Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

joined Jun 30, 2016

Come on! just say it already, you know what you want girl!

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

fanfare and cheering

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

I've been waiting so long for this, I can wait a little bit longer now

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Holy mother of Yuri
Asdfghjkl and I'm in the middle of a noisy crowd but my brain's screaming even louder xDD

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Who is this Hagimoto she is talking about? Was it supposed to say Kurosawa?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

There you go

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So... last volume?

Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

Totally worth the wait!

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

There you go

Thanks!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I do like the fact that the key to beating Yurine was… relax and stop working herself to death.

It's generally a good policy for reaching long-term goals. This chapter was very real, actually. Ayaka's realization that her parent is just another faulty human being, not unlike herself, is one that I haven't made until much, much later in life.

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 3:45AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Screams

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

I wonder where they go from here. My view is usually ambitious, high achieving people end up split up because they put their ambition first and go to college. The people I know like that all didn't get serious or married until like late twenties or later.

It would be a shame for their relationship to be over before it even started... At least in fiction there is more of a chance.

2w5t94i
joined Feb 27, 2011

Finally, a proper kiss.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh Shiramine—you can just jump on her like that.

Trust me on this one.

14cfe1a9-a4f3-4cf0-9523-8f2b4dae54e8
joined Sep 4, 2017

Omfggg they kissed. I’ve been waiting so long for this

joined Apr 18, 2018

I'm so touched and got goosebumps when those two kissed. It was so damn beautiful! Please make an anime out of this already!

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Oh hey it finally happened!

But wow, talk about being so in the dark about your own feelings.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I think this every chapter, but even more so this time when it showed that line up of "special relationships":

who the hell are all these people? I've completely forgotten almost all of the side characters. Again.

joined Apr 25, 2016

Praise to Yuri gods! It has happened!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think this every chapter, but even more so this time when it showed that line up of "special relationships":

who the hell are all these people? I've completely forgotten almost all of the side characters. Again.

I too would be lost without Lyendith’s chart, and I can rarely remember more than one name of any given pair or triad, so I think of them with plot tags, and the drawing style has changed some so I’m not 100% sure, but, without re-reading the whole thing looking for clues in the hair and clothes, my guess:

Front: Moe & Mizuki (aka The Actual Lesbians)
Next: Towako & Yukina (aka The Ones Bent Out of Shape About the Roses)
Next: Hikari & Nagisa (aka The Student Council Tsunderes)
Totally just guessing the last one is Haine (aka The Surprisingly Small Age-Gap Incest one)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nya-chan posted:

So... last volume?

Nah, Shiramine is still not aware how to handle this relationship... I hope we get at least one more.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I too would be lost without Lyendith’s chart, and I can rarely remember more than one name of any given pair or triad, so I think of them with plot tags, and the drawing style has changed some so I’m not 100% sure, but, without re-reading the whole thing looking for clues in the hair and clothes, my guess:

Front: Moe & Mizuki (aka The Actual Lesbians)
Next: Towako & Yukina (aka The Ones Bent Out of Shape About the Roses)
Next: Hikari & Nagisa (aka The Student Council Tsunderes)
Totally just guessing the last one is Haine (aka The Surprisingly Small Age-Gap Incest one)

That seems like a more systematic approach than mine. I just reread the whole thing every 5-10 chapters released. You'd think I'd remember some of them from reading each one 2-6 times, but I just vaguely remember the controversy in each arc and completely forget the characters' names and faces.

0meo12%20(2)
joined Sep 19, 2011

All the kisses of Canno were so real...
Finally... TT ~ TT

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

There's a BIG problem! Yurine still hasn't got the self-confidence to tell Ayaka how she truly feels and Ayaka doesn't even comprehend where she wants their relationship to go, even though her body seems to know pretty well. The fact that Yurine's response to Ayaka finally initiating a kiss with her was to maneuver her back against the fence, take control of the situation, kiss her a second time, then BOOP kiss her on the tip of the nose and say it's time to head back to class... because this is getting far to close to something like a real relationship and she's just not ready to admit that she's worthy of that yet...

Oh yeah, I agree, but that's like, the natural continuation, not a "new problem". Of course they weren't gonna fly off to Europe and marry the next day. :þ Which is also why I'm a bit surprised Ayaka went for the kill so quickly.

(And we need to be precise here—that was not just a kiss, but a good full pair, with at least one more interrupted by the bell.)

I actually had the impression their lips didn't touch during the first "kiss" − Yurine backed off slightly and changed to a more "comfortable" position for the big smooch. Whatever the case, she's still trying to be the "dominant" partner, probably because she's afraid of being on the receiving side (as seen in chap 35-36).

It's Izumi (and Chiharu behind her). I'm always surprised at how much trouble some people have remembering the couples, honestly. >.> Speaking of the chart, we can update it I guess? Or is it too early yet?

This chapter was very real, actually. Ayaka's realization that her parent is just another faulty human being, not unlike herself, is one that I haven't made until much, much later in life.

Indeed. You know, back in the early volumes, I thought the conclusion Ayaka would reach would be that being no. 1 doesn't matter and she'd throw the whole competition thing out the window when realizing she loved Yurine. Instead she kept on wanting to be no. 1, but her motivations simply changed from "defend my pride and forget about Yurine" and "fulfill my mom's wish" to "get that burden out of the way so that I can finally be honest with Yurine" and "break free from my mom." Both of which are much healthier and relatable.

Now I wonder how the end of this arc will connect to the end of the Mikaze/Asuka arc (if they do connect). There are some parallels there − on one side two girls who used to date but feel like they might not be made for each other, on the other two girls who realize they are made for each other but are still afraid to take that next step.

PS: Page 25, am I the only one who thinks Ayaka's slight cross-eyedness adds to her cuteness?

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

^ my reaction to every new chapter of this

To reply you must either login or sign up.