Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Jan 25, 2017

For those of you who are interested in the anime, some key visuals for the characters have been posted :-

http: // yagakimi.com/news/

And OP/ED songs.

Wanna hear that Yuu/Touko duet...

Also, Sayaka's going to be played by Ai Kayano. Seems like a good pick - she did Rin Toyama in New Game, for instance, and I can see a similar sort of performance fitting Sayaka really well.

...only a month to gooooooooooo

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I just wish the fans behave when the anime comes... I don't want to see spoilers in anime forums like "I wonder if the anime will cover the confession of Yuu lol she got rejected lol" after the first episode is aired in CR or something... Like those obnoxious fans of Index

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

If only you would it get it into your silly little head that there is nothing about this nonsense that is believable, human, relatable or even dramatic.
This is all just a crappy exploitation story using the unoriginal, boring and misogynistic melancholy dark-haired girl trope like a billion boring misogynistic stories have done since the dawn of the entertainment industry.
And if anything it is Yuu and Sayaka who are lucky to have such a hard-working, dedicated friend who loves them so much.
Even so, the idea of Touko commoting suicide is something that has only ever existed in the minds of salivating misogynists.
Nothing of the kind has ever had a grain of possibility in a character with such a love of life and people.

I think it's better if you go back to taking your meds.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

ha, accidentally stumbled upon my notes written soon after the 2nd volume got published. For whatever reason I failed to post them here back then. But I'm surprised they actually turned out to be quite to the point. You may not agree of course. Still, I guess this also shows how consistent the story has been so far.

The way I see the story, Touko faces difficulties with receiving love, but is willing to give as much as she can. And Yuu has difficulties with giving love while being exceptionally easy on the receiving side, not rejecting Touko in any fashion. So they work kind of like role models for each other - Yuu is perfect to teach how to receive love and Touko shows Yuu how to share love. So to me it's inevitable that through some drama hardships they will converge to a couple.

Yuu doesn't know how to love. But why? It's very hard for me to imagine. How could she never have fallen in love before? At first I thought, well, if she's gay, then of course it explains why she's never truly fallen for guys. But then she should've fallen for girls, right? And yet she hasn't. And I really find it hard to believe that she's never had anyone around her to make her heart skip a single beat. Therefore, I think that Yuu has simply been always conscious and afraid of her sexuality, shutting herself in the closet from any romantic sprouts till someone safe, openly gay for her, like Touko, pops up, finds her there and brings her out.
And why would Yuu's personality become like that? In chapter 04 we saw her father saying how he would've been knocked down if Yuu turned out to be a lesbian. Not that he would be mad at her or would try to prevent her from going that route, but clearly Yuu felt it'd be a severe blow to him. And she doesn't look like the person to hurt her family.
This would explain, to me at least, why she'd learn to hide and ignore her actual feelings. And given her sister was the one who came up with a girlfriend idea, even if as a joke, I would guess that Yuu could have given some reasons for that in the past too. And by saying that I imply that Yuu might have been used to ignoring her feelings for quite a while now. So this would explain why Yuu claims she has never really felt anything for anyone, boys or girls. This could be what rendered her being unable to give love.

As for Touko, her sister died when Touko was 7 years old. It seems this made her feel lonely and abandoned. All the attention was drawn from her to how great her sister was. She wanted the world's love back, so she thought if she were as good as her sister, everybody would love her too. Only to learn that all she got in return were love crushes and flattery. Well, maybe some positive praise too. But none made her feel less lonely apparently. I don't think she quite understands the following yet, but once the play by the student council is through, the goal replacing her dead sister will be achieved, and Touko will likely find herself all empty, blank, and lonely again. Because she still has never truly responded to any of the feelings people have thrown upon her, good or bad. Which is why keeping the love so one-sided, rejecting to receive love, even if she really likes Yuu, Touko may really hurt Yuu a lot when the time comes.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

https://twitter.com/bunko_dengeki/status/1037899792725073920

Sayaka is getting a spin-off novel written by Hitoma Iruma, author of Adachi to Shimamura. Nakatani will do some illustrations for it.

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Sayaka is getting a spin-off novel written by Hitoma Iruma, author of Adachi to Shimamura. Nakatani will do some illustrations for it.

