Forum › Posts by erise

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Well... I read this while listening to Hidamari Rhodonite and suddenly someone is cutting onions...

erise
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Oh this was good. I feel like every yuri mangaka should do this, just cos it'll be fun to see their take on things.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

It's a small (boobs) world after all...

erise
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Goddamn this is now too cute for words.

erise
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Dying of cuteness. Please stay cute and happy

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Remember how in Marimite an older girl would make a younger girl her "petite soeur" and protect her and dote on her? Well, this military school has a similar tradition: a sempai can make a kohai her "maiden" and enjoy a privileged relationship with her. And in chapters 6 and 7 we find that...

A very confused Shinobu is trying to understand why she was kissed by Kagami. She hears about the "maiden" tradition and thinks that, hey, that must be the explanation: Kagami has taken her as a maiden, and that's the reason for the display of affection! She goes to Kagami hoping to confirm it... and Kagami says NO, she doesn't want Shinobu as a maiden. But, but, but... why the kiss, then? And Kagami replies that it was because she damn felt like it -- when she wants to kiss someone, she just does it, and doesn't accept any responsibility for it. >_<

I should not have read that spoiler... but I wonder if Kagami just hates the idea of the maiden thing or if she just isn't honest about her own feelings? She does say she won't let anyone else have Shinobu, and I just don't get the feeling that she kissed Shinobu just because she felt like it, there's gotta be something more. Ooba's reaction to Kagami tutoring Shinobu is quite telling about how this is clearly unusual behaviour for Kagami, too. As a hopeless yuri optimist I guess I'll just keep hoping...

erise
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

YagaKimi is getting an anthology. Participating authors include Canno, Itoh Hachi, tMnR, & Mekimeki Oukoku. More authors will be announced later. No release date yet. Source

Thanks for the news! I'm heading to Tokyo in November so hopefully I can somehow get my hands on a copy, even if I can't read it...

Also the trailer gave me chills. I can't wait.

erise
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Oh my word. It finally happened. I've read this from the start and I really love how they've both grown. Please let the misunderstanding be resolved...

Also 2 months till the next chapter? Wake me up when September ends...

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

NEE-SAN I WILL MAKE YOU AN ADULT TOMORROW

( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The exact look on my face when I read that. I'm honestly not bothered that there's no yuri, if we can get more of this subtext...

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Cute to sad in 5 seconds... Fingers crossed for some kinda sequel.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

This is like one of the mangas that I liked Stretch

"Super friends!"

"Super sisters!"

Oh god no. That ending still traumatises me. Every time I think "maybe I should reread Stretch this time", I think of that ending and nope I'm not ready to relive that. Same for Nanashi no Asterism.

I suppose it helps that I have no expectations that this will be yuri. I'm happy to live in the subtext and delicious food. Wish the chapters were more frequent though.

erise
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Goddamn this made me tear up, I knew I shouldn't have read this at work but I couldn't resist. I can't wait to go home and read it all again. It's a little short but definitely a unique premise, with all the feels and with a good ending, so this definitely goes on the favourites list.

erise
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I'm actually quite hopeful that things will end up well between Yuu and Touko - it's the part where Touko says, even if everything else about herself was fake, her love for Yuu is her own that makes me hopeful. Combined with all the imagery of Yuu holding her hand and taking the lead, I'm really hoping that it means Touko's love for Yuu and Yuu's efforts to help her will lead to Touko "finding herself" and accepting Yuu's love for her too.

The very last part about how this can't go on forever did throw me off a bit but it arguably could still go both ways. There would have to be a change if Touko learns to accept herself, but it could be a good change. I feel like Yuu is underestimating the strength of Touko's feelings for her vis-a-vis Touko's sense of self-identity, especially since Touko has recognised that these feelings are entirely her own.

And so, I hope.

erise
Stretch discussion 16 Jul 14:37
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

That "ending". What the ef. I will never get that time back.

Grrr I know right?? I followed this religiously whike it was being published, and reread it a few times too. I'm still so angry at the ending I haven't reread this since. Not sure if I can ever bring myself to do it, actually.

erise
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Ahhh it's the time of the month when I wish we could just fast forward to next month so I can read the next chapter...

