wrong.....they're mutually in the wrong. And they actually like talk about it and resolve their issues.

And this is why I love this series

I bet as soon as Yamada hung up Kase started planning her Must Save My True Love Outfit.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So going to a sports university in Japan is sort of like being in the military, only without the guns and cool uniforms?

I mean, roll call and cell phone bans, etc.--what's the career path that makes putting up with that shit worthwhile?

joined Sep 6, 2018

I'd like to know what Kase-san is studying in college. It can't be too challenging to suck up all her time as a track star. It's gotta be something easy enough to just sit through in college and get the four year degree... any guesses what that major could be?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I'd like to know what Kase-san is studying in college. It can't be too challenging to suck up all her time as a track star. It's gotta be something easy enough to just sit through in college and get the four year degree... any guesses what that major could be?

Yamada.

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

This is the best thing ever in Dynasty, spendin my time readin deep discussions while waitin for the next chapter.
It doesn’t matter who is in the wrong here, as long as they realized it, talk it down and resolve it.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Japanese colleges are a little different from the american system. Japanese kids have a much fiercer and broad high school curriculum compared to american kids, and college is hard to get into, but is relatively easy. That changes a bit if you're a member of a formal team. Kase's classwork probably isn't hard at all. She's probably phys ed or something, to compliment her talents and club activities. It's her club activities as a member of the track team that are demanding of her time.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

As an aside, I came here the other day to comment on it and got sidetracked by the discussion of Kase's jealous paranoia, but can we just take a moment to marvel at how freaking -predatory- this "party" is? I mean, most mixers usually just take girls and boys in equal numbers and let them mingle, but here it's like "seperate the girls from their friends! Divide and conquer! "So you can talk to the boys!" Intimidate! HERES A DRINK MENU DON'T YOU WANNA GET DRUNk? Oh, you men are friends with each other? That's fine, why don't you triple-team this cutie here! Trololololol!

I don't know the last time I wanted to kick a fictional character in the nuts this much, but yeah. Pretty much any one of those employees better watch their jewels if I ever got turned into a manga character.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Japanese colleges are a little different from the american system. Japanese kids have a much fiercer and broad high school curriculum compared to american kids, and college is hard to get into, but is relatively easy. That changes a bit if you're a member of a formal team. Kase's classwork probably isn't hard at all. She's probably phys ed or something, to compliment her talents and club activities. It's her club activities as a member of the track team that are demanding of her time.

Wait, we know that Kase is specifically going to sports university. (I had no idea such things existed until I started reading manga). We haven't seen anyone on her campus doing anything except sports.

Yamada is going to a flowers-and-trees university, after all.

And Heavensrun, I got the idea that the "mixer" wasn't just an ad hoc thing organized by random students, but that the bar was a kind of "get 'em drunk and get laid" mixer mill, where the three guys are considered "regulars."

And is it just me being influenced by the sharper tone of recent chapters, or is Kase looking both sharp and a bit sinister in that last panel?

last edited at Dec 14, 2018 4:12PM

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

And is it just me being influenced by the sharper tone of recent chapters, or is Kase looking both sharp and a bit sinister in that last panel?

Hnn, from context and knowing how Kase's drawn, I would say, she's having a very confident and slightly predetory moment there.
Her gf is vulnerable and scared as hell, she taps her shoulder and reveals herself as her deus-ex-machina. She goes as far as acknowledging how horrified Yamada is about the situation she managed to put herself in. Based on the argeument they had before, Kase has the upper hand right now. And she plays with it. While, most certainly, ready to lash out at anyone who even so much as lays a finger on her lover.

Given the argument they had before, from Kase's side of things:

• Yamada didn't think mixers to be a big deal; she's dating Kase but is too ignorant in such matters to even comprehend the "date" aspect of mixers.
    = Kase shows up at her gloriest, present herself as the perfect date, the one and only and most desirable option in the whole room (or whole universe).

• Yamada wanted to hang out with a friend at a 'social event', underestimating her own disabilty to handle even smaller, more private social gatherings (just hanging with schoolmates other than her protective/possessive bff) especially when there are men invoved (e.g. the school festival).
    = Kase rushed and comes to the rescue, offering comfort and protection at the same time.

And, BOI, SHE LOOKS STUNNING!

I'm not saying Yamada is totally in the wrong nor Kase's right in just popping up to something Yamada wanted to do on her own / for herself.
But this is another instance proving how Kase leaps to take the initiative and is fully aware of Yamada's weaknesses, going the extra mile, which in case of her relationship with (always passive) Yamada is not to be simplificated as obsessive behaviour, but going out and borderline indulging Yamada, in the sense that Yamada can't really screw up because Kase will come to her rescue, no matter what.
Kase's not without flaws; the two of them are adorkable logs. They work because, while Kase is on the surface portrayed to not be much better than Yamada (who's POV and insecurity, devotion and awkward thoughts we get to witness most of the time) in regards to being attentive and observant or apparant insensitivity, but I'd think this particular argument and especially that last panel very much proves just how observant, sensitive and caring Kase really is, how much she actually knows and cares for what Yamada really wants and who/ how she really is. Not to undermine Yamada's strive to become more than she is, but being aware of Yamda's limits.

With that, I'd be horribly disappointed if Kase fell that low in the continuing chapter and had a "told you so" moment.
I wouldn't be surprised, tho, if she managed to undermine any male's ego in the room by her sheer presence and attitude (and at that, pretty much on purpose, because how DARED they prey on girls/women like that, ESPECIALLY her Yamada)..

To reply you must either login or sign up.