Forum › Caged Lovers discussion

u mean suicide cuz she dont wanna be sold off?

I don't know how to spoiler properly yet so allow me a minute

Edit: Okay got it. The girl who dies is the elder sister in this chapter. The end of volume 2 suggest that she might've been murdered by the "buyer" but as it ends immediately after that, I don't know if there's any actual way that the girls can do anything about it

Like I said it's fucked up. So people reading the comments who think they can't stomach things like this should save the headache and just not read. Seriously I'm warning you, save yourself (and the future of this comment section)

niga i just read happy sugar life

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, some people like dark fucked up drama, so why not.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, as we say in Brazil, opinions are like assholes: to each their own.

we have the same saying in Poland

We have the same saying in my household :p

... hasn't anyone here watched Dirty Harry? It basically globalized the saying (Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one). That being said it doesn't have any sort of "secret" meaning that only works in certain languages so there's really no reason why it'd be some language specific thing in the first place ^^;

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Well, as we say in Brazil, opinions are like assholes: to each their own.

we have the same saying in Poland

We have the same saying in my household :p

... hasn't anyone here watched Dirty Harry? It basically globalized the saying (Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one). That being said it doesn't have any sort of "secret" meaning that only works in certain languages so there's really no reason why it'd be some language specific thing in the first place ^^;

Oh, I had no idea it was a movie quote. I guess that was probably where it came from.

joined Feb 3, 2016

i hate this manga, it's not even good yuri plus the concept is way too disgusting. not gonna read it anymore lolol

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 4:03PM

0000slan1
joined Apr 7, 2018

Is there a way to completely block a manga so that it doesn't show on the front page for me? I don't want to be reminded that this shit exist every time a new chapter comes out.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Good art gone to waste

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Anyone who feels they've read a similar premise might be recollecting Shitsurakuen, the series where women in high school are treated like objects by men. This one might still be worse though since Shitsurakuen at least had something resembling a good ending and was at least partially pleasant to read at times.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Anyone who feels they've read a similar premise might be recollecting Shitsurakuen, the series where women in high school are treated like objects by men. This one might still be worse though since Shitsurakuen at least had something resembling a good ending and was at least partially pleasant to read at times.

It was one of those mangas you hope to forget forever and you had to bring it up.

Thanks.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Judging from the comments, this gon' be baadd, as in damn wtf bad

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 6:21PM

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I mean I'll give it one more chapter. This kinda fucked up but hey I've read (and enjoyed) worse

joined Dec 16, 2017

Good lord, there are very few of us that like dark yuri like this. Damn... ah well, thank you uploaded for uploading this. I'll take it and see where it leads. To those that have read ahead, thank you for blocking out the spoilers.

Subscribed and looking forward to the next issue.

joined Apr 18, 2018

And yet, nobody translate Kanaeru Love Sick yet and it's already at the third volume.

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 7:02PM

joined Jan 15, 2018

And this is what happens when you try to get an author out of the Touhou doujin circle.

She got award from Dengeki Award like Nakatani.

BTW, author’s first idea was the love between courtesans in high end brothel. She’s into such things.

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 8:44PM

i remember the dr phil ep where the guy would "check" his girlfriend everyday and accuse her of cheating

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

.... Basically she entered a school that only cared about her viginity not her brain before being sold off to a man like an object. Those virginity tests aren't even accurate! What the hell... There is no respect towards women here at all despite it being female dominated being a Yuri! This ain't dark, this is a critical hit to your value as a person!

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

If it were serious about staging some sort of rebellion against this fucked up human trafficking ring it'd be absolutely into it, but this smells of "woe is me, we're going to be sold, but that's only tragic 'cause I lose my new lesbian friend."

Damn, i'll kill to read that rebellion.
Also oof, this will be hard to read.

Ill keep reading if they bring out the guilotines

E6ede813daabea1e3e623efa6effd4febf2648bc_hq
joined Nov 16, 2015

I usually don't read super depressing storylines that involve topics like these but I'm up to read it.

This is just my opinion but to those that already despise of reading this because of its concept of human trafficking and irrelevant virgin checks, its best to understand the issues in regards to religious, social, and even political conflicts that are shadowed in each nationality; which still continues to this day and causes problems to those who are unfortunate enough to experience such tragedies. Not saying that everyone is required to read it because we all know that this story will progressively get worse and it will show the dark concept behind more ongoing issues in life but it does give the reality of how twisted any societies can be to accept these kinds of things regardless of their reasoning

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The back-story to Maria-sama ga Miteru and its somewhat fluffier, sexier clone Strawberry Panic! was that those girls schools were finishing schools. Whatever romance you got up to was over once you graduated as you were now a prized bride to be arranged by your family in a marriage for business. This is just the way darker mirror world version of that.

From Marimite v01 Maria-sama ga Miteru:

Time passes, and even now, in Heisei, three era-names past Meiji, it is a valuable academy. Nurtured ladies raised in greenhouses are shipped out in carefully packaged boxes after 18 years of schooling—an arrangement that continues to survive.

She, Fukuzawa Yumi (福沢祐巳), is just one of those ordinary ladies.

I would hope it goes without saying but this manga's storyline would not be possible in modern Japan. Even Marimite and Strawberry Panic! were fanciful and anachronistic for their time.

last edited at Dec 29, 2018 10:50PM

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

Fuck

joined Sep 6, 2018

Nope. Skipping this one. The envelope was broken on this one (as in: pushed too far beyond the envelope of acceptability/readable).

joined Jun 19, 2016

Yeah another nope from me. I come to this site to read stories about gay girls doing gay things. Not this "pretend lovers" bullshit that needs to be taken out back and shot in the head.

The sex slave thing is just the shit cherry on top.

Images-3
joined Jan 9, 2015

Is this even "dark yuri" if the "dark entity" is a man...? It feels more like dark het with some temporary yuri couples and inevitable suicide or murder of some kind, i dont trust its gonna tell a fulfilling story. I feel it was really nice translation with good editing. Everything read smoothly.

I feel that while i enjoy the "nakige" kind of genre (which is why i clicked originally since emotionally impacting stories can be really amazing sometimes), i'm tired of men being the enemies in yuri manga. My best friend is a guy and i love him a lot, bc of that i feel that it is completely possible for male characters to be written as friends to the lesbian characters and not enemies. I want to see more of that actually hahah.

I feel like my averse reaction to this whole chapter was predictable because it comes across that the first chapter was more for shock value/attention holding if anything ahah....

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Made me feel sick, but I'm intrigued, guess I will have to see how bad it gets for the characters before I decide to call it quits or not.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

BTW, author’s first idea was the love between courtesans in high end brothel. She’s into such things.

... and if decently done that could have been good. I don't feel that every bit of yuri needs to be fluffy, or comedy, or whatever. It's perfectly possible to write interesting things about awful situations that might or might not end awfully too.

I just got zero trust in (particularly) manga authors doing it well. Their track record as a whole with these ideas just sucks (or at least it does to my eyes). And this first chapter and the points it somewhat emphasizes (like that this isn't as bad as her previous life and the ridiculous virginity check) and the points it conveniently ignores (like how the fuck this scheme has any hope of working...) just makes me go "nope, this one's not going to work either".

But who knows. Might be surprised later on if I stick around ^^;

last edited at Dec 30, 2018 5:59AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.