Forum › Kase-san discussion

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Friendly reminder, the OVA Engsub's out. You can find it on nyaa.
I literally cried during the last part. Mah heart ;;w;;

joined Jun 12, 2015

Really good OVA. I want more now.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

How much of the series does the OVA cover? All in all, it seemed to tell a pretty complete story, or at least the first part of it…

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 5:05PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

How much of the series does the OVA cover? All in all, it seemed to tell a pretty complete story, or at least the first part of it…

It covers Bento, Shortcake/Lemongrass, Sandy Beach, and Sunset, leaving out some bits like Inoue-senpai for the sake of pacing.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

What is nyaa?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Vankomycin posted:

What is nyaa?

nyaa.si

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Ah, torrents. Haven't done that in approximately forever.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

It covers Bento, Shortcake/Lemongrass, Sandy Beach, and Sunset, leaving out some bits like Inoue-senpai for the sake of pacing.

I see, thanks. Now that I can compare, I like how how the OVA enhanced the scene of Kase sniffing Yamada's bed. XD That look of bliss was perfect. Wonder why they removed her tan though.

kasesniff

kasebliss

joined Mar 21, 2017

Though I'm not sure if Yamada changing her university choice just to be with Kase is really touching or really stupid on her part. Well, if said university fits her choice of career it's fine I guess…

Anyway, I'll have a smile plastered on my face for the rest of the day. =3

It feels better in the manga due to extra dialogue

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I see, thanks. Now that I can compare, I like how how the OVA enhanced the scene of Kase sniffing Yamada's bed. XD That look of bliss was perfect. Wonder why they removed her tan though.

Because being tanned is associated with gyarus, Okinawans and more generally with peasants, ie low class/wild people.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Because being tanned is associated with gyarus, Okinawans and more generally with peasants, ie low class/wild people.

That, and it probably saves a bit of work for the coloring team on the anime staff.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Well, they have to color her either way… Maybe a darker brown didn't mesh very well the rest of the color palette though, I don't know.

joined Jun 19, 2018

The English print volume 4 has a lot more changes than the previous one.
In addition to new stuff, a lot of panels were redone.
I just saw the new chapter translated (check it if you want to read it too) and OMG, OMG OOOOOOMMMMMGGGGGGG I LOVE IT, I JUST FUCK*NG LOVE IT. THIS IS THE END OF THE 5 VOLUME I WANTED. SLY, IT'S JUST TOO GOOD, TOO PURE, TOO LOVELY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I CAAAAAAAAAAAAAN'TTTTTTTTTTTTT HANDLE ITTTTTTTT YESSSSSSSS, THANK YOU HIROMI FOR REWRITING IT, YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm new to manga, but thanks to this website, I read Kase-san and watched the OVA over the past several days and really enjoyed all of it! But I'm wondering--where do these alternate versions of chapters that people are referencing come from? Are they all redone by Hiromi Takashima for the collected volumes and then translated to English, or do the English publishers make their own changes as well? Thanks!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hi, I'm new to manga, but thanks to this website, I read Kase-san and watched the OVA over the past several days and really enjoyed all of it! But I'm wondering--where do these alternate versions of chapters that people are referencing come from? Are they all redone by Hiromi Takashima for the collected volumes and then translated to English, or do the English publishers make their own changes as well? Thanks!

Revisions for the collections, AFAIK. Although it may happen, I’ve never heard of changes made to a manga collection specifically for an English version (except for covers, extras, and the translation itself, of course).

Most of the changes seem to be the author re-thinking how some passages flow, and also ramping up the NSFW level just a bit from time to time.

last edited at Jun 21, 2018 12:09AM

joined Jun 19, 2018

Revisions for the collections, AFAIK. Although it may happen, I’ve never heard of changes made to a manga collection specifically for an English version (except for covers, extras, and the translation itself, of course).

Okay, cool, thanks! I'd definitely rather publishers avoid censoring or contradicting authors without consent. Makes me feel better about possibly buying the English collections on Amazon.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

Okay, cool, thanks! I'd definitely rather publishers avoid censoring or contradicting authors without consent. Makes me feel better about possibly buying the English collections on Amazon.

I would definitely recommend buying the physical volumes. Volume 5 just became available for pre-order (and Amazon's pre-order system is really good).

joined Mar 18, 2016

HI, I've been following this manga for a while and was really excited to hear that an ova was released, however my life didn't leave me any time to search for it until now. (I'm quite late it seems). I've searched on nyaa, but I have no clue how to work it. Does anyone happen to have a link for the ova?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kat_2205 posted:

HI, I've been following this manga for a while and was really excited to hear that an ova was released, however my life didn't leave me any time to search for it until now. (I'm quite late it seems). I've searched on nyaa, but I have no clue how to work it. Does anyone happen to have a link for the ova?

First and second.
https://otakustream.tv/anime/asagao-to-kase-san/episode-1/
https://otakustream.tv/anime/kimi-no-hikari-asagao-kase-san/episode-1/

joined Mar 18, 2016

Kat_2205 posted:

First and second.
https://otakustream.tv/anime/asagao-to-kase-san/episode-1/
https://otakustream.tv/anime/kimi-no-hikari-asagao-kase-san/episode-1/

Bless, Nevri you're wonderful. Thank you!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This certainly turned into an eternal classic. Going to read the sequel next!

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Dear Author... I want to read a college life and adult life of Yamada and Kase-San eheheehe...

joined Apr 17, 2018

This is a tweet from the Wings magazine. The next Kase-san and Yamada chapter will be in December issue released on the 26th of October.https://twitter.com/Wings_Official/status/1055044119196655617.

joined Jun 12, 2015

^I hope this will be a longer chapter. Waiting so long for just 10 pages can kill, you know?

joined Apr 17, 2018

This is a tweet from Wings magazine showing the cover for the next edition:https://twitter.com/Wings_Official/status/1055660436475924480

To reply you must either login or sign up.