Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

AHHHH THIS NEW CHAPTER WAS SO FREAKIN CUTE MAN!!!

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

HOW CAN YOU HOLD HANDS BEFORE EVEN UTTERING THE SENTENCE "But we're both girls"?! THERE'S AN ORDER FOR THINGS. KIDS THIS DAYS, SERIOUSLY...

joined Dec 16, 2017

"Hand holding" That's it folks! NSFW tag please!!

joined Oct 10, 2016

Helping someone to get out of their comfort zone is not abusive

So why to do this if the other person is not comfortable with it? I don't force people to like the same things as I like.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Fujishiro is the best. I can't express enough how much I like her no f*cks given attitude towards bad situations. Like Kurokawa said, she is strong.

Helping someone to get out of their comfort zone is not abusive

So why to do this if the other person is not comfortable with it? I don't force people to like the same things as I like.

If your comfort zone is based around an inferiority complex, it's probably best when someone with good will breaks you out of that defeatist attitude. We saw the positive effects already, so let's not pretend otherwise.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

It's an actual thing called negging some assholes do to pick up girls. Its some sort of backhanded "compliment" in order to manipulate someone into accepting your advances.

Huh, seriously?
Rather than a technique to pick up girls, it sounds like a sure-fire technique to get yourself a big red handprint on your face.

Needless to say that it doesn't work on most occasions.

Lol, I figured as much.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Sounds like bullshit straight out of that cancerous "Pick-Up Artist" scene tbh.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That's exactly where it does come from, and don't Google for any examples unless you really need to have your opinion of humanity lowered considerably.

joined May 1, 2015

That hand holding is enough to get glasses pregnant. They should really wear finger condoms.

last edited at Oct 13, 2018 4:40PM

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

That's exactly where it does come from, and don't Google for any examples unless you really need to have your opinion of humanity lowered considerably.

Funny thing is, it kind of worked for those guys, hehe. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

The theory of a "neg" is, iirc, that you should hint or suggest to the girl that you have a negative idea of her ⎯ that she's uggs, or dumb, or has a bad personality, or something. Then the girl will desperately try to show you that she's not like that! Then you sit down and relax as she makes every effort to prove herself to you...... and, after a while, you tell her "Ok, you win, you've persuaded me, let's go on a date!" and she's like "Yay! I won!" and doesn't even realize that you have manipulated her.

So you see, you could say that Nanaki totally fell for the neg, as she was furiously trying to make Kanade look cute just to "show those assholes" that they were wrong! If she succeeded, one assumes that the guys would say something like "Yeah, ok, your efforts have paid off, we're convinced, you two can hang out with us!" to which Nanaki would go "YES! I did it! Wait, what???"

(Hmm... come to think of it, it still can happen in ch8...)

joined Jul 26, 2016

Funny thing is, it kind of worked for those guys, hehe. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

The theory of a "neg" is, iirc, that you should hint or suggest to the girl that you have a negative idea of her ⎯ that she's uggs, or dumb, or has a bad personality, or something. Then the girl will desperately try to show you that she's not like that! Then you sit down and relax as she makes every effort to prove herself to you...... and, after a while, you tell her "Ok, you win, you've persuaded me, let's go on a date!" and she's like "Yay! I won!" and doesn't even realize that you have manipulated her.

So you see, you could say that Nanaki totally fell for the neg, as she was furiously trying to make Kanade look cute just to "show those assholes" that they were wrong! If she succeeded, one assumes that the guys would say something like "Yeah, ok, your efforts have paid off, we're convinced, you two can hang out with us!" to which Nanaki would go "YES! I did it! Wait, what???"

(Hmm... come to think of it, it still can happen in ch8...)

I'm aware of the underlying theory thanks. It's basically trying to prey on low self-esteem and a need for external validation.
Yeah, that's gonna work reeeeeeal well on "pathologically cocksure" Nanaki who basically doesn't give a shit about most peoples' opinions except inasmuch they indicate the work she's putting into satisfying her vanity is working as intented or straight up piss her off...

Necessary reminder that she bears grudges forever which is why she's no longer in speaking terms with her old gyaru group... and those two dipshits committed essentially exactly the same mortal sin that made her blow up at Miki in the first place.
She's pretty ferociously protective of Kanade in a way, even if the latter's tendency to "waste her own potential" irks her.

One assumes that if they actually did run into those two rocket scientists again, and they were suitably impressed by Kurokawa's makeover, Fujishiro would basically sneer "Ha." and swagger off looking extremely pleased with herself.

last edited at Oct 13, 2018 6:33PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

One assumes that if they actually did run into those two rocket scientists again, and they were suitably impressed by Kurokawa's makeover, Fujishiro would basically sneer "Ha." and swagger off looking extremely pleased with herself.

This! This! I'm totally in favor of this development!!! <3

(But, please, Fujishiro, don't just leave Kurokawa there when you swagger off, 'mkay? Remember to take her hand and tow her along! :P )

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

HOW CAN YOU HOLD HANDS BEFORE EVEN UTTERING THE SENTENCE "But we're both girls"?! THERE'S AN ORDER FOR THINGS. KIDS THIS DAYS, SERIOUSLY...

