Forum › A Room For Two discussion

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I thought the "the moon is beautiful" thing was a reference to the Hachi Itou series. lol
Also, I noticed Sakurako and Kasumi's teacher looks like a younger Kuzuki, especially when Kuzuki has glasses on.

last edited at Nov 8, 2018 12:09AM

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

I thought the "the moon is beautiful" thing was a reference to the Hachi Itou series. lol

Same! I thought that way she checked whether Kasumi is gay and reads a lot of yuri, but dang, that's not it.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I can't tell, if there is actual romantic tension between Kasumi and Sakurako, or I'm just looking through my yuri goggles, and seeing what I want to see.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Also, I noticed Sakurako and Kasumi's teacher looks like a younger Kuzuki, especially when Kuzuki has glasses on.

Negative. The Hachi Itou series is a reference to the older concept previously mentioned. Essentially, that entire series is titled "I love you."

joined Jan 28, 2016

I can't tell, if there is actual romantic tension between Kasumi and Sakurako, or I'm just looking through my yuri goggles, and seeing what I want to see.

They are passed the point of romantic tension and are practically a married couple who have done every gay thing imaginable to each other than actual sex. The author describes them as "extremely close friends", but I feel like it's done to avoid being labeled as a true Yuri series for whatever reason the author, editor or publisher need it to be. Hell, they are closer to each other than a majority of yuri couples.

If it's your yuri goggles acting up , well my friend you are in good company because nearly everybody here sees them as a couple nowadays. That Yuri tag that replaced the Subtext tag a couple months back is proof of that.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

They are passed the point of romantic tension and are practically a married couple who have done every gay thing imaginable to each other than actual sex. The author describes them as "extremely close friends", but I feel like it's done to avoid being labeled as a true Yuri series for whatever reason the author, editor or publisher need it to be. Hell, they are closer to each other than a majority of yuri couples.

If it's your yuri goggles acting up , well my friend you are in good company because nearly everybody here sees them as a couple nowadays. That Yuri tag that replaced the Subtext tag a couple months back is proof of that.

Going off from what little i know about marketing, yuri might still have some stigma atached to it and labeling it as "not yuri" has it be more popular or whatever.
It could also be that other yuri things have come out and they are doing this to distance themslefs from it to not eat the negative compairson.
The most simple answer would be this is what this author thinks girl friends are like.
And if all else fails its just a way to troll people because trolling people is funny.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Sakurako basically just made a direct romantic confession to Kasumi in chapter 32. As people here have already mentioned, "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" is a line that's directly associated with romantic implications in Japanese, due to it being a reference to the (unconfirmed) teachings of a famous writer. Sakurako's mention of, "I guess you don't know that one," is just further confirmation that she was alluding to the reference and not actually talking about the moon being beautiful.

At this point I'd say it's outright undeniable that Sakurako has romantic feelings for Kasumi. From my point of view, it seems like Kasumi is still slowly cluing in to just what her relationship with Sakurako has exactly become however.

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

At this point the author is just messing with me
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch32#2

Edit: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=31081341

last edited at Nov 8, 2018 4:00AM

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

At this point I'd say it's outright undeniable that Sakurako has romantic feelings for Kasumi. From my point of view, it seems like Kasumi is still slowly cluing in to just what her relationship with Sakurako has exactly become however.

Yeah, like when Kasumi reads Sakurako's psychology book and realizes they have a lot of matching items just like couples do. Although, Kasumi has already said she wants to marry Sakurako, so... take it as you wish.

last edited at Nov 8, 2018 4:15AM

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Oh wait these gal pals aren't in college yet?

think I saw some spoilers going around where they choose to live together on the college campus

Also damn, Sakurako is thirsty as fuck. Kasumi only has food on her mind so I suppose it would take her more than just a push to realize that she and sakurako are in fact super yuri pals.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

^*super yuri pals with benefits.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Yeah, like when Kasumi reads Sakurako's psychology book and realizes they have a lot of matching items just like couples do. Although, Kasumi has already said she wants to marry Sakurako, so... take it as you wish.

That's pretty much how I see it as well. Sakurako is head over heals in love with Kasumi and not just as friends. We see her constantly thinking about how attractive Kasumi is and she is even quite aggressive when it comes to physical affection. For instance she strait up kissed/mauled Kasumi that one time when she was drunk.

Kasumi on the other hand shows no signs of of sexual interest in Sakurako or anyone else for that matter. She really is just completely apathetic in that regard. We've never even seen her so much as have a passing thought that another person is good looking let alone act on it.

I think it can however be said that if there is anyone in the world she could have a romantic inclination towards, it's Sakurako. It's hard to tell since Kasumi has such a chill personality to begin with, but she appears to be either asexual or just has a very minimal sex drive. It is highly unusual for a highschool aged girl to show no interest at all in romance and dating or even just casual attraction for that matter. It is however clear she really does love Kasumi even if the signs suggest it might only be platonic.

last edited at Nov 8, 2018 9:52AM

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

The Kohai pair is gay, but Sakurako and Kasumi outgay them in every possible way

They pretty much out gay every lesbian pair no matter what series it is.