The end of the chapter killed me. I'm so happy that Yuu took the initiative to ask Touko out, and Touko's happiness is so genuine. I'm hoping they kiss on their date!

Also it was only from reading the interview that I realised I've been following this manga for 2 years! It sure doesn't feel like it!

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Just popping by to say yes to the polished version on Dynasty! I'm planning to either buy the Seven Seas publications (even though it I'd rather not because they are a bit... sucky) or the Japanese volumes, so it'll be nice to have pretty translations to tide me over in the meantime!

last edited at Jun 25, 2017 3:00PM

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I love love love Mochi au lait. These works are the only things helping to soothe me from how butthurt I am from Nanashi no Asterism's ending.

She's kind of like Tamamusi in a way, drawing all kinds of different sorts of stories, and making them relatable. There's a sort of "indie" feel to both of them, a lot less polish but a lot more fresh in exchange.

Yeah, Mochi au lait are both really refreshing, and their stories are a bit shorter and "bite-sized" so it's great for reading again and again. And as much as I like angst sometimes, it's great to just have these short and sweet (and occasionally hilarious) stories too.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I love love love Mochi au lait. These works are the only things helping to soothe me from how butthurt I am from Nanashi no Asterism's ending.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Morinaga Milk, adult life, a kitten, confession in the first chapter. Okay I'm sold.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

First the animated short and now this, we're really getting spoiled and I couldn't be happier!

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Ok, I just read through the older comments, and I think there might be a different way to interpret the back cover. I don't have any evidence to back this up, it's just on speculation, but I'll put it in spoiler tags anyways:

What if, at the end, the big argument is resolved by Kotooka apologizing and explaining her past to Tsukasa and Washio, where they discover Kotooka's feelings on homosexuality. Tsukasa then confesses to Washio and Washio, knowing that Kotooka is against homosexualty, decides to date Tsukasa. Kotooka notices Tsukasa acts differently and she, knowing that Kotooka wouldn't be comfortable with her and Washio's relationship, tells her that she got a boyfriend. The boyfriend in question is actually Washio. Tsukasa and Washio grow closer, while Kotooka grows more distant, partly due to their falling out and partly due to them growing up. They still get together as the old trio from time to time. Washio brings up the wedding as a very nonchalant remark for a conversation topic to make it seem like she only heard of it through word of mouth in front of Kotooka, even though she likely knew a lot of the details already from Tsukasa herself. It would also kind of explain why Tsukasa becomes so flustered when Kotooka brings the subject up.

Well, it's a bit convoluted as it is right now, but I think it still makes more sense than what everyone else is thinking with the way the manga had been going so far. Still, anything could happen I guess.

Honestly I don't think this is plausible but I need a reason to not hate the end of this manga so I'm just gonna pretend this is the real ending.

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

I really liked this at the beginning but the ending makes me feel like, what was the point of this manga or me reading it if it was just going to end up unresolved or just treated as "an adolescent phase"? I thought as far as disappointing endings went, it would be hard to beat Stretch but wow this just takes the cake. It's really sad because I liked the artwork and the characters, and was hoping for me. Damn.

last edited at Apr 30, 2017 1:26PM

erise
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Oh god there was hardly any Touko/Yuu action in this chapter and we have to wait another month :( It's moments like these that really make me wish I had a time machine, just so we can get to next month, already.

I do hope Touko will share what she found out about her sister with Yuu though, because I'd like to see what Yuu says or reacts to that. Also because I don't want it to just be a thing between Touko and Sayaka...

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Next volume is odd-numbered, so it should be half about them. Probably.

Anyway, updated the chart.

Wow great chart, thanks for doing it up! I love the lines between Yurine and Ayaka! I can't wait for the both of them to be in a box.

And yes I'd like to read more Ayaka/Yurine. They're still my favourite couple and why i keep reading this, actually.

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 2:19PM

erise
Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

@Ropponmatsu Is that really the end of the whole series? I suppose you could take it as an ending, but it also seemed to end kinda abruptly. Like I thought the whole Kokomin competing with Airi thing could be a plotline too.