Forum › Posts by m00n

joined Jun 19, 2018

-Bloom into You (The best Romance, period. Better than most straight manga I’ve read. It’s just that good. Manga is wayyyy better than the anime)

I'm curious, what's better about the manga? I watched the whole anime and quite liked it, even though it didn't finish adapting the story.

joined Jun 19, 2018

Though I understand why some people wish it were otherwise, this series was always going to be chock-full of minor and one-off characters.

I understand it as an attempt to make as episodic a romance series as possible. The appeal of episodic stories is that you can start reading them from any point and they still make sense, which makes newer stories easier for magazine owners to sell and TV networks to air. Series like Archie, Spongebob, and Pokemon achieve the episodic format by having the characters and their relationships never change at all; characters and relationships changing, however, is the core appeal of the romance genre. AnoKiss finds a middle ground: a main couple with an exaggerated, unchanging relationship (at least, until recently) and a series of relationships which develop rapidly enough that new magazine readers can jump in without having missed much.

It's similar to the Hallmark channel's solution--Hallmark movies are basically a long-running TV series where they start from scratch every hour-long episode--except it maintains a narrative throughline. Also, it's gay.

P.S. This is why I feel those asking "last volume?" are mistaken. With a lucrative magazine-focused format and Seiran University looming in the wings, this series can last as long as Canno wants.

m00n
Kase-san discussion 21 Jun 17:36
joined Jun 19, 2018

Revisions for the collections, AFAIK. Although it may happen, I’ve never heard of changes made to a manga collection specifically for an English version (except for covers, extras, and the translation itself, of course).

Okay, cool, thanks! I'd definitely rather publishers avoid censoring or contradicting authors without consent. Makes me feel better about possibly buying the English collections on Amazon.

m00n
Kase-san discussion 20 Jun 23:04
joined Jun 19, 2018

The English print volume 4 has a lot more changes than the previous one.
In addition to new stuff, a lot of panels were redone.
I just saw the new chapter translated (check it if you want to read it too) and OMG, OMG OOOOOOMMMMMGGGGGGG I LOVE IT, I JUST FUCK*NG LOVE IT. THIS IS THE END OF THE 5 VOLUME I WANTED. SLY, IT'S JUST TOO GOOD, TOO PURE, TOO LOVELY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I CAAAAAAAAAAAAAN'TTTTTTTTTTTTT HANDLE ITTTTTTTT YESSSSSSSS, THANK YOU HIROMI FOR REWRITING IT, YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm new to manga, but thanks to this website, I read Kase-san and watched the OVA over the past several days and really enjoyed all of it! But I'm wondering--where do these alternate versions of chapters that people are referencing come from? Are they all redone by Hiromi Takashima for the collected volumes and then translated to English, or do the English publishers make their own changes as well? Thanks!