ForumTsurezure Biyori discussion

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Yay they still release chapters! Aaaaaaand I'm crying....... Didn't expect it to get this feelsy, stuuuupid nanaya and her love and niceness!

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Are the Japanese so sexist, that they would make a child cook, just because she is the only "woman" in the house. Man, That's just disgusting. She just lost her mom, and now you're going to force her to learn to cook. Slap that jerk of a father, and tell him get his bitch ass in that kitchen, and cook for his family. I bet she will get stuck doing all the household chores too.

last edited at Feb 11, 2019 1:22AM

arandommangareader
joined Nov 10, 2018

Mah hart, mha sole ;_;.

arandommangareader
joined Nov 10, 2018

Are the Japanese so sexist, that they would make a child cook, just because she is the only "woman" in the house. Man, That's just disgusting. She just lost her mom, and now you're going to force her to learn to cook. Slap that jerk of a father, and tell him get his bitch ass in that kitchen, and cook for his family. I bet she will get stuck doing all the household chores too.

Eh? Was her mom not the only adult in her family at that time? Back at ch9 she told the black hair girl her mom passed away when she was a kid and had 2 younger siblings to take care of, she didn't say anything about her father.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Are the Japanese so sexist

Yes

Singfuture
joined Nov 1, 2018

Was her mom not the only adult in her family at that time?

Page 24: "Minori's dad will probably be mad at me..."

They'd probably have moved into foster care if there were no adults left in the family, right? No way an elementary schooler would be left to look after two younger siblings on her own. Maybe the dad gets home from work too late to cook for the younger kids?

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Nanaya is wearing a shirt that says "fantastic girl" on it. Appropriate.

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

They'd probably have moved into foster care if there were no adults left in the family, right? No way an elementary schooler would be left to look after two younger siblings on her own. Maybe the dad gets home from work too late to cook for the younger kids?

Probably. If there is one thing those Japanese are known for, not including all the weird stuff, is that they have work lives that can regularly work them to death. The dad's hours could very well be insane, and he would have to get a different job if he had to be back in time to make his children supper.

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

This isn't Yuri remove the tag

arandommangareader
joined Nov 10, 2018

Ah right, that happens when you skipped page too fast, lol.

Screenshot_2020-07-21%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20school%20zone%20ch27
joined Apr 20, 2013

CozyCreature12 posted:

What the fuck is wrong with you lol, go read hentai... They sex in the first chapter, oh wait, you don't like ecchi either, it's only yuri when they kiss and nothing more, nothing less for you.

last edited at Feb 11, 2019 10:38AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

MUH TAGWARS

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

CozyCreature12 posted:

What the fuck is wrong with you lol, go read hentai... They sex in the first chapter,

Well, to be fair, they don’t intertwine until Chapter 6.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Okay, we all know it's pointless to bring up the old yuri/subtext discussion all over again, so let's not go there.

But I was really wondering, does anyone know how many chapters are there left, and if it's finished or still running? I'd like to know if there are any significant romantic developments in the upcoming chapters, so I don't get my hopes up.

Screenshot_2020-07-21%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20school%20zone%20ch27
joined Apr 20, 2013

cecile posted:

Okay, we all know it's pointless to bring up the old yuri/subtext discussion all over again, so let's not go there.

But I was really wondering, does anyone know how many chapters are there left, and if it's finished or still running? I'd like to know if there are any significant romantic developments in the upcoming chapters, so I don't get my hopes up.

It comes monthly, I'm pretty sure we're up to date with Japan, but if you want to feel safe, this is released in Yuri Hime magazine

last edited at Feb 11, 2019 1:22PM

Vala
joined Jan 13, 2019

'-'

2907c083-0dd4-444e-9553-7f727ca18b50
joined Jan 25, 2019

Nana is the women of my life

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Just found this and holy shit I'm in love. From the first chapter, I couldn't stop reading. The art is literally stunning (I stopped multiple times just to stare at all the techniques the artist used), interactions are very organic, and the characters are adorable. It felt very gay from the first chapter, but I can see why some people are crying subtext. Thing is, I've watched a lot of subtext shit in my day and this ain't it. Someone earlier said this is like a bad version of Yuru Yuri, and that amused me because I thought the exact opposite just a few chapters in.

