Forum › 2DK, G-pen, Alarm clock discussion

joined Feb 23, 2016

Oooo~~

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I like this setup very much.
As for the dialect translation is she supposed to be from a rural area of Kansai or something?
I mean I get that they have a strong accent but still I wouldn’t translate a manga like this.

Why rural? The accent keeps making me think she's an engineer. (And no, that is not a Star Trek reference.)

joined Jul 24, 2018

Just make Kimchi/pickled veggies with the jars? They taste pretty good and helps your digestive system!

17___peppa_renon_chan_by_tsuukiyomi-d8c0h52
joined Jul 17, 2018

Here's hoping they kiss in the next chapter, but that's wishful thinking

sobs

So here's to hoping they kiss by the end of volume one!

More like Volume 7.

Oof. Yeah, I thought so after looking up how many volumes there were and seeing the cover of Volume 7.

That's okay, I've accepted my fate of not seeing it within the next few years.

sobs some more

1185287_545264538860379_946420239_n
joined Aug 30, 2013

for a quick Scottish lesson ye means you
yer means your
proper tends to be used for emphasis,
oot is out,
canae is can't
isnae is isn't
wasnae is wasn't
aye is yes
aboot is about.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Mostly from the translators from danbooru, I've always accepted an american southern dialect for the equivalence of kansai ben or similar; esp from Moonspeaker.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

She doesn't always speak in her dialect, it seems. How to adapt her "switching gears" into english? I think that using specific english dialect is an OK way to do it. Different fonts are already used to mirror different ways of japanese writing in speech balloons, plus denoting when characters say english words in the middle of japanese sentences. Can't use colour coding either.

joined Apr 11, 2012

As a Scotsman even I find it a wee bit jarring.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Shouldn't this have the bisexual tag? She had a boyfriend, and it seems like she'd go for either men or women.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Shouldn't this have the bisexual tag? She had a boyfriend, and it seems like she'd go for either men or women.

Did she have a boyfriend or did she have a longstanding, long-distance beard?

It's kind of interesting that she's trying to convince herself that she's not interested in Kae-chan because she's not the type she's usually attracted to, yet her ex-boyfriend and her coworkers who heard her talk about her roommate all made assumptions about that they were lovers based on the way she talked about her.

last edited at Aug 21, 2018 4:45PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

YuriGate posted:

Ever get tired of defending a widely accepted poor decision?

If by widely you mean majority of people don't mind it/like it, then yes.

Freya posted:

Mostly from the translators from danbooru, I've always accepted an american southern dialect for the equivalence of kansai ben or similar; esp from Moonspeaker.

The issue is, it is nothing like kansai ben.

last edited at Aug 21, 2018 5:11PM

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

@Bisexual tag
If Nanami was bisexual, I would've told Drpepperfan to tag it as such. She is not, however.

Edit: Why do everyone assume Nanami speaks in a Kansai accent, when I've explicitly mentioned in every chapter that she doesn't? Lmao
People are gonna be so confused once the character who actually speaks in a Kansai accent shows up......

last edited at Aug 21, 2018 5:35PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

We've been over this...

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Edit: Why do everyone assume Nanami speaks in a Kansai accent, when I've explicitly mentioned in every chapter that she doesn't? Lmao

Wait, are you trying to tell us that there're other jp accents aside from Kansai? :^)

joined Aug 19, 2018

People are gonna be so confused once the character who actually speaks in a Kansai accent shows up......

Uhm I guess reader on the internet, such as myself, have a habit of skipping or ignoring notes by the translators.
The page explaining your choice for the dialect... I honestly skipped right over it as it had no bearing on the plot.
After I read your comment here I did indeed go back and have a look and yes you did mention it but again I completely skipped over that side note.

I’m sorry to disappoint you.

As for why I jumped to the conclusion of Kansai probably because it is one of the more known/used?

joined Jan 11, 2015

@none
You're not one to talk; you don't speak any other language than Aaaangst! :p

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Uh, no we havent. All you have said is that she is a lesbian despite the fact that she was in a happy(she was at least happy) relationship with a man.

There are also implications that she only dated him so she could live out an “ideal life” - i.e. get married, have kids, have a career and so on. Chapter 1 sort of hints that she’s had history with girls, and chapter 3 takes that even further with her pointing out what her “type of girl” is like.

Although this isn’t what you’re necessarily implying, I’d like to stress that just because she’s dated a guy doesn’t have to mean that she’s bisexual.

joined Aug 16, 2014

@none
You're not one to talk; you don't speak any other language than Aaaangst! :p

Whaaaat, outrageous! That's libel! I'm well versed in the languages of pain, suffering and general misery. I also understand a bit of english.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

After all the complaining about the accent, I thought I would add in the voice of one person who has no trouble understanding the accent. It's never broken me out of the story, and I kind of like it.

Why yes, I did used to watch the original Star Trek series a lot; what's that got to do with anything?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Here's hoping they kiss in the next chapter, but that's wishful thinking

sobs

So here's to hoping they kiss by the end of volume one!

What kind of accent would they kiss in?

joined Aug 16, 2014

Ever considered that maybe, just maybe, the person that's translating the series and has read much further than most of the people here might know things that aren't obvious or weren't revealed yet and that shed some light on the character's sexuality?

joined Jan 11, 2015

I don't know what's gonna happen in the story until I see it here on Dynasty! True story!

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

Isnae

Off-model%20ishibashi-san
joined Aug 20, 2018

I love Ohsawa's art, and I'm really happy this is being translated again. Thank you!!

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

Who tf puts salads in jars, that sounds awful.

Seriously though. Please get rid of the accent. I'm fine with most of it, then I spend 10 minutes deciding how Dinae is meant to be pronounced.

To reply you must either login or sign up.