Forum › My Master & Furry-eared Girl Mel discussion

joined May 20, 2013

Who is Marie's special someone? There isn't much indication of it being Mel or Stella. Maybe Fran?

last edited at Aug 28, 2018 4:01PM

joined Mar 13, 2016

Who is Marie's special someone? There isn't much indication of it being Mel or Stella. Maybe Fran?

i feel like if it wasn't mel , marie would have told Mel about it back then

thou im curious how is Fran gonna join Mels harem

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

So....no one cares about masters back story but everyone wants this manga to be harem somehow......

last edited at Aug 28, 2018 6:13PM

joined Mar 13, 2016

So....no one cares about masters back story but everyone wants this manga to be harem somehow......

I dont want it to be harem, but from earlier chapters u could see some kind of attraction from fran/marie towards mel, was expecting drama when both of them get reintroduced.
And masters back story wasnt anything special, as in it wasnt anything original or unique, typical get betrayed by the person u trust and get paranoid everybody is the same with some hidden agenda.

joined Dec 26, 2014

Well in my opinion, master's back story is part of the main plot, regardless how common it is. She needs to trust Mel and get closer to her , and Mel is having feelings of romance for master ( different kind of like) . So I don't think there's gonna be drama among other beastkins, Mel belongs to master alone.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Heh, Stella shares Master's "eccentricity" when it comes to little girls, just manifested in a different way.

Typo on page 18 in the penultimate panel that dominates the middle of the page: "lightning", not "lighting".

She needs to trust Mel and get closer to her

You say that as if Master currently distrusts Mel.

joined Dec 26, 2014

Heh, Stella shares Master's "eccentricity" when it comes to little girls, just manifested in a different way.

Typo on page 18 in the penultimate panel that dominates the middle of the page: "lightning", not "lighting".

She needs to trust Mel and get closer to her

You say that as if Master currently distrusts Mel.

Thanks forthe heads up, I'll try and remember to edit the typo tomorrow.

Well, I think master needs to sort out her feelings as well for Mel.

last edited at Aug 28, 2018 7:34PM

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Cute - I hope the backstory does not generate too much angst but that the high levels of warm fluff continue (I'm a sucker for cute warm fluff).

joined May 20, 2013

Who is Marie's special someone?

I'd prefer not having another very nice and kind childhood friend in love been friendzoned... Even if chapter 3 and the top middle look may suggest that, without further evidence otherwise. -.-

(In the bottom right picture while saying that she may be thinking about someone else than who is lying right next to her. I hang on to that for now.)

last edited at Aug 29, 2018 2:19AM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Who is Marie's special someone?

I'd prefer not having another very nice and kind childhood friend in love been friendzoned... Even if chapter 3 and the top middle look may suggest that, without further evidence otherwise. -.-

Yeah, those sad gazes Marie keeps shooting towards Mel suggest that she may very well be the source of that painful longing.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Now with this series seemingly hitting a patch of drama chaosteam is back to all angst all the time it seems.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'm 90% sure yall are overthinking this and Marie's special someone is Stella.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I thought the same :v

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Personally I got the impression that Marie's special someone was Mel, but I don't really know why. Maybe there's just these hints of sadness about her? Or maybe her relationship with Stella just didn't seem the same as Mel's with Master? I'm not super committed to that theory, just something I thought.

Also, Master's lack of a name is getting more and more awkward. At this point I wonder if Itou Hachi lost a bet with her editor or something and is being forced to write this whole series without ever giving the main character a name.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also, Master's lack of a name is getting more and more awkward. At this point I wonder if Itou Hachi lost a bet with her editor or something and is being forced to write this whole series without ever giving the main character a name.

By coincidence, I was just reading about how Bill Watterson regretted introducing the character of Uncle Max in Calvin & Hobbes because he didn’t want to give Calvin’s parents actual names (besides “Mom” and “Dad”) and it became awkward to have Max never say his brother’s name. So he dropped the character.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Personally I got the impression that Marie's special someone was Mel, but I don't really know why. Maybe there's just these hints of sadness about her? Or maybe her relationship with Stella just didn't seem the same as Mel's with Master? I'm not super committed to that theory, just something I thought.

I was thinking about Mel and Stella but I think it is Mell too!

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I was waiting to see how long it will take before someone else speaks up. Really, you'd think the first possibility to come to a reader's mind was to assume that just like Mel has fallen in love with her master, her fellow beastkin Marie is probably in love with her own.

joined Dec 26, 2014

Beastkins that fall in love with their masters. I can live with that

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I was waiting to see how long it will take before someone else speaks up. Really, you'd think the first possibility to come to a reader's mind was to assume that just like Mel has fallen in love with her master, her fellow beastkin Marie is probably in love with her own.

That was the first thing that came to mind. But other readers are right, too--while we, as always, get lots of lovey-dovey/jealous/overprotective looks between Master and Mel, the only person we actually see Marie beaming at is Mel.

Marie seems to be much more on a friendly teasing level with Stella, which certainly could be part of a more intimate "liking," but maybe not. And Marie ("Mary," in the earlier chapter's translation) was Mel's "very special friend" back in the beastkin training school.

Not that it says much about the possible depth of the Stella-Marie relationship, but I did also notice that there was another servant helping the girls dress--Marie is clearly in the role of "companion/helper" rather than servant or ladies maid.

And also notice where Mel puts her hands when she scoots away from Master--she's "creating distance," but that "tightness" that comes with her "special liking" may not be entirely in her chest.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I guess it is a thing that artists have the hots for loli half beast girls in this world's setting?

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I guess it is a thing that artists have the hots for loli half beast girls in this world's setting?

I think Itou Hachi just took "write what you know" a little too literally. When I first read that "I'm simply using young bodies in the midst of transformation as a motif to capture the purity that girls hold" line, my thought was, "I bet Itou Hachi is really used to defending herself with a line like this."

In my imagination, she's having a bit of fun at her own expense with this character who dresses up little girls with animal ears to draw pictures of them.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

I think Itou Hachi just took "write what you know" a little too literally. When I first read that "I'm simply using young bodies in the midst of transformation as a motif to capture the purity that girls hold" line, my thought was, "I bet Itou Hachi is really used to defending herself with a line like this."

In my imagination, she's having a bit of fun at her own expense with this character who dresses up little girls with animal ears to draw pictures of them.

Relavant
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/oshikko_sensei

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I've been rooting Stella x Colette for a while and now its the time. Colette needs love maybe an unnamed childhood friend or a new girl but Stella x Colette can be happen.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Man, I really, REALLY hope this manga never goes sexual, like in the doujins.

joined Mar 3, 2017

That title page! I’m dying! I’m actually dying!

To reply you must either login or sign up.