Forum › Pages in Search of a Bookmark discussion

joined Dec 16, 2017

Don't worry guys, when you have been into yuri manga/anime as long as some of us have been you start getting used to it.

I'm hella bitter for it, though.

...Aoi Hana feelings...

No truer words...

That being said, yeah... rough landing. I was quite shocked at the ending myself. You chose to do what? With who? Girl why?! Ok...

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

sees elixir characters on last page of ch 8

chucks phone to other side of the couch

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

Well. That ending was.... Eugh. I expected better, but it just got worse as it neared its end

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

sees elixir characters on last page of ch 8

chucks phone to other side of the couch

LMAO same, it triggers me every single damn time.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Fuck. Rikako didn't get a happy ending afterall.

Just because she didn't get the girl it doesn't mean she can't have a happy ending, just like the
The Hunchback of Notre Dame. And the ending felt a little rushed anyway.

The mangaka didn't even acknowledge her at the end though, for all we know she could be still sad somewhere out there

Sol
joined Feb 25, 2016

I got so confused on the last chapter. Like they were just having a nice coffee date and then suddenly a timeskip like ?????? what?

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I'm pretty sure that's the end, right? Its status should probably be changed to "Completed".

That ending definitely took me by surprise. It definitely felt super rushed. I didn't hate it though...

Rikako was definitely given the short end of the stick. To be honest, her entire character could have been excised from the story and nothing would have changed.

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

what the fuck

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Stupid af total waste of time first thing 2019

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

glad this wasn't my first read in 2019, ha-ha

So. The END.

ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-h

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

The paneling on the last string of chapters was such a mess to go through, so poorly put together that the flow was completely lost. Could hardly know who was talking, where the characters were standing or if they changed locations on multiple occasions, add that to the great translation and wording, and the whole manga is just a pain to read. Dunno, I feel as if the author just gave up and just wanted to get it over with in the last three chapters.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m torn between going back and re-reading the whole thing one more time just so I can be more specific in my own mind about what exactly made this into such a godawful mess, and . . .doing something more productive, i.e., anything but that.

I still think the butch doctor whose bedside manner included burning the patient (kind of accidentally) with her cigarette was pretty awesome, though.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Dunno, I feel as if the author just gave up and just wanted to get it over with in the last three chapters.

The series was likely canceled in yuri hime and the mangaka given a few chapters to wrap it up. If the shift in story quality is any indication, they were either devastated or just gave up and treated it like an annoying homework assignment until it was over. They had a really interesting idea that just unraveled.

The grammar is all over the place in these last 3 chapters.

I feel like that adds to the authenticity of it. I can't tell you how many doujinshi I've read where the English has to have been waaaaaay better than the original Japanese fan fiction. I mean, shit, think about it. Fan fiction written by visual artists. Regular fan fiction is atrocious, what secrets does our new dialogue obscure?

last edited at Jan 4, 2019 1:26AM

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Feels kinda like "we planned to make 5 volumes but in the middle of second one realised there won't be a third one"

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This was a nice series, but the mood shift in the last three chapters was so weird.
So now the two of them work together at the library? And what happened to the friend?

And yeah, the grammar quality in these chapters was weird.

last edited at Jan 11, 2019 11:49PM

Gg
joined Jul 13, 2018

WHAT HAPPENED???

85af8296-a13b-494e-810e-ae41815d00fa
joined Jan 19, 2016

That time skip tho...
out of nowhere -.-

Sawyerboredsquarebkgdoutline250
joined Nov 14, 2018

Feels kinda like "we planned to make 5 volumes but in the middle of second one realised there won't be a third one"

I agree, I really enjoyed the way this was going but so much more character could have been built up...and an editor to check English would've been nice. I still enjoyed this as a quick read but I feel like I need more of it; it feels rushed and incomplete, but a lovely story nonetheless. I don't think it deserves such scathing reviews as those I've seen.

last edited at Apr 16, 2019 10:49PM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

wow, just found out this series had an ending, and a lame one at that, it sure feels like it was axed and rightfully so ...

Sana-min
joined Jun 1, 2020

The worst thing I've ever read!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Try Black Lily and White Lily. Makes this look like . . . something way better, if not actually good.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Hopefully the second thing you read will be better.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I thought this was okay. It wasn't bad by any stretch. I saw potential in where the story was going, which I guess was good enough for me in this case.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I thought this was okay. It wasn't bad by any stretch. I saw potential in where the story was going, which I guess was good enough for me in this case.

This did have potential. This could have been okay.

This was dreadful.

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Damn, this was pretty bad not gonna lie.

To reply you must either login or sign up.