Forum › Tsurezure Biyori discussion

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

is there gonna be actually Yuri trought? So far we are getting really "in the face" subtext and the snore is real.

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

I really liked what this series has to offer. I don't feel like you always have to have constant declarations of love, kissing and hand holding for it to work. Sometimes subtext, when done right, can do much better job than actual yuri-tagged series. "Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru" is another good example of "subtext done right" along with this series. Some times slow and sweet is just what's needed.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, it's a slice of life manga, cute and all and the two main obviously have feelings for each other.

But atm, it doesn't deserve the yuri tag, much like "Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru" which has only "subtext".

Unless something happens down the line that I'm not aware of, I don't see why this one has it and not the other. At the moment it only deserves subtext or yuri crush.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

so are gonna talk about the fact this is tagged as Yuri and this it's not? This is subtext at the best, when the teachers showed up I thought was gonna have some development among themselves buuuutttttttt..... it's a snoozefest

last edited at Jul 8, 2018 10:44AM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

so are gonna talk about the fact this is tagged as Yuri and this it's not? This is subtext at the best, when the teachers showed up I thought was gonna have some development among themselves buuuutttttttt..... it's a snoozefest

I guess it is tagged yuri because it runs in Yuri Hime.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I guess it is tagged yuri because it runs in Yuri Hime.

Well I heard Hanigare runs in some sort of yuri magazine too, but regardless where is published, Hanigare it's 1054895417 times more yuri than this, but this site tags as subtext, and this Snoozefest it's yuri?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh, good, a Yuri vs. Subtext tag war—those are always so delightfully informative and productive.

Maybe we can get a threesome going with Yuri crush.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Oh, good, a Yuri vs. Subtext tag war—those are always so delightfully informative and productive.

Maybe we can get a threesome going with Yuri crush.

Psh, everything should just be tagged as Gal Pals.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

In this instance, the staff tagged this yuri because Yuri Hime.

It's like you'd tag "Shounen" something published in Shounen Jump: it's a no brainer.

I still don't quite agree this is actually yuri, but since there's a sound reason, I'll have to accept it.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Wow, this is uuuultra cozy.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

It's like you'd tag "Shounen" something published in Shounen Jump: it's a no brainer.

I still don't quite agree this is actually yuri, but since there's a sound reason, I'll have to accept it.

nisekoi was publised on the shonen jump just saying

last edited at Jul 9, 2018 5:32AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

people saying Hanigare is gay sigh

Psh, everything should just be tagged as Gal Pals.

indeed hanigare is like amanchu they´re clearly gal being pals

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

nisekoi was publised on the shonen jump just saying

And? Nisekoi is a romantic comedy. It isn't incompatible with being tagged Shounen, The MC being a shounen and the target demographic being shounens.

last edited at Jul 9, 2018 7:06AM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Incorrect, you didn't get my point. This is a two weights two measures thing, Hanigare has way more evidences than this title and it's subtext, but this one it's a full-blown yuri, what's the reasoning? Logic? You either tag both as yuri or as subtext other than that it's unreasonable

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Incorrect, you didn't get my point. This is a two weights two measures thing, Hanigare has way more evidences than this title and it's subtext, but this one it's a full-blown yuri, what's the reasoning? Logic? You either tag both as yuri or as subtext other than that it's unreasonable

I get your point perfectly, which has nothing to do with mine. By trying to do away with no-man’s-land—the disputed boundary between yuri and subtext—you are engaging in the war while asserting that I am incorrect that there is a war.

I don’t care at all whether either one or both of these stories is tagged one way or the other; I’m also perfectly comfortable with the fact that the labels “yuri” and “subtext” (like all genre categories at their boundaries) are inevitably ambiguous, context-dependent, and not subject to objective measurement.

I hope the discussion ends with a consensus agreement about the correct tag to everyone’s satisfaction; it will be the first such I have seen.

last edited at Jul 9, 2018 1:09PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I just treat the two tags as interchangeable and call it a day.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I just treat the two tags as interchangeable and call it a day.

No shi*t. At least we can be grateful this place wants nothing to do with ‘shoujo ai.’ We’d never hear the end of it.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

I hope the discussion ends with a consensus agreement about the correct tag to everyone’s satisfaction; it will be the first such I have seen.

Not happening, admins of this site refute facts, Love Live Sunshine it's at the very least subtext and by the way I suggested a change, but my suggestion got declined because, you know LLS it's clearly Het; Maho Girls PreCure it's yuri, and for sure my suggestion would also be declined where talking about another Het manga after all.

I really wanted to understanding their reasoning for these decisions.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Really like this manga. The art is good, subtext is strong n sweet. I like that it does not shy away from showing the character's love for each other as opposed to some other slice of life manga. Definitely a plus.

last edited at Jul 10, 2018 12:31PM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

This is adorable and cozy and I want it to go on forever.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I want polyamoury with the teacher

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

You know, Nanaya has a great chest.

joined Apr 18, 2018

This ain't no snoozefest. Some people just can't appreciate good shit and their head are probably up there somewhere below their ass. Plus, this is yuri, all right, but we got more dumbass not having an ass by saying it isn't.

last edited at Jul 28, 2018 6:53PM

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

Ahhhhhh love Haru x Fuyu so much. And they are like Mado x Homu which is good. ><

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Gosh I just want poly here with the teachers and cousin....

To reply you must either login or sign up.