I wonder if that will be about her and her first sempi?

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ It's coming out on November 10. Both manga & anime should still be ongoing at that point, so it's safe to say that it's gonna be a prequel or the story in Sayaka's POV. Writing about her first love would be an easy focus, especially when it's a completely different writer, so I think it's likely.

last edited at Sep 7, 2018 1:00AM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I just wish the fans behave when the anime comes... I don't want to see spoilers in anime forums like "I wonder if the anime will cover the confession of Yuu lol she got rejected lol" after the first episode is aired in CR or something... Like those obnoxious fans of Index

I wish that happened too, but we all know how obnoxious some fans are. I dunno if they feel they're better than the fans that only watch anime, but they always feel the need to spoil anime adaptations for some reason. To this day i still dread to read comments when i watch new episodes of One Piece due to the sheer amount of spoilers they post in there.

joined May 20, 2013

I'm not too happy to see (presumably) a man being the first (and maybe last) to try capitalizing on the success of Nakatani Nio's work and talent. (Not long after hearing about the latest outrage – mostly among women, of course – because of sexism in Japan.)

last edited at Sep 7, 2018 3:55AM

Bun
joined Jul 5, 2018

i love this so much

joined Jun 21, 2017

Oh my goodness me. This is one of the most wonderful things I have ever read. And now I have to wait for god-knows-how-long for maybw the final chapter...? My heart can't handle it. This manga has made me feel so happy.

joined Jun 12, 2015

I'm not too happy to see (presumably) a man being the first (and maybe last) to try capitalizing on the success of Nakatani Nio's work and talent. (Not long after hearing about the latest outrage – mostly among women, of course – because of sexism in Japan.)

What are you talking about?

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

I just had a thought. What if Touko goes to Sayaka about what is happening with Yuu for help and tells her about everything that has been going on and what she been doing to Yuu. As unlikely of Touko to going to anyone for a problem.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

h3x posted:

I'm guessing there's some problem either with the director of the anime or the author who will make the spin off with Sayaka... I'm not sure, because I can see their names but I don't know their gender and I think it's a pity if there's real outrage about this... But I'm just guessing, because I'm like "Hey! as long as is not Okada or Ikuhara Kunihiko then it's fineee"

last edited at Sep 11, 2018 1:17AM

9b1d0703-1cf0-4df6-bc19-0b2abfd56881
joined Nov 23, 2015

Oh my goodness me. This is one of the most wonderful things I have ever read. And now I have to wait for god-knows-how-long for maybw the final chapter...? My heart can't handle it. This manga has made me feel so happy.

Um, I think the manga is coming to its end. The next chapter is in October, I feel probably like last 3 chapters to end? Now just resolution on their relationship.
Doubt the author will go on showing their lovey dovey life afterwards unfortunately. :(

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Um, I think the manga is coming to its end. The next chapter is in October, I feel probably like last 3 chapters to end? Now just resolution on their relationship.
Doubt the author will go on showing their lovey dovey life afterwards unfortunately. :(

Note to self: Stock up on pitch forks and torches to hand to the angry mob when asakura89's jinx comes true.

joined Nov 5, 2017

The next chapter is out this month. All we know is that there will be at least one more volume, and each volume has 5/6 chapters. Volume 7 starts with chapter 35.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

h3x posted:

I'm guessing there's some problem either with the director of the anime or the author who will make the spin off with Sayaka... I'm not sure, because I can see their names but I don't know their gender and I think it's a pity if there's real outrage about this... But I'm just guessing, because I'm like "Hey! as long as is not Okada or Ikuhara Kunihiko then it's fineee"

Spin-off with Sayaka? Wut?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

(scratching neck frantically) H-hey, guys, Is it c-cold in here? I feel itchy...Does anybody have some more Bloom into You? No? I mean, th-that's cool. You sure? Look, I need it man! I NEED IT. Please, man, I'll do anything!!!

No? (gets the shakes) I....shit man....shit shit....What about like, some Citrus or something? Just to take the edge off...(starts screaming about spiders)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

(scratching neck frantically) H-hey, guys, Is it c-cold in here? I feel itchy...Does anybody have some more Bloom into You? No? I mean, th-that's cool. You sure? Look, I need it man! I NEED IT. Please, man, I'll do anything!!!