Agree 1000000%. They unconsciously do gay things without ever worrying about “but we’re both girls, it’s weird.” No one could possibly outgay Sakurako and Kasumi, but I’d say Nanofate and Chidori/Nanoha are on par with them

Well hell, They have a more intimate relationship than a lot of official couples in other series. They sleep together they take baths together they are very physical with each other touching or cuddling up. Kasumi evan walks around their place naked like its a normal thing.

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

I think what is throwing people off is they are a yuri couple who has adopted a very traditional japanese het type of relationship. Kasumi being the working husband who buys their wife things she wants or needs ( like the oven thing for Sakurako birthday that she wanted and Kasumi bought Sakurako her phone.) and comforts her and Sakurako is the traditional housewife taking care of the home and her husband's needs.

Apparently there is a earlier version of the series that was full yuri but the publishers for this version at least initially didn't want it to be a actual yuri series. Though it seems that no longer holds true as the author is working it more and more to being a yuri series.

Sakurako is pretty much open about her feelings towards Kasumi and that she is a lesbian as she has also shown a attraction towards other women besides Kasumi though not romantic feelings. Kasumi has shown she has feelings for Sakurako at various times though on a more subdued level.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"The next time we move, I'll buy us a sofa"

Is it Sakurako saying that? Because the one with personal income as of now would be Kasumi.
Either way, said as if it's settled, and I love that.

joined Feb 18, 2015

This page [https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch32#13] is a major milestone in the manga. Kasumi had made comments about marrying Sakurako before and about wanting to live with her, but those always seemed food driven as opposed to being specifically because of her attraction to Sakurako. But after buying her the matching necklace, then reading the section of Sakurako's psychology book about matching items being a way of expressing affection she has an "AHA!" moment, realizing that they have naturally collected matching items the entire time they've been living together without even thinking about it. In other words, she realized that they've been falling in love this entire time. So she fully understands her feelings now, as opposed to thinking she's motivated by food and convenience.

This leads to the semi-confession in the next chapter when the classmates ask her what her type is and she describes Sakurako, followed by the entirely unsubtle, full-blown confession by Sakurako, not that she hadn't already done the whole "Isn't the moon beautiful" thing earlier...

joined Jul 31, 2013

The author's pixiv seems to be unbridled (well, almost) yuri of the pair, so that says something.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Since when is this yuri? I wouldn't even call it subtext.

This is just cute girls doing shit.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Since when is this yuri? I wouldn't even call it subtext.

This is just cute girls doing shit.

I hope that's sarcasm

joined Sep 1, 2017

The Kohai pair is gay, but Sakurako and Kasumi outgay them in every possible way

They pretty much out gay every lesbian pair no matter what series it is.

Agree 1000000%. They unconsciously do gay things without ever worrying about “but we’re both girls, it’s weird.” No one could possibly outgay Sakurako and Kasumi, but I’d say Nanofate and Chidori/Nanoha are on par with them

Well hell, They have a more intimate relationship than a lot of official couples in other series. They sleep together they take baths together they are very physical with each other touching or cuddling up. Kasumi evan walks around their place naked like its a normal thing.

That's just it. There is 0 sexual tension between the two of them. I'd expect at least some shy blushing.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I don't think either of them is the blushing type.

joined Sep 1, 2017

My point is, there seems to be no physical attraction, between Sakurako and Kasumi.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

For one moment I was impressed by Sakurako's subtle confession using the literary "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" line. So impressed!
And then I remembered who we are dealing with.

Subtlety can also be used as a hammer in this case.

My point is, there seems to be no physical attraction, between Sakurako and Kasumi.

Yeah, if we ignore every single time Sakurako said that she thinks Kasumi is pretty, beautiful and her type. That she basically fell in love with her on first sight etc. I guess that doesn't count as physical attraction to you? What about their constant casual skinship that goes way beyond what friends or even family do? They don't need to feel embarrassed about it or get aroused to have intimate physical moments.

And even if they really had no sexual tension.... what's wrong with that? Asexual people exist, but they are still able to love each other.

last edited at Nov 8, 2018 5:40PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I would have thought the recent chapter showing Kasumi jealousy (She just killed a virtual cat for that !) or her needing Sakurakoness charge to function properly, or her asking telling Sakurako mom she wouldn't mind taking her daughter as a wife, would put the notion that she consider Sakurako like just some kind of food dispenser too rest.

And really, if Kasumi acted like that all the time :https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch29#10 Sakurako would probably die of heart attack at this point, and we can't have that yet

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

So I guess it's still as subtle as air... )) subtle yuri breaks my hard yuri heart )

To reply you must either login or sign up.