Forum › Hana Ni Arashi discussion

omg gay isnt even that big of a deal nowadays
wincest is where its most exciting

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

"it's dark, no one will see us" -- "our relationship is a secret from everyone"
Jeeeesus... Thank god I don't live like that anymore.
Every chapter is emotionally "hard" to read, the feeling I get every time is that they are living in a prison. It's sad. Seriously, I can't enjoy this :( I really feel bad for them!

I kinda get the feeling this story is going to be driven (in the end) by the conflict of coming out rather than either the usual gay angst or traditional love story conflict like love triangles or just the dance of getting closer. Nanoha's sister knows but with their friends they are finding it harder and harder to conceal their relationship as it develops. Somewhere or somehow it will come out.

That's not to say I think their friends or family will be against it necessarily.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

...with their friends they are finding it harder and harder to conceal their relationship as it develops. Somewhere or somehow it will come out.

That's not to say I think their friends or family will be against it necessarily.

Keep in mind that we, the readers, have seen a side of their friends that the MCs haven't. To Nanoha and Chidori, the impression of their friends' reactions is driven largely by them wanting to make fun of another couple. I think their friends would be upset at them for keeping it secret, and also feel bad for making them feel they had to.

On the other hand, the way some couples end up distancing themselves from their circle of friends once they pair up, I'm kind of glad to see the group of them still hanging out and doing stuff together.

last edited at Dec 9, 2018 12:46AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Keep in mind that we, the readers, have seen a side of their friends that the MCs haven't. To Nanoha and Chidori, the impression of their friends' reactions is driven largely by them wanting to make fun of another couple. I think their friends would be upset at them for keeping it secret, and also feel bad for making them feel they had to.

On the other hand, the way some couples end up distancing themselves from their circle of friends once they pair up, I'm kind of glad to see the group of them still hanging out and doing stuff together.

I think they're mainly hiding it because they're so easily embarrassed. They can barely suppress their blushing from indirect kissing, there's no way they'd be able to handle whatever playful teasing they'd be subjected too (and their friends would certainly tease them, that's just what high school students do when they find out their buddy's got a new girlfriend/boyfriend/whatever).

But also there's probably an element of them being unwilling to disrupt the status quo. Whether they like it or not, it would probably change the dynamic of their friend group.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Kovachi teasing us with this married life that we're never going to get to see-

Though yeah, I'm not really sure where I stand on the whole coming out to the friends bit. On one hand, I think they'd be accepting of them (maybe even a bit annoyed they didn't say anything sooner) but I'm also a little bit afraid the dynamic between them would change too much. They seem like such a good group of friends I don't want to see them drift apart over this. It's honestly almost inevitably gonna happen at this rate anyway cause of the fact that their relationship is just progressing to the point they won't be able to hide it away, but I just hope things will go well when it happens.

joined Jul 26, 2016

No way in Hell their friends don't at the very least suspect something is up with these awkward dorks but they're clearly too nice to start prying into what are obviously private matters...

Nice%20112
joined Feb 11, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hana_ni_arashi_ch28#5
What that's not a cabbage.. it's a Japanese pumpkin

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Uh-oh... you're right. I have no idea why I translated かぼちゃ as cabbage. It's definitely pumpkin. It doesn't even look like a cabbage. It says pumpkin on the menu too.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Uh-oh... you're right. I have no idea why I translated かぼちゃ as cabbage. It's definitely pumpkin. It doesn't even look like a cabbage. It says pumpkin on the menu too.

I trust those responsible will be sacked? :U

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

whines in joy IT'S SO CUUUTE ;_;

Nice%20112
joined Feb 11, 2013

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

What is this abomination! BOILED spinach? Do you hate flavor?!

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

i have been wondering this for a while now, is finger blushing a thing?

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

i have been wondering this for a while now, is finger blushing a thing?

if blood travels to it, it can blush

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

"The two of THEM are dating" WOHOHOHOHO this keeps getting more and more interesting.

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

What is this abomination! BOILED spinach? Do you hate flavor?!

Of course not, why do you think they are boiling it?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I was reading for the cuteness (as usual) first time through and missed the visual, but I did think, “Who has trouble cutting cabbage, and why would microwaving it help?”

Every chapter I think I couldn’t adore these two any more than I already do, and every new chapter proves me wrong.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Remember girls, it's important to learn how to cook, so you can make delicious meals for your man. (Or your tomboy girlfriend, if you swing that way.)

20190101_004014
joined Apr 14, 2017

Remember girls, it's important to learn how to cook, so you can make delicious meals for your man. (Or your tomboy girlfriend, if you swing that way.)

Cooking for just yourself is also important as well. Lol

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

johnb posted:

I can only make pancakes.... VERY GOOD but only pancakes

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

You know, I know it's not that kind of manga, but you could take the title "Their Heat" really wrong.

I'm also not too good at cooking. lol

last edited at Dec 18, 2018 1:07AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Another idiot couple is reborn~

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I also came to comment about the cabbage/kabocha thing. Cutting those will make you take a finger off for real if you don't know what you're doing, haha.

The blush factor was super strong in this one. I've been re-energized for a month.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Adorableeeee

As always

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

When you're so gay even your food overheats.

To reply you must either login or sign up.