No? (gets the shakes) I....shit man....shit shit....What about like, some Citrus or something? Just to take the edge off...(starts screaming about spiders)

Stay away from the Citrus, man—that just makes the nightmares worse.

You could always re-read Kase-san, or (looks around, whispers) do up some Itou Hachi . . .

joined May 20, 2013

The spin-off:

A manga about her from Nakatani Nio could be better. I have no information whatsoever about it, but it isn't clear if she didn't want to do it, or the spin-off of a very popular title was given to Iruma Hitoma who isn't exactly known for his yuri works and at least according to Wikipadia is a male.

The outrage I was referring to is the one that started after the manipulation of women's test scores came to light. It made people talk more about sexism in Japan, and I have to try very hard no to take whom the spin-off was given to as "this is a hit, it's a miracle a woman pulled it off, now let's give the spin-off to that guy at our company, it's a given he'll do a better job than a woman would." I hope it's just me being too negative, at least when it comes to half of that, but I don't have too high hopes for how good it'll be...

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Wait, we won't get a chapter in september?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kiena posted:

The spin-off:

A manga about her from Nakatani Nio could be better. I have no information whatsoever about it, but it isn't clear if she didn't want to do it, or the spin-off of a very popular title was given to Iruma Hitoma who isn't exactly known for his yuri works and at least according to Wikipadia is a male.

The outrage I was referring to is the one that started after the manipulation of women's test scores came to light. It made people talk more about sexism in Japan, and I have to try very hard no to take whom the spin-off was given to as "this is a hit, it's a miracle a woman pulled it off, now let's give the spin-off to that guy at our company, it's a given he'll do a better job than a woman would." I hope it's just me being too negative, at least when it comes to half of that, but I don't have too high hopes for how good it'll be...

I think it's more like Nakatani missed the chance to make an arc/flashback for Sayaka and it's difficult to make one now in the middle of Yuu's struggles... This might be the last volume of the manga (meaning we have 5 or 6 chapters left) so there might not be room to focus on other characters, and Nakatani wouldn't have the time to make a spin off right now. Yeah the sexism is real and gross over there but I believe she has proved herself more than worthy of praised above a lot of other authors at this point with the anime coming too. It's only natural to have an spin off or even an anthology.
Also, I think the spin off won't be long, maybe one or two chapters while the manga is still very popular... So yeah, I think you're being too negative.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Kiena posted:

The spin-off:

I think it's more like Nakatani missed the chance to make an arc/flashback for Sayaka and it's difficult to make one now in the middle of Yuu's struggles... This might be the last volume of the manga (meaning we have 5 or 6 chapters left) so there might not be room to focus on other characters, and Nakatani wouldn't have the time to make a spin off right now. Yeah the sexism is real and gross over there but I believe she has proved herself more than worthy of praised above a lot of other authors at this point with the anime coming too. It's only natural to have an spin off or even an anthology.
Also, I think the spin off won't be long, maybe one or two chapters while the manga is still very popular... So yeah, I think you're being too negative.

Granted, I'm relying on Bing Translate which is lol, but Nakatani's tweets seemed pretty enthusiastic about the author doing the Sayaka spinoff.

I just hope the spinoff doesn't just recap what we already know, like Sayaka's backstory or her perspective on the manga. Give Sayaka an actual girlfriend!!

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Iruma & Nakatani have done a similar collab before. He did an incest age gap yuri light novel and Nakatani illustrated the cover. I believe Adachi & Shimamura is also a pretty well-known yuri light novel among the Jap yuri community so I see no harm done here. Spin-offs don't always get made by the original author, so this is not new. Besides, with the anime & manga going on at the same time the spin-off is coming out, it's better to let someone else do it since Nakatani is probably busier than ever. As I said before, this spinoff is most likely going to be a prequel since they can't just make a sequel story when the manga isn't even done yet, so it'll probably be short. If Nakatani wants to make a spin-off sequel about Sayaka after the main story is done, she can do that and I don't think the publisher will try to pull any rug.

To reply you must either login or sign up.