Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

joined Aug 22, 2016

I’m just a little disappointed because I expected a little more understanding from Yuu.

It's her first time confessing, girl thought she jumped the gun there. Remember that Yuu has been expecting rejection more so than acceptance from Touko so Touko saying "I'm sorry" comes off as an answer to her. Classic misunderstanding.

Not to mention the fact that she just broke her long standing promise to Touko. It's understandable that she freaked out and ran.

Yeah like I acknowledge that i thought it was Yuu that said she was sorry in that moment, not Nanami. But let’s ignore the course of discussion.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

First time I want a manga to drag on, just because I SO WANT TO SEE THESE TWO ACTUALLY DATING I MEAN DO YOU IMAGINE?!

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

So as I suspected, Touko still hasn't broken out of the "love is a chain" mentality, if her thoughts at the end of the chapter are anything to go by. She's got enough consciousness to recognize she may have been hurting Yuu this whole time, and she isn't faulting Yuu or getting hostile over it, but she's still scared to face her now, since in her mind Yuu is now another person who Expects Things Of Her. Not to mention Yuu running away, which as others have said, also puts a damper on proceedings.

I like that we're finally getting to see Yuu be a bit more... fragile, for lack of a better word. Her detachment makes her feel really mature for her age, but here we're finally getting to see some more blatant reminders that she's still a high school girl trying to figure out her feelings. I would LOVE if the story took a page out of Girl Friends' book and changed the perspective to Toukou now as she deals with her end of the play's aftermath and now this whole thing. More Yuu would be great, too, though. ^_^

First time I want a manga to drag on, just because I SO WANT TO SEE THESE TWO ACTUALLY DATING I MEAN DO YOU IMAGINE?!

Indeed! This is one of my favorites; I hope we get to see some of the actual dating, once they reach that point.

last edited at Jul 30, 2018 10:36PM

joined Sep 25, 2015

Nice, the plot is moving. I hope something bad happens.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The more I look at it the better this chapter becomes.

Random example: that last splash page. Page 10 clearly shows two flights of steps down the embankment to the water. But as Touko looks up at the end she sees only the lower one—the top flight is now gone.

It’s just barely possible that the angle of the shot puts those steps just out of frame, but as far as Touko is concerned there’s literally no way to follow after Yuu.

Random observation: Yuu is unbelievably cute.

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

O_0!!!!!!!!!, Nakatani-sensei never fail to surprise me. I didn't think that Yuu will confess this fast. Moreover, when Yuu cover her face with her hands it's make me feel like "NOOOOOOO!!!" and "Do not make Yuu cry Toukooooo please say something nice PLEASEEEEEE!!!" And it take more than 5 minute for me to go on to the next page(This is also why i love this series).
Well, Please don't make Yuu cry, Touko. That's all I want.
Edit: I also want Touko to know how much Yuu want to love someone.

last edited at Jul 31, 2018 12:02AM

joined Aug 16, 2014

I've been chomping at the bit for the translation to come out after seeing the raws and it was not a disappointment....

Now how to survive two months of waiting if that is really how long it will be till next chapter...

Loved how nakatani sensei wrote it out the confession. The drama was good for my heart and it wasnt the typical misunderstanding or blaming things on the other party. This is god tier compared to nanashi no asterism lol

Dear god that was one the biggest disappointments in recent memory.

Amen. I remember nearly throwing my tablet at the wall when i read the the ending of that series. Beautiful drawing. Like the characters. Horrible way to end a story.

On the other hand....I can’t wait to see how Nanami and Yuu will interact after this event and how will Nanami confront the other party.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

The feels (hic) oh god the feels.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I really want to see Yuu confiding to her big sister in detail about what happened. Of course we already know her sister will support her.

I really think this will happen & I honestly can't wait for it.

Great observation my friend. Truly a person of culture.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

The more I look at it the better this chapter becomes.

Random example: that last splash page. Page 10 clearly shows two flights of steps down the embankment to the water. But as Touko looks up at the end she sees only the lower one—the top flight is now gone.

It’s just barely possible that the angle of the shot puts those steps just out of frame, but as far as Touko is concerned there’s literally no way to follow after Yuu.

Good eye for detail. Nakatani Nio is masterful with using lighting, environment and framing both symbolically and to set mood and atmosphere. What's said between them in this chapter is nothing earth shattering or particularly special as far as manga confessions go. It is the visual story telling that makes this chapter a masterpiece.

There are so many small details that make this scene so powerful:

The instance where the weeds are literally binding the terrified Touko's feet to the ground as she tries to go after Yuu.

The way the contrast between the dark and light frames traps the characters that are paralyzed by their own fear, isolating them from the rest of the world and each other.

How we can no longer see Touko's eyes once communication has broken down between them.

There are too many great little symbolic details to list, but this chapter really shows off Nakatani Nio's craft like few others have.

In the final shot Touko stands alone in the shadows with her head cast down, no longer able to see the final flight of stairs leading up from the ditch she stands at the bottom of. The text in this final frame simply reads, "Yuu has changed," but the message is very clear. Yuu has changed leaving Touko behind where she no longer knows how to reach her. She stands alone, lost in her fears unable to go after her.

