Forum › Teacher Graduation discussion

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Oh yeah, this reads a lot better with that context.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sometimes in manga I have trouble distinguishing textual indicators for what a character is thinking to themselves and what is actually being said out loud. In the first panel of the last page, is that transparent word balloon spoken aloud? (Of course, the teacher’s response strongly implies that it is.) If so, is that always the case with such see-through balloons, or is that a visual design choice?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Don't think she actually said it, to be honest. That's why the teacher is still asking instead of just telling the story. It's just that their thought kinda aligned. I think.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Don't think she actually said it, to be honest. That's why the teacher is still asking instead of just telling the story. It's just that their thought kinda aligned. I think.

^^ this

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Sometimes in manga I have trouble distinguishing textual indicators for what a character is thinking to themselves and what is actually being said out loud. In the first panel of the last page, is that transparent word balloon spoken aloud? (Of course, the teacher’s response strongly implies that it is.) If so, is that always the case with such see-through balloons, or is that a visual design choice?

I'm pretty sure it's just for emphasis. Clear bubbles are used several times earlier in this story, as well as the prequel. They vary between spoken dialogue and thoughts, but the constant is they're used to denote dramatic delivery.

last edited at Mar 15, 2018 12:40PM

joined Mar 15, 2017

I think it's just to avoid hiding a large portion of the character's head while having things positioned that way.

It can be done for thought as well as speech.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thanks, folks. I think that the conventions for indicating speech, thoughts, and other written text may be the biggest difference (in terms of getting used to the reading process) between Western comics and manga—for me, certainly more so than the reading direction. I still often have to re-read some pages just to figure out who is saying what to whom, and in what order.

I think in this case I would have assumed that it was a thought except that her mouth was open in that panel and the teacher seemed to be answering her.

last edited at Mar 15, 2018 12:55PM

Harumin_8018
joined Jan 19, 2018

I NEED THE THIRD PARTTT

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Now it's time for the second half

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Now it's time for the second half

Seriously, come on, where is it? Has it been released and just needs translated? We need the sequel to the sequel!

Black Chronicle
joined Oct 7, 2015

So, about the sequel to this (and the rest of Spice Girls).

Looking at the groups who did this, one doesn't have a site listed, and the other group uploaded the scripts for this chapter (and the 2 other completed ones) a few years ago, but nothing since. I can't find a contact link for either to ask, but does anyone know if they are still working on it? Or a way to contact them to ask directly?

If they're not, I'll go ahead and start working on the rest of the chapters in Spice Girls.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

huehuehue

Total "gotcha" moment. I wonder if the third part will be a flashback to the sensei's past.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Seriously, come on, where is it? Has it been released and just needs translated? We need the sequel to the sequel!

The two parts came out about 4 years ago in consecutive issues of Yuri-Hime.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

so there is no third part ? the author didn't continue it ?

joined Feb 18, 2015

Nice conclusion. It could have been longer and showed them actually, you know... doing things as a couple at the end as opposed to just arranging to meet at the college girl's apartment for a little help on her homework and using each other's first names, but... it's implied I guess.

Clannadas20ushio3
joined Jun 22, 2016

Nice ending but 99.99% romance manga end like this, wish they'd be a lil bit more creative.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

Man, that was some really good writing. Props to both Ohsawa Yayoi for pacing and writing the story well and to the scanlators for preserving the intended feelings with so much precision. I can't remember the last time I got this emotional over such a short story. I see people talking about wanting more post get-together stuff. I kinda disagree on that. I don't necessarily have a problem with stories that do that. The problem that many stories that do that are quit long, and it isn't much of a payoff for so much teasing. This story was short and concise, with no teasing to speak of, so having it end there is fine by me.

last edited at Jul 25, 2018 12:02AM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I put on James Taylor's You Got a Friend, to get in the mood for this one

joined Aug 22, 2016

I liked the ending as well. Given that Sensei still has regrets and lingering feelings for her friend from high school, an "I love you" from her would be odd in that moment. With Sensei returning Koharu's embrace and then later with both of them using first names, it is very clear the nature of their relationship. I'd be happy to see more, but I'm satisfied with what the author had produced.

I really think Koharu was just venting frustration over the amount of work she has to do, not actually asking Sensei to help her. Meeting up was just to be together. Honestly, I find it interesting how rattled so many readers get when romances in manga don't follow a strict and equally paced formula.

I think had we seen Sensei and Koharu suddely all into each other, Sensei's story of her friend and first love would have had less meaning. And it is very sweet and loving of Koharu to still want to be by Sensei's side knowing Sensei still has unresolved feelings.

last edited at Jul 25, 2018 2:25AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

This makes so much more sense now

I really think these parts should have been mixed together a bit better, the first chapter is hard to follow without it

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Don't remember all the details from the first part, but this was a fitting snack to accompany my morning coffee. Same bittersweetness. Good stuff.

joined Aug 22, 2016

so there is no third part ? the author didn't continue it ?

Part 1 - https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/in_secret
Part 2 & 3 - https://dynasty-scans.com/series/teacher_graduation

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

It is happy and good but it took 2 seconds for them to become together. Like 12 pages of flashback and 3 pages of progress. And teacher's atitude made like the chapters before this are irrelevant.

joined Mar 25, 2013

It is happy and good but it took 2 seconds for them to become together. Like 12 pages of flashback and 3 pages of progress. And teacher's atitude made like the chapters before this are irrelevant.

What are time skips?

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

That was a sweet story! Loved every page, but this one most of all:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/teacher_graduation_last_half#9
Yay Canada! Lolz!

To reply you must either login or sign up.