Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Tumblr_omrtnbr9ks1vkx8d3o5_250
joined Feb 28, 2018

http://yagakimi.com/ posted new anime visual

joined Jan 25, 2017

Yagakimi full raw in HQ
https://imgur.com/a/bawenUd

I can read not a word of Japanese, so maybe I’m completely wrong.

But the pictures tell me it’s going to be fine.

lmao no. the storm is here

As I’ve been saying all along that it would be and really should be. Going directly from the play to moonlight-and-roses would have been completely inconsistent with the rest of the story, and in fact would have trivialized Touko’s basic psychological dilemma. This is the storm that was always going to have to blow itself out before smoother sailing could become possible.

Yeah, in all fairness I doubt things are gonna stay bad. These two being unsure and afraid and whatnot about the nature of their relationship changing was eminently predictable, but between what we know about them personally, the way they're framed in the raws, and the general tone I've always gotten from Nio's work, I don't see any reason to think things won't work out.

I'm mostly just a bit annoyed that, 3the longer it goes, the harder it's gonna be for the anime to cover enough material to hit a satisfying ending, lol

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Yagakimi full raw in HQ
https://imgur.com/a/bawenUd

I can read not a word of Japanese, so maybe I’m completely wrong.

But the pictures tell me it’s going to be fine.

lmao no. the storm is here

As I’ve been saying all along that it would be and really should be. Going directly from the play to moonlight-and-roses would have been completely inconsistent with the rest of the story, and in fact would have trivialized Touko’s basic psychological dilemma. This is the storm that was always going to have to blow itself out before smoother sailing could become possible.

Yeah, in all fairness I doubt things are gonna stay bad. These two being unsure and afraid and whatnot about the nature of their relationship changing was eminently predictable, but between what we know about them personally, the way they're framed in the raws, and the general tone I've always gotten from Nio's work, I don't see any reason to think things won't work out.

I'm mostly just a bit annoyed that, 3the longer it goes, the harder it's gonna be for the anime to cover enough material to hit a satisfying ending, lol

I think this is going to one of those cases were the anime and manga have different endings eg Kashmashi

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ Let me go on record as saying screw the anime.

Actually, that’s wrong—I wish the anime all the best—but I’m a manga/comics person first and foremost, and this has been a great manga so far. So I want whatever is going to keep it a great manga all the way to the end. And I feel very strongly that the developments implied in the raws are integral to that outcome.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Oh yeah, lol I definitely want Nio to do what she thinks is best for the manga's story first and foremost, just griping a bit.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Loving the sister, it was really nice to be able to see stuff from her perspective and follow her inner dialogue. Most definitely.

last edited at Jul 27, 2018 1:06PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

http://yagakimi.com/ posted new anime visual

Cute. Seeing this makes me wonder whether the west will ever see an english version of YagaKimi anime. It's funny how we can have more LGBT rights than the east yet still be more openly homophobic and conservative. Western culture is schizophrenic.

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

This manga is top-notch, wow.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Just saw the RAW and oh my what a chapter! Yuu!!! And why the next issue is on September? What a long wait!

last edited at Jul 28, 2018 11:25AM

Tumblr_omrtnbr9ks1vkx8d3o5_250
joined Feb 28, 2018

And why the next issue is on September? What a long wait!

It's the end of the volume. Happens everytime.

last edited at Jul 28, 2018 1:53PM

joined Jan 25, 2017

Oh are we taking a month off? I missed that.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

There would be a bonus chapter between the wait though. Seems like there won't be one this time around. Anyone thinking there's a possibility that the next volume is the last?

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

There would be a bonus chapter between the wait though. Seems like there won't be one this time around. Anyone thinking there's a possibility that the next volume is the last?

All depends on how long the storm lasts

joined Jan 25, 2017

I mean, heck, I thought for a while that Yuu's post-play confession would go well the first time and it might end THIS volume. Nio could easily end things pretty soon if she wants. She could also keep it going a while yet - even if/when Yuu/Touko get together (or don't, for that matter), there's no reason Nio couldn't keep writing about the new phase of their relationship if she wants.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Psychoanalyzing fictional characters is always a bit silly, but I think the term that best describes Yuu's behavior is demi-sexual. Demi-sexuals are people who only develop a sexual attraction to others after they have formed a strong emotional connection with that person.

We've already debated this in an earlier post. We have no idea what Yuu's sexual attraction is like, we only know about her romantic attraction. If you argue Yuu developed a romantic attraction to Touko after a long time getting to know her, then you could say she's demi-romantic. But Maki-san has stated right at the beginning of the story (chapter 7 I think) that Yuu was also in love with Touko, even back then. So it's not like she and Touko were just friends and she slowly began to develop romantic feelings for her, those feelings were always there, they just grew stronger and more evident with time.

Also, thanks everyone for using the spoiler tags. I really don't want to read spoilers to this next chapter.

You are correct in that the term I probably should have used was demi-romantic. However, it is made quite clear in the story that Yuu does not begin to develop romantic feelings towards Touko for quite some time into their relationship and chapter 7 is actually a good one for making this case and point.

To begin with Maki is just an outside observer. Basically the driving narrative in chapter 7 is Maki's misinterpretation of Touko's public display of affection leading him to confront Yuu about the type of relationship he perceives they are having. Maki asserts that he thinks they are a couple and are dating and Yuu tries to correct his misunderstanding.

Maki states that the affection in their relationship seems to be quite ones sided, but then notes that Yuu must really love Touko because she worries about her welfare before her own. Yuu however is puzzled that Maki would believe this equates to love because this is just generally how Yuu treats other people. It's one of her defining character traits and flaws. She tends to always put the feelings of others before her own.