I really hope who ever is in charge of the visual direction of the anime adaption knows what they are doing or all of this sort of visual story telling will be lost.

last edited at Jul 31, 2018 2:25AM

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Just had a nightmare that came with this thought...

what if https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch34#31 is the final scene in the anime..

joined May 20, 2013

It's really rare that drama makes me glad because it happened. After all the very well written and depicted tension under the surface, it felt necessary for Yuu and Touko to move forward, i.e. to realize, acknowledge, and have a chance at resolving the bind they got into. Otherwise what kind of future would their relationship have? (Yuu being the kind yet apathetic roommate/assistant/manager of Touko who also sleeps with her?)

There are two unusual continuations I though of so far:

• Touko pulling herself together, or putting her fear aside long enough to go after Yuu right away, probably to her house. She could be confronted by Yuu's sister, too, for making Yuu go home sad, maybe even crying. It wouldn't be something without precedent in manga, but still an uncommon thing that happens.
  • The running Yuu (or Touko?) getting into a traffic accident. If it was Yuu, it'd be an even bigger shock for Touko because of what happened to her sister. (If it was Touko, maybe it could help her start forgiving herself, and it would be a parallel to the play.)

Of course the most likely thing to happen is what most people seem to expect; Touko gathering some advice, and maybe a nice gift during the trip, before being able to approach Yuu properly. The situation being resolved sooner than the trip (and especially Yuu somehow going with Touko) is probably not possible. (They may go on a trip of their own, in the future, though.)

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Finally, after three years and six volumes, it begins in earnest.

Thank you, 4s.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Somebody please confirm this because my Japanese skill is not great. On page 14, the "this can't go on" in Japanese is "dame nanda ne" which is more accurately "I can't do it huh?" in that context and then the "I have to say it" is "iccha dame nanda" which is actually "I really can't say it." These have very different meanings. If how I'm understanding the lines is correct, Yuu was actually considering of backing down again in order to follow along with Touko's status quo and then waiting for Touko to change enough by herself to reciprocate her feelings someday, but in the end, she could not hold back her feelings any longer so she went and took that leap of faith right there and then.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

(They may go on a trip of their own, in the future, though.)

A hot springs trip, perhaps?

Make it so.

joined May 20, 2013

Page 28:

I'm afraid of being loved.
Because "I love you this way" means the same thing as "I won't love you anymore if you stop being this way," doesn't it?

Touko is afraid because of that, but does she think it applies to herself, too? That's what Yuu has been afraid of, and at the moment thinks to be the case.

Page 30:

Yuu... has changed...

By still loving Yuu, could Touko disprove the basis of her fear? I thought this at first, but it may not be so simple.

Certain changes no one is supposed to be fine with (e.g. their partner becoming violent), so in a certain sense that concern can never be completely dismissed.

These sentences also don't cover the expectations beyond staying the same, that Touko sounded to be afraid of before, and why she pushed herself. She may be more relaxed because she got over that part when she realized that people accept her as she is now. If so, then what is left is the fear of changing in a way that makes others stop accepting or loving her, or she stopping to love Yuu because of such a change?

Page 29:

I can't believe I'm afraid of Yuu...

Is it just Yuu? Touko has to trust both Yuu and herself that they'll be good to each other. It complicates this a bit that Touko just realized she might have hurt Yuu for some time (page 25), but it's necessary to face that, too, and to try avoiding it in the future by getting to know how the other feels.

I may still have left something out, but this chapter, that at first read might look fairly simple, has so much behind it thanks to all the earlier ones. I love this manga a lot.

joined Nov 5, 2017

Somebody please confirm this because my Japanese skill is not great. On page 14, the "this can't go on" in Japanese is "dame nanda ne" which is more accurately "I can't do it huh?" in that context and then the "I have to say it" is "iccha dame nanda" which is actually "I really can't say it." These have very different meanings. If how I'm understanding the lines is correct, Yuu was actually considering of backing down again in order to follow along with Touko's status quo and then waiting for Touko to change enough by herself to reciprocate her feelings someday, but in the end, she could not hold back her feelings any longer so she went and took that leap of faith right there and then.

Yes. She says "I can't say it" and then thinks it's fine because that way she will be able to be by Touko's side the same way as always. The translation is basically on point besides these huge fuck-ups.

Untitled-1
joined Jun 11, 2013

the inevitable scene....

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So... two idiots.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Oh my word. It finally happened. I've read this from the start and I really love how they've both grown. Please let the misunderstanding be resolved...

Also 2 months till the next chapter? Wake me up when September ends...

joined Sep 25, 2015

Just had a nightmare that came with this thought...

what if https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch34#31 is the final scene in the anime..

I'd love that to be honest. Won't really affect me because I read the manga.

Arisha%20and%20suwawa
joined Jun 11, 2018

she didnt go after her ;(

joined May 20, 2013

she didnt go after her ;(

Probably, but we won't know until the next chapter. If there won't be a skip, she may start running or catch up to Yuu later in it.

last edited at Jul 31, 2018 8:07AM

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

So... two idiots.

Ooo can we have a scene were Saeki bangs both of their heads together.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Interesting that even this still won't make Yuu cry, at least as far as was shown in this chapter. Perhaps she is not quite there yet to be that emotionally affected, even if she has taken strides since the beginning.

At any rate, this was a beautifully set up and executed chapter, praise be Nakatani-sensei.

To reply you must either login or sign up.