This feels more mature and like real-life style of comedy versus pure humor. I lost interest in Yuru Yuri because nothing ever happened and it was just these girls uselessly pining after each other with no payoff. Tsuzure Biyori seems to be going somewhere. Every chapter creates new narrative threads. some of which have already payed off. The continuity is actually important here. All the characters are unique without needing dumb anime hair to prove it. This story is heartwarming and wholesome and is going straight to my favorites. Mafuyu is my favorite.

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

CozyCreature12 posted:

What the fuck is wrong with you lol, go read hentai... They sex in the first chapter, oh wait, you don't like ecchi either, it's only yuri when they kiss and nothing more, nothing less for you.

Yeah, exactly, more like if there is some signal that show Yuri...this is only a common SUBTEXT that only goes in friendship and no more...This could make at the end, a very disappointed feel, besides, I read 6 to 7 chapters and there is no sign of nothing...I can judge, because I READ
And what sex are you talking about? I read everything and there is nothing

last edited at Feb 11, 2019 9:42PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I know that for me, the desire to use my friends as a body pillow is a sure sign of friendship. And all my friends use a picture of our sleeping friends for our lock screen.

It’s why we all have so many phones—one for each sleeping-friend lock screen.

last edited at Feb 11, 2019 10:23PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Probably. If there is one thing those Japanese are known for, not including all the weird stuff, is that they have work lives that can regularly work them to death. The dad's hours could very well be insane, and he would have to get a different job if he had to be back in time to make his children supper.

I don't care how much the dad works It's both unfair and unwise to put an elementary schooler in charge of making dinner for the family, especially one with no experience cooking.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I don't care how much the dad works It's both unfair and unwise to put an elementary schooler in charge of making dinner for the family, especially one with no experience cooking.

"Unfair and unwise" would be a pretty apt summary of the traditional Japanese personnel management policy discussed in this context.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Just found this and holy shit I'm in love. From the first chapter, I couldn't stop reading. The art is literally stunning (I stopped multiple times just to stare at all the techniques the artist used), interactions are very organic, and the characters are adorable. It felt very gay from the first chapter, but I can see why some people are crying subtext. Thing is, I've watched a lot of subtext shit in my day and this ain't it. Someone earlier said this is like a bad version of Yuru Yuri, and that amused me because I thought the exact opposite just a few chapters in.

This feels more mature and like real-life style of comedy versus pure humor. I lost interest in Yuru Yuri because nothing ever happened and it was just these girls uselessly pining after each other with no payoff. Tsuzure Biyori seems to be going somewhere. Every chapter creates new narrative threads. some of which have already payed off. The continuity is actually important here. All the characters are unique without needing dumb anime hair to prove it. This story is heartwarming and wholesome and is going straight to my favorites. Mafuyu is my favorite.

^^^^^
Exactly this. I agree so much.
I’ve read the chapter where they held hands and took pictures of each others and I just started crying — I know, sounds lame, but the way it’s depicted and their internal monologue, how they care for each others. It’s wonderful.
The next hugging chapter got to me too, this is exactly what I needed. Emotional and genuine friendship with yuri vibes.

All of the people who said it’s a snoozefest really can’t appreciate quality. It’s better to have proper build up and then whatever yuri may come next, but to be fair, I’m also hoping for the kisses and such, because without kisses it feels.. unfinished and vexing. Hope you all know what i mean...

joined Apr 19, 2017

CozyCreature12 posted:

Subtext and yuri are two different things. Hes not asking for explicit hentai, thats the point of the NSFW tag. This series though, albeit good, has no true relationships, other than hinted ones, making it subtext. I understand there is a tinge of ignorance within you over yuri and subtext (which isnt bad) but that really doesnt warrant you being a dick to other users

To reply you must either login or sign up.