At this point in the story we are a month into their relationship which is not a trivial amount of time and Yuu herself still does not believe she is in love with Touko and argues such with Maki. It is however noteworthy that this is really the first time in the story that Yuu does begin to question what her feelings towards Touko really are and she begins to wonder if there is something more to it.

joined Nov 5, 2017

It may be, but I don't think that's related to the lack of a special chapter next month. Special 6 would have been in volume 7 (which it's confirmed to happen), so maybe Nakatani will be busy with the anime or other projects next month. Still, it's a bit weird.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I mean, heck, I thought for a while that Yuu's post-play confession would go well the first time and it might end THIS volume. Nio could easily end things pretty soon if she wants. She could also keep it going a while yet - even if/when Yuu/Touko get together (or don't, for that matter), there's no reason Nio couldn't keep writing about the new phase of their relationship if she wants.

I was expecting the confession to not go well. Not with all the mentions of possible rejection & foreshadowing of Yuu crying at some point. The scenario in this recent chapter is the one I was expecting to happen just before the play so everything would wrap up smoothly once it ended, but it's happening now so the resolution should take a couple of chapters more. In the interview when vol 5 came out, Nakatani said that the series was about 75% done so I'm pretty sure the series will end with vol 7 or 8. I think the recent drama will be resolved within 4-5 chapters, but even if it takes the whole volume, I don't see Nakatani dedicating an entire volume to just fluffy dating, only as bonus chapters. If she does end up writing about them as a couple, IMO, I think that'll only happen if there's another hurdle that the two have to cross.

joined Mar 28, 2018

I was expecting the confession to not go well. Not with all the mentions of possible rejection & foreshadowing of Yuu crying at some point. The scenario in this recent chapter is the one I was expecting to happen just before the play so everything would wrap up smoothly once it ended, but it's happening now so the resolution should take a couple of chapters more. In the interview when vol 5 came out, Nakatani said that the series was about 75% done so I'm pretty sure the series will end with vol 7 or 8. I think the recent drama will be resolved within 4-5 chapters, but even if it takes the whole volume, I don't see Nakatani dedicating an entire volume to just fluffy dating, only as bonus chapters. If she does end up writing about them as a couple, IMO, I think that'll only happen if there's another hurdle that the two have to cross.

Well, if we look for foreshadowing, the next hurdle as a couple is pretty obviously getting outed. There's been a lot of hinting that might happen with Maki, the sister, Sayaka, and more. That might play into the storm instead though.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

I can't wait to see the chapter, been avoiding peeking under the spoiler tags but it's getting harder and harder to resist... Any clue when it'll be up?

joined Jan 25, 2017

I can't wait to see the chapter, been avoiding peeking under the spoiler tags but it's getting harder and harder to resist... Any clue when it'll be up?

Just hit Mangadex, I imagine it'll drop here soon enough.

I'd say things actually went slightly better than the raws made them look. Touko clearly wants to accept Yuu's feelings, but the surprise + her immense talent for self-loathing made her blurt out an "I'm sorry" and give Yuu the wrong idea.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oh Yuu, how can anyone not love you. =] That certainly took some courage. And it was the most depressing love declaration I've ever seen. X) Beautiful visual storytelling as always.

Well, if we look for foreshadowing, the next hurdle as a couple is pretty obviously getting outed. There's been a lot of hinting that might happen with Maki, the sister, Sayaka, and more. That might play into the storm instead though.

The only ones who could pose a hurdle are either Sayaka or Yuu's mom. Rei and Maki have no reason to care. Hell, I think even Sayaka has accepted it deep down.

…Kinda funny how the developments in this and the latest AnoKiss chapters coincide. X) With Citrus ending, all three series that introduced me to yuri seem to be winding down…

last edited at Jul 30, 2018 5:43PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

That was a beautifully delivered chapter. I cried reading the RAW, I cried now with the TL. The fact that the first thought Touko had upon the confession was the realization that she had been hurting Yuu because of her selfish request all along is honestly beautiful. Her mind is in the right place and we now only need some supports to help her get over her own barrier with love to get to that happy ending. Since the Kyoto field trip is only among the second years, I'm imagining some interesting interactions with Sayaka coming up.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That was a beautifully delivered chapter. I cried reading the RAW, I cried now with the TL. The fact that the first thought Touko had upon the confession was the realization that she had been hurting Yuu because of her selfish request all along is honestly beautiful. Her mind is in the right place and we now only need some supports to help her get over her own barrier with love to get to that happy ending. Since the Kyoto field trip is only among the second years, I'm imagining some interesting interactions with Sayaka coming up.

I hated to jump the gun on reading—I feel like I’m being disloyal or ungrateful to my beloved Dynasty, somehow, lol—but couldn’t help myself. Agree with everything above, and I feel even more strongly that I was reading the raws correctly—these two just-coming-into-full-self-awareness knuckleheads are going to be fine. Yuu’s confession was perfect, and Touko’s reaction was spot on, both things reminding us that we readers have known for a long time what each one was thinking, but the characters themselves haven’t.

I feel like patting both of them on the head and telling them that it’s all going to be OK.

ColdGoldLazarus
Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

It's up it's up!!!
And it was perfect
The storm that's been brewing for so long has just broken
It's a good thing I like rain

joined Mar 28, 2018

The only ones who could pose a hurdle are either Sayaka or Yuu's mom. Rei and Maki have no reason to care. Hell, I think even Sayaka has accepted it deep down.

I was actually thinking along the lines of the scenario that Yuu imagined way back when she begged Maki not to say anything about the kiss to anyone. Maki and Rei would be a support network, and Sayaka one way or another would probably join up. I can see Akari freaking out about it and putting distance between her and Yuu though.

last edited at Jul 30, 2018 7:05PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.