Forum › A Room For Two discussion

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

serious question for you guys, would you have a girlfriend as affectionate as sakurako? i feel like in real life it'll be a bit suffocating to be in a relationship like that considering how clingy she is.

Keeping me fed > clingy
Smart and can talk about many things> clingy
Will most likely end up doting on me for the rest of my life > clingy
Probably will end up wanting me her throphy wife> clingy

So, yeap. Give me Sakurako

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

Every chapter they become more and more like a married couple.
Wish homosexual marriage was allowed in Japan.

But it is ok to marry inanimate objects there it seems. A man just recently married a hologram of a I think vocaloid.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

But it is ok to marry inanimate objects there it seems. A man just recently married a hologram of a I think vocaloid.

marriage is overrated.

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

marriage is overrated.

Sure, marriage is nice as it makes everything 'official' and there are legal benefits attached to it... But there are also plenty of people who are happy enough with their lifepartner(s) to not need it (the so-called 'common law marriage').

joined Jul 26, 2016

Then again "gay marriage" is generally a whole lot less about the assorted rituals and whatnot (it's not like a lot of straight couples are big on those either, hence civil unions or just skipping the brouhaha etc.) and specifically about that legal recognition. Which is kind of a big deal both practically (property rights, related taxation etc. to speak nothing of any children that might be involved) and symbolically (equal standing under the law etc.).

Also common-law marriage is not the same as cohabitation. It's an actual legal status and, as you can guess from the name, basically specific to common law countries (in practice meaning the former British Empire).

last edited at Nov 15, 2018 4:50AM

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I thought common-law marriage was a Commonwealth term for civil union.

yuri 4-koma: surprisingly educational

6bf226425af0
joined Dec 5, 2016

The last time I checked it had "subtext" tag instead "yuri". So now it worth reading?

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

The last time I checked it had "subtext" tag instead "yuri". So now it worth reading?

It was always worth reading. The relationship just got blatant enough that the people who put tags on things finally had to admit the truth.

joined Jan 6, 2017

It has been worth reading since the beginning. The main characters are not a couple nor have they had ane sort of "I'm in love with this girl" moment, but the series is really good and fluffy.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

That was some high level manipulation on Kasumi's part there, completely exploiting Sakurako's affection.
She must have read that psychology book more than we could see.

Aw, even Hinako acknowledges that it's mutual. The "which one are you jealous of" comment was pretty nice too~

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I can't ship them anymore than I do right now. I'm happily tired.
Get married soon, you two.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

They got married, started dating, and have all but confessed their feelings for each other. In that order.

6bf226425af0
joined Dec 5, 2016

The main characters are not a couple
They got married, started dating
started dating
are not a couple

So whom I should believe? And about "it was worth reading all along", 'subtext' is not my thing, that usually leads to nothing and ends resolving nothing. Just my opinion.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...at this point it'd probably be faster to just read the damn thing yourself and form your own opinion, really. Certainly takes less time than waiting for (possibly conflicting) opinions and not like it costs anything but a bit of your time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

joined Jan 6, 2017

started dating
are not a couple

So whom I should believe? And about "it was worth reading all along", 'subtext' is not my thing, that usually leads to nothing and ends resolving nothing. Just my opinion.

The manga is very gay. They are basically a married couple, the manga just hasn't confirmed an actual relationship between them. But technically one of them confessed (the moon is beautiful).
Also: in the latest chapter they held hands at the cinema, they sleep next to each other, one of them is clingy, people acknowledge that there's something between them, etc. They've even kissed once or twice.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

started dating
are not a couple

The manga is very gay. They are basically a married couple, the manga just hasn't confirmed an actual relationship between them. But technically one of them confessed (the moon is beautiful).
Also: in the latest chapter they held hands at the cinema, they sleep next to each other, one of them is clingy, people acknowledge that there's something between them, etc. They've even kissed once or twice.

Not to mention when Sakurako's mom came to school and met Kasumi. Or the entirety of chapter 39, while we're at it.

last edited at Nov 15, 2018 3:13PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

started dating
are not a couple

Not to mention when Sakurako's mom came to school and met Kasumi. Or the entirety of chapter 39, while we're at it.

Ah yes. The mums are gay for each other.

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

I love how when something is tagged as subtext, the comments are all about how gay the MCs are, but when it’s changed to yuri, it changes to how they’re not gay at all.

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

I love how when something is tagged as subtext, the comments are all about how gay the MCs are, but when it’s changed to yuri, it changes to how they’re not gay at all.

It's the new people who usually complains. Like, the people who were already reading it are like "yay! Friggin finally!" And the people who are just hunting for yuri tags suddely see this seemingly "new" yuri manga they had "missed" somehow , so they start reading it and it's pretty slow for their standards.

I have "read" up to the new chapters in Japanese, and trust me, this is gay but it may be "too slow" for the newbies

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It seems build up and pacing towards a relationship are dead in this short attention span society.
Or I just wanted to say something pretentious. Not gonna flip that coin~

last edited at Nov 15, 2018 5:12PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

torukoseki posted:

I thought it's already legal in japan https://youtu.be/9lQL8VDpxiA

I don't remember exact details, but only few districts in Tokyo passed law that allows for same sex couples to enter civil union (or whichever term it was) and those certificates are not honored anywhere else, so if you do go for it, you're pretty much tied only to those few places. So for all intents and purposes, gay marriage still doesn't exist in Japan. I decided to fake a marriage with my junior (♀️) to shut my parents up, actually even uses it as plot point.

About subtext. I understand why people want to have clear confirmation and are afraid when things are left ambiguous (anime/manga has really bad track record with this), but to me subtext (ideal) means that there is text, it is just very subtle. That being said there is nothing subtle about those two relationship. You won't convince me that is how friends behave.

last edited at Nov 15, 2018 5:31PM

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

torukoseki posted:

I don't remember exact details, but only few districts in Tokyo passed law that allows for same sex couples to enter civil union (or whichever term it was) and those certificates are not honored anywhere else, so if you do go for it, you're pretty much tied only to those few places. So for all intents and purposes, gay marriage still doesn't exist in Japan. I decided to fake a marriage with my junior (♀️) to shut my parents up, actually even uses it as plot point.

That is the exact same thing the video said..

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

heimdall posted:

torukoseki posted:

That is the exact same thing the video said..

Yea, I only watched entire thing once I posted and was surprised it covered all of this. I thought torukoseki was using it as prove that gay marriage is already a thing in Japan, but if they only meant very limited civil union, then sure I guess.

last edited at Nov 15, 2018 8:57PM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I'm surprised nobody has commented on that scene in the movies where Kasumi made the initiative to grab Sakarako's hand. It's one of the only times we have ever seen Kasumi instigate physical affection. Usually it's Sakurako who is all over Kasumi. It's cute that Kasumi has started reciprocating.

last edited at Nov 17, 2018 12:22AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I'm surprised nobody has commented on that scene in the movies where Kasumi made the initiative to grab Sakarako's hand. It's one of the only times we have ever seen Kasumi instigate physical affection. Usually it's Sakurako who is all over Kasumi. It's cute that Kasumi has started reciprocating.

It even looked like she was a bit annoyed that Sakurako wouldn't do it on her own lol
Also she kept watching her instead of the movie~

To reply you must either login or sign up.