Forum › Kaijuu Iro no Shima discussion

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Living alone with your uncle means DANGER!!

It is if this is a hentai series. But looks like she's safe coz it's yuri. Lol

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

Living alone with your uncle means DANGER!!

i think you might need to tell someone about your uncle if thats your reaction XD

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

What the hell is up with that girl man... it does imply that she met her uncle before, so she probably evaluated that her uncle won't be all ecchi with her, but still, she is putting a lot of faith onto a man who didn't even recognize his niece. Good on the uncle though

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I forgot this existed

Thanks for the reminder Chief!

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Ah, I love this author. And the art is even better than in his earlier works.

joined Jul 4, 2018

Man...........
Why does the ‘Dark Skin’ tag always mean good things?

4a8ddad2-e863-4cd8-bf4c-320b6caa080d
joined Sep 19, 2018

I already ship them so hard ugh. They’re both gorgeous characters as well <3

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Please tell me we don't have to wait another 3 months

Kikaluna Uploader
Ef2_zi-u4ae1h8g
Noca Scans
joined Nov 20, 2017

Please tell me we don't have to wait another 3 months

I have bad news for you... And considering the length of that chapter, it feels like torture.

last edited at Jul 24, 2020 7:35PM

Large
joined May 27, 2017

Is that so??? I feel like I'll really like this one.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Man...........
Why does the ‘Dark Skin’ tag always mean good things?

That's because interracial couples are wonderful <3 (I'm in one with my gf, btw)

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Oh finally! After so long... T T

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

It updated! Praise Madoka!

Reading you say praise Madoka made me so happy for some reason.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I mean, that's pretty gay.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I don't really think you could call this an interracial couple. They're both Japanese, Kon just happens to be darker.

joined Dec 28, 2016

This isn't "interracial" whoever is calling it that is simply wrong. It's like calling a white person from Appalachia in a relationship with a white person from California "interracial". They're both from the same country and speak the same first language and they're both asian.

last edited at Dec 31, 2018 7:16AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

now wait for another three months.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I'm surprised that Furuka, when recalling her "kiss" in the previous chapter, goes all dazed and dreamy-eyed just like Kon.

I thought Kon was the childlike one, while Furuka was much older and more experienced... I must have gotten their relative ages wrong...

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

An interracial Yuri couple... Judge me as you like, but this hits almost all my fetish buttons.

I'll judge you. You are a person of culture as well.
Either way, this series seems interesting. Never watched/read anything else from the author, though. Should I?

Sankarea is garbage, don't read it.

Hm... The "Concerto" thing was really good, but then again... It´s the only work from the artist I know. Is there something wrong with his other works?

IMO they vary a lot. Early ones tend to be sort of fun and silly and fluffy but with miles of filler (Umisho, I'm looking at you). Sankarea is darker and weird, which can be good or bad; for me it started pretty good but gradually the mangaka lost control, threw too many complications, annoying characters and plot curves to keep juggling successfully, much less resolve in a satisfying way. I dropped it towards the end. I have a weird fondness for "Otogi no Machi no Rena" because how can you not like a story revolving around sex hamsters? (they're, like, mysterious spirit hamster things which smite girls with massive lust and then use their sex energy to make more sex hamsters, or something; the MC is an attractive, energetic girl who is particularly important to the sex hamsters, which as you can imagine is quite inconvenient) But, like other early stuff by this mangaka, it's funny and energetic but kind of lazily written.
Kirei ni Shitemoraemasuka is I think much newer and you wouldn't think it was by the same person; the art is much cleaner, less sketchy, more professional and the story is much more naturalistic, simple, and paced well. I kind of miss a certain breezy cheerfulness in the early art, but overall I like it quite a bit.
Just for the record, all these are het.
Concerto is the only Yuri I'm aware of him doing, although I wasn't surprised to see one because a lot of his stuff is dominated by female characters.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I'm surprised that Furuka, when recalling her "kiss" in the previous chapter, goes all dazed and dreamy-eyed just like Kon.

I thought Kon was the childlike one, while Furuka was much older and more experienced... I must have gotten their relative ages wrong...

If Furuka grew up enough in 3 years that her uncle didn't recognize her, I suppose she isn't that old. I think her expression at the end has a slightly different meaning than Kon's though. Kon is like stuck in a dream and revelling in that memory, while Furuka only starts to reminisce when her uncle mentions that she could have died.

My guess is that Kon will actively look for her while Furuka with hang out with her a bit reluctantly.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Almost thought there was sudprise het

last edited at Jan 9, 2019 11:57PM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Love the bullies at the end doing the mean girl version of the pillar men pose

So when is the next chapter going to be? Cause it looks like things are going to be interesting.

joined May 1, 2015

Freckles is going to kick those girls asses.

Thumbs
joined Apr 16, 2012

Damn i forgot about the manga, that long ago

To reply you must either login or sign up.