Forum › Hero-san and Former General-san discussion

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

the best tokusatsu love story ever told?

That'll always be Samurai Flamenco in my heart, but this can have second place.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

My body is ready

last edited at Nov 21, 2018 12:56PM

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I like it, but a couple things bothered me:

1. The prologue made it seem as though Rabbit and Honey had a long history of being hero and villain to each other, but then in the actual story it seemed as though that was their first encounter. It seemed like, in their time knowing each other, Honey went from villain to crime fighting partner in the blink of an eye. I feel like that kind of cheapens the dynamic.

2. Rabbit learns about Honey being fired and her alternate identity immediately. I thought it would've been fun to see Honey try to seduce Rabbit while Rabbit either thinks that she's still her enemy, or Rabbit doesn't realize that the person flirting with her is actually honey in disguise.

It just makes me wonder why they started as hero and villain when they could have been Hero partners from the beginning and had almost the exact same dynamic. I guess you could say it was just for the gag of her turning her back on her organization for someone she fell in love with at first sight, but she didn't really. Her boss fired her and sent an assassin after her. So it wasn't really by choice even.

Anyways, that's just me completely over-analyzing a story that I've only read a single chapter of. I still liked it, and the story still has a lot more opportunity to expand on the plot points later down the road, so it's not really much of an issue.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

On a more positive note, the costume design is super good. Detailed and has lots of character. I especially like Honey's normal villain clothes.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, this definitely feels like the author is planning to make it very short, maybe just one volume long at the most, or it wouldn't be rushing this fast to set it up.
On the other hand, I honestly prefer a fast pace to a story that drags on, and the hero is still unaware that she's in the kind of manga where everyone's a lesbian.
Also, it might not be intentional, but it's pretty much a tokusatsu tradition that the first episode crams in as much as possible, and then slows down a bit for the rest of the series.

The suit design is very cool, too.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Nice, nice, this looks real nice.

Evil Overlords get no respect these days.

DoctorStrangelove
System-shock-shodan-featured
joined Mar 22, 2018

This looks pretty good

joined Jan 8, 2016

I...LOVE this.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Rabbit learns about Honey being fired and her alternate identity immediately. I thought it would've been fun to see Honey try to seduce Rabbit while Rabbit either thinks that she's still her enemy, or Rabbit doesn't realize that the person flirting with her is actually honey in disguise.

Well this is the story it is. There are plenty others with that same plot you said (not Yuri though) so... Its ok if some stories have different settings, otherwise it would be reading the exact same thing again and again.

last edited at Nov 21, 2018 1:24PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Yes. I want this.

joined Jul 26, 2018

Great start, looking forward the next chapter.

is it just me or the hero costume looks a lot like nirvash (Eureka Seven)?

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

Villian-turned-hero is always a fun trope to see.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This is exactly like we needed! some fresh shonen yuri battle kaiju sentai action loool

joined Sep 13, 2018

This looks super cute! I really like the protagonist, plucky hero types are real good imho. Also the way the overlord's plot backfired so massively was funny. I'm curious to see where it'll go

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I feel like I've been waiting for this my entire life.

joined May 11, 2018

My insides are screaming in delight!! Yesss! Fighting! Armor! An adorable hero! A sexy villain! A chance!

joined Jul 30, 2014

I'm just lost for words. "lol" seems to fit, but lacks sophistication.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Everyone's summed it up. Fun and refreshing, but boy does it need to slow down.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

I don't really fault this first chapter for being fast. The author is just getting us up to speed for the story they want to tell - that being "incorruptible pure hero and extremely gay former villain fight crime". Now that we've got the exposition out of the way, we can slow down and appreciate the good stuff.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

...not sure what I just read, but it was entertaining enough for to make me to look forward to the next installment.

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

Noice

joined Aug 2, 2016

pagina 25: ah perro traes el omnitrix

The_Crossed_Savior
joined Sep 23, 2015

Superhero yuri. Now that is an itch I haven't had scratched in a long time, since Gamma, pretty much. ^^

SO GLAD SOMEONE SAID IT. Superhero Yuri is my kryptonite. (Pun intended)

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

When I read the synopsis I was kind of hoping it'd be something more like D.E.B.S where the hero and villain are dating one the side while still rivals/enemies in their "professional" lives, but they just ended up on the same side within the first chapter. Hopefully Honey's villainous inclinations haven't totally disappeared, cause that would give them an interesting dynamic. Anyway this still seems like a lot of fun and it's pretty unique, so I'm eager for more. There's only so much high school drama you can read before the stories kind of start to run together >_>

Ephemeral Dreamer
Chikariko05
joined Aug 27, 2015

So I guess you could say that the evil organisations general was...
Honey Trapped ; )

To reply you must either login or sign up.