Forum › Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru discussion

F2415ecc531434317724c9e867472e75
joined Jul 31, 2018

I'm getting the feeling that Koyuki seems slightly repressed. Like she walks this narrow path and has a lacklustre palette of emotional reaction to certain situations. And to think even her mother was surprised when she started smiling more. Her mother and father getting surprised that she can actually burst in happiness (her success in getting George through the hoop). Or maybe Koyuki just doesn't have that much excitement in her life until Konatsu came.

It makes me happy that she felt so happy that she forgot to hold herself back in public. Ahhh~ Koyuki is just precious. I'm sure Konatsu agrees.

And the looong comfort hug.

joined Nov 2, 2018

Ah my heart

joined Oct 29, 2014

gals being pals

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

Predicting the end right now.
Koyuki graduates, got a lot more confidence thanks to Konatsu and leaves the island to go to university.
There just won't be a romantic end to this manga. I don't feel it. The author has dragged their relationship on forever without much progress, can't see a surprise I love you end.

And that's why this will never be more than a subtext tag.

Edit: without much progress to the relationship, Koyuki has certainly had character development thanks to Konatsu

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 11:29AM

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

Predicting the end right now.
Koyuki graduates, got a lot more confidence thanks to Konatsu and leaves the island to go to university.
There just won't be a romantic end to this manga. I don't feel it. The author has dragged their relationship on forever without much progress, can't see a surprise I love you end.

And that's why this will never be more than a subtext tag.

Edit: without much progress to the relationship, Koyuki has certainly had character development thanks to Konatsu

I also think it may end like that. But! I also hope that there will be an extra page in the last chapter showing that they are living together when they grow up. (An ending which doesn’t show that they are going out but we know that they are going out)
Let’s hope for the yuri end.

Act
joined Jun 9, 2018

Ah! I don't want to get my hopes up. I have gotten baited many times before.

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 12:45PM

joined May 7, 2017

these two adorable dorks brims friendship, they'll be friends for life I'll tell you that

joined May 7, 2017

Hmm, interesting?

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 1:37PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

TifalovesAerith posted:

Hmm, interesting?

You made me check twice...

Now the mother knows too!

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Every time I think, “This will be it. This will be the one that finally levels out and I can accept the subtext.” But every time they just.... fist clench Gay that shit up.

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^The author sure is good at keeping people guessing.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Subtext will only ever be subtext my dudes

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

i thought this happens somewhere in the subtropical end of the country, what's with the scarves and condensing breath

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

God these two make such a good couple. That was one gay ass hug right there, no subtext about it.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Damn, I will have to admit there will no be "I love you" in this manga :(

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

This comments section is kinda bipolar, I wonder which side will triumph in the end.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This comments section is kinda bipolar, I wonder which side will triumph in the end.

The side that enjoys reading this manga? (That’s my side.)

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

I mean everyone is hoping for the Yuri end, no triumph in defeat lol.

Pray to cthulhu that Koyuki grows some internal balls, kabedons the shit out of Konatsu in front of the assembled school and forces her to hold hands

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Well, that's everyone, isn't it? I hope there aren't people who's overall enjoyment of it entirely hinges on how it will end.

@Batzi: Yeah, it wasn't a matter of hopes as much as one of expectations. I'm sure everyone hopes for a full-fledged yuri end, but as you can see, some people are expecting it while others seem already resigned to it not happening. I found it amusing that there were several consecutive posts on opposite sides.

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 3:08PM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's not like an end can undo whatever enjoyment you got out of things before it happens, but a crappy end can easily leave me perpetually sour about a story. It's not necessarily about whether they end up in a relationship or not, but it just needs to make sense and be good.

And there's waaaay too much fiction that fails at being good and does some last minute stupidity. Even when you totally don't expect it.

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 3:15PM

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

Yeah, depends on the Manga. Sometimes it's all about the journey.
Tho I must admit I'm more likely to re-read things that end well.

I liked the journey here at the beginning, but it's starting to get tiresome when progress advances at a snails pace. Add that their school is advancing faster than everything else in this and I think you understand why people would be frustrated. The journey keeps dragging on, only to be cut short by school and leaving the MCs romance in shambles.

And the whole "I had to leave but IOU. Let's start a life after graduating" is sadly an all to common trope. This story would deserve better.

Still like the manga and will continue it till the bitter end

last edited at Nov 29, 2018 3:18PM

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I understand and I also hope things will conclusively develop before Koyuki graduates. Still, there's a year and three months left before that happens and only six months have currently passed in-story and I feel like things have been developing at a nice pace so far. This chapter seems like a pretty important turning point for Koyuki's character if she's come to accept that it's okay to stop putting on an act in front of others, so hopefully from now on she can be more open with Konatsu as well.

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

I understand and I also hope things will conclusively develop before Koyuki graduates. Still, there's a year and three months left before that happens and only six months have currently passed in-story and I feel like things have been developing at a nice pace so far. This chapter seems like a pretty important turning point for Koyuki's character if she's come to accept that it's okay to stop putting on an act in front of others, so hopefully from now on she can be more open with Konatsu as well.

Well if you put it that way ^^
I must admit I'm not all to familiar with the Japanese school system.
What is bothering me: there is nothing keeping them apart except themselves lol.
Literally every other character is shipping them, even their parents. They are stuck in their club room together, alone every school day. What do they even do on weekends? Dream of each other instead of inviting them over during club activities?
And all one of them has to say is "hey, I kinda like being with you".
And as a shy person I know that can be hard, but 6 months! And for 3 months they weren't even sure if the other party like them :')
Hell Konatsu even said that she liked her in the lizard story chapter and Koyuki was still questioning it. what else is she supposed to do girl, jump you?

Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

They did go on that almost-date on the cat island during summer break and to the town festival afterwards. They also text each other frequently although it doesn't seem like they regularly hang out on weekends. I guess that they're busy with schoolwork since they spend every afternoon on weekdays at the aquarium club, which is where they're together most of the time. Personally, I hope one of their next steps is going out once casually without the pretense of club activities. Also, since next chapter releases January 26th (a painful wait that's going to be) and this one kinda had early Christmas elements, I wonder if it might be set around Valentine's Day.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What is bothering me: there is nothing keeping them apart except themselves lol.

Like most couples who aren’t couples yet. Not being confident in yourself and not knowing how the other person feels and being kind of scared to find out is a lot more common than being from rival feuding families or being forced into an arranged marriage.

Especially in high school.

To reply you must either login or sign up.