You’re absolutely right, this younger generation sure has gotten wild. You can’t just go straight to the gay stuff without having a yuri existential crisis first, gosh

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

I love this way more than I should. It kinda reminds me on how I'm working on my appearance. If only I had a cute girl to work on it with me instead of my mom and sister...

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

You’re absolutely right, this younger generation sure has gotten wild.
You can’t just go

straight

to the gay stuff without having a yuri existential crisis first, gosh

Excuse my French, hm?

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

You’re absolutely right, this younger generation sure has gotten wild.
You can’t just go

straight

to the gay stuff without having a yuri existential crisis first, gosh

Excuse my French, hm?

LOL

joined Oct 10, 2016

Alright, here are possible endings.
1. Nanaki is bad and ruins Kanade's life. Because as Nanaki said, there can't be prettier person than her in this world.
2. Kanade still does everything Nanaki wants from her. Still feeling uncomfortable in the world she's not destinied for.
3. EVEN IF they made it up into being lovers, it would be sick relationship. Full of stress and exaggerated perfectionism.

Nanaki is a psycho.

last edited at Oct 14, 2018 1:09AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Alright, here are possible endings.
1. Nanaki is bad and ruins Kanade's life. Because as Nanaki said, there can't be prettier person than her in this world.
2. Kanade still does everything Nanaki wants from her. Still feeling uncomfortable in the world she's not destinied for.
3. EVEN IF they made it up into being lovers, it would be sick relationship. Full of stress and exaggerated perfectionism.

Nanaki is a psycho.

Hey lemme give you the 4th option, I know it might be farfetched, but hear me out. I'm serious, I'm using all of my soothsaying future reading psychic abilities here. You ready? Here goes!

4: It's gonna be fine

You may quote me on that by the end of this manga~

last edited at Oct 14, 2018 4:07AM

joined Oct 10, 2016

If "fine" means for you pseudo perfect girl beng stressed that her lover is much more beautiful with much lower effort then you're sick af.

joined Mar 5, 2016

If "fine" means for you pseudo perfect girl beng stressed that her lover is much more beautiful with much lower effort then you're sick af.

you're doing that thing where insecure behaviour on behalf of a 16yo fictional character is proof of them being Forever Damned, despite everything in the comic pointing to being about her personal growth.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I think the only one getting stressed out here is you. Take a few deep breaths and try to be a little more objective. You seem to have a personal issue that you are projecting on this story.

Very clearly this story is not about perfectionism or an unhealthy relationship. Fujishiro's reactions are comical, not serious stress and Kurokawa has an inferiority complex, which is way more harmful to her than anything Fujishiro does for her.

I think you completely overlooked how happy both of them were that Kurokawa was so cute. Fujishiro wouldn't be angry that she puts so little effort in her looks if she didn't subconsciously like Kurokawa's cuteness (even if she is the competitive type).

Kurokawa secretly wants to stand out sometimes and be the "princess" in the play as well. She doesn't have the confidence, but that is what Fujishiro is giving her. Her life until now was filled with escapism and fake peace, but now she was drawn into a whirlwind of new experiences and emotions. You might call that "stressful", but it's nothing bad. This can only help her grow as a person. If she truly didn't want to be dressed up and called cute by Fujishiro, hell, she could have fooled me with all that blushing and smiling!

Good relationships can also be ones where the partners challenge each other to be better or leave their old habits/comfort zone to find new things that might be much greater.

Images
joined Feb 5, 2018

Everyone's focusing on Kurokawa so much & forgetting that all this can go a 5th route -
Fujishiro gets some much needed character development & learns 2 things, 1) That beauty is not how beautiful one looks but rather how moe they act. 2) That she's been the "princess" so long that it's getting kinda boring & she wants to try being Prince Charming now.... Now where can she find a cute little undiscovered princess... I wonder.

last edited at Oct 14, 2018 11:35AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Nanaki is a psycho.

Oh, she certainly tracks to the "bold, disinhibited and egotistical traits" half of the traditional conception of psychopathy closely enough. The rest not so much; and while the relevant personality disorders commonly include frequent, easy and brazen lying in pursuit of self-interest insofar we've been shown Fujishiro never lies.
Ever.
If anything it's the opposite. It seems to be almost a matter of principle for her to speak her mind and act on her feelings without reservation, taking the consequences as they come.

Also whatever mixed feelings (incl. getting all hot and bothered) she might have about how pretty Kurokawa turned out with some effort those certainly didn't make her call off the whole "let's make this Cinderella shine" plan - if anything she was clearly disappointed when the latter's swimwear basically relapsed into her old aggressively dowdy aspect.

Curiously enough, incidentally, Nanaki's occasional fretting over the prospect of Kanade accidentally "deposing" her is the only instance so far we see of her having inklings of self-doubt. Normally she never stops to second-guess herself (something Kanade conversely does to very unhealthy degrees) and just goes "full speed ahead and Devil take the torpedoes" - first times indeed...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, although Fujishiro starts out as, and to a considerable extent remains, a vain and shallow idiot, she's also shown herself to be brave and fundamentally sincere--that "The only thing I care to hear is what you want to do" scene is a classic "really a good person" trope.

Every signal in this story says that ultimately these two are going to be very good for each other.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Aaaand we jumped the shark. Told you there would be "you're cute now that you don't wear glasses" nonsense.

To reply you must either login or sign up.