Forum › Caged Lovers discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The tags are accurate enough, but I dunno, they don’t seem to capture a certain piquant je ne sais quoi about this one.

What the fucking depressing fuck? is probably a bit too wordy . . .

at least we haven't crossed into depressing ass fuck territory with this one.

... yet.

But if we find out that’s how the sister died . . .

Alien%209%20kumi
joined Feb 28, 2019

K15 your avatar is +100! Lolz. I love that show, it was just so good.

I just finished chapter 1, pretty confident I know how this will go, but it looks like a gem. IDK how I missed it entirely until now, I do check the front page several times a week :/

Many 'finishing schools for girls' back in the olden days were little more than ways to make 'marriageable young ladies' available for the wealthy. Usually for 'less than perfect' sons of semi-rich families. Hey, life was harsh back then, freedom was this imaginary thing you might get for your children one day. Until then? Do your duty. (that went for the boys too. You think they liked getting sent off to wars or placed in the priesthood? We (you) have come a long was as a (human) race!)

Edit: Ok, Ch.02 got (early) into some of the dark stuff. But that part is highly unrealistic. Just titillation really. Oh well.
Edit: Well Ch.03 gets even stupider... I may have to abandon all hope, but will read it anyhow. Disappointingly...

Late but thank you! Alien 9 is such a hidden gem and I wished there were more fanart of it : (
I'm pretty sure this manga just disappoints and depresses anyone that reads it but that's just what makes you keep reading it, I can't wait till Mio finds out her sister is dead this is gunna be a rocky road

last edited at Jul 11, 2019 9:50PM

joined May 18, 2019

Eh...did Chaosteam dropped this or the hiatus was this long?

joined Jul 23, 2017

I knew checking the comments first was a great move so this one is a no go indeed sadded

ThatdudefromVietNam
T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Jun 23, 2019

Just heard that Chaosteam has dropped this,too bad this is one of my fav :(

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

Just heard that Chaosteam has dropped this,too bad this is one of my fav :(

Yeah they did.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

Manga is currently dropped by chaosteam for whom it may concern due to lack of interest by everyone on the team ( lack of time as well) Thanks for reading so far I guess

last edited at Dec 5, 2019 8:56PM

joined May 18, 2019

Deam it! I hope someone license it or another scanlation group pick it up.

Is only 3 volumes so is really not that long.

yuriforeverandalways
Yuri%202%20copy
joined Feb 14, 2017

WTF is this

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Didn't realize it had gotten dropped, now I'm sad, I wanted to see how this nightmare fuel unfolded. :<

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Didn't realize it had gotten dropped, now I'm sad, I wanted to see how this nightmare fuel unfolded. :<

Same

joined Jan 14, 2020

The implied setting makes me think of Atwood's Handmaid's Tale or the really obscure and defunct PM Magazine. In which case running away might not be an option. OTOH what little we see of the outside world doesn't match up to that.

I was surprised to see in the comments that there are more chapters (that we're not getting unless new translators step up). It seemed to end on a 'fine' dark and disturbing note, nothing resolved and doom implied but all that seemed plausible for a Japanese work.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

This is one of the Yuri manga I keep rereading. I know there could be no meaning to the setting and character designs except for the mangaka's taste. But I love how the girls' uniforms look like it's easier to disrobe them, which when I think about it, adds more "layer" to the miserable state these girls are in. They're just tools for pleasure and status of men.

5f8d1bcd-c5fd-43f2-8711-dcaa2d6450dc
joined Jul 3, 2020

It’s interesting but strange. I’m gonna read the whole thing anyway. It’s sad that this happens in the school..

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

It's such a shame that this isn't fully translated, I really liked this manga personally. Plus it seemed to go on a less depressing and lighter path in the 5th chapter (as for the MC)

Other than that it heavily reminded me of the movie/book Never Let Me Go, the same sad and eery atmosphere around it. And the same kind of fucked up acamedy aha

last edited at Dec 19, 2020 8:08PM

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

I love depressing mangas like this, I'm numb, pain is the only clear feelings I ever felt. Someone please pick this up huhu

joined Jun 19, 2021

Looks like another group picked this back up over on mangadex. Does that mean we'll be seeing it here too again? (Not that it matters, I'm fine with reading on either site)

joined Jul 29, 2022

I dont know how you can read something with bad and dark and how someone can make this story without making suffer all this bad people here in story and finally make her sister escape

To reply you must either login or sign up.