Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Holy shit actual development of the main couple!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

@Zensunni

The colors of the frames just match the colors of the volume covers. MIzuki and Moe's arc is in volume 4, and the volume 4 cover is blue. And sorry if the chart is a bit simple, but I don't want to overload it with details, it's already busy enough. >.> It's just there to sum up who's in a relationship with who.

I do like that the chapter found a nice middle ground between "big mutual confession" and "let it hang for the next ten volumes." And it's great that Yurine still has that playful smugness to her, chapter 1 piece of paper and all. =3

Not too sure about the buildup though. The first 20 pages felt a bit too much like everyone stating the obvious (and why did Yukina and Towako not appear? ;__;), though that may have been the point.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Not too sure about the buildup though. The first 20 pages felt a bit too much like everyone stating the obvious (and why did Yukina and Towako not appear? ;__;), though that may have been the point.

I think it is the point—it’s kind of time to be a little on-the-nose, recapitulating things for those who don’t re-read the whole thing every month or so. (Like some people.)

We’ve had quite a lot of water, arcs, characters, etc. under the bridge, so spelling out “our story so far and what it means” isn’t out of place.

Smug Kurosawa and flustered, smitten Shiramine—ah, the good things in life . . .

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The ship Shiramine is pondering boarding (not being in love with Yurine) left on its round-the-world cruise months ago.

joined Feb 8, 2016

Skkkkkkrrrrrt that smooth af ending

Kon-gitah-03
joined Jul 9, 2018

This is a fantastic culmination of what has happened so far - great cyclic storytelling from Canno. Although I also missed Yukina and Towako; all other characters Yurine is close to make cameo appearances other than them.

I was so impatient for this to come out that I had my sister translate the French version panel by panel. Seeing it in action really makes you appreciate the time and effort that goes into scanlation, so thank you.

On a related note, this chapter has convinced me that Asuka and Mikaze are going to break up. I don't think that a single chapter is enough time to get them back together in a way that validates both of their feelings well enough to make the audience understand their reasoning behind it. Unless Canno is going to continue their story into the next volume, I guess we will either have an ending relationship (in stark contrast to the blossoming one between Ayaka and Yurine), or a war-torn bloodbath as seen with the 6th volume.

joined Aug 5, 2014

So basically Shiramine is going through what Kurosawa went through before, eh?
So cute. I really love this development. One of the best couples in all yuri (and not yuri) mangas I've read. I really love their dynamic.

I also like how Shiramine just assumed Kurosawa was looking for her.
--> https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch44#25
They are so fixated on each other it's so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. >///<

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

M-my heart, I can't take this...

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

"How do you know what I want before I know what I want?!"

"Well you kind of made out with me earlier on Shiramine"

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

An honest to god confession?! In my AyaYuri?!

This is too adorable...

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Yes! That look is almost like a mother lovingly gazing at her grown-up child, it's just too sweet.

On a different note…

Alienyuri
"This person here... is your new mom! <3"
I thought about a yuri with an uninvited Alien. (Canno's comment)

…I'd kinda read that.

joined Apr 12, 2015

Why do I feel like we're approaching the end of the series? Can someone confirm this pls I need more. Also, hhnnngggggg im dying

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Why do I feel like we're approaching the end of the series? Can someone confirm this pls I need more. Also, hhnnngggggg im dying

As far as I can see people have been predicting that almost every single volume. So I'm fairly certain the end is still a ways off. Seems to me that there are still some loose ends that need tying up, and Canno has an obssesive desire to start new couples.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

For the first time since I started reading this, I wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter was the last one.

At the same time, perhaps the author can come up with a reason to keep things going. I personally don't see how the same story could continue for more than a few chapters and still be interesting, except if the main couple just disappears completely and we only look at side couples now. But coming up with interesting things to write is the author's job, and she's obviously better at it than I am.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

For the first time since I started reading this, I wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter was the last one.

At the same time, perhaps the author can come up with a reason to keep things going. I personally don't see how the same story could continue for more than a few chapters and still be interesting, except if the main couple just disappears completely and we only look at side couples now. But coming up with interesting things to write is the author's job, and she's obviously better at it than I am.

That could happen, but there are side-couples that don't really feel resolved and definitely need a second look.
I'm also not of the opinion that a story needs to end when the main couple gets together. The most interesting part of a relationship happens after the confession. Canno is clearly not a stranger to that concept, so it would be easy to continue with Shiramine and Yurine as a couple.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I'm also not of the opinion that a story needs to end when the main couple gets together. The most interesting part of a relationship happens after the confession. Canno is clearly not a stranger to that concept, so it would be easy to continue with Shiramine and Yurine as a couple.

While I agree with you in principle, I find that in practice, the characters in a romance either get together at the beginning and then the story is about how their relationship develops, or the characters don't get together until the end and the story is about how they get together. They don't have to be that way, but they usually are.

In this case, Canno just hasn't really left many threads untied for the main couple. Maybe there are some things I'm forgetting, but Ayaka dealt with her issues with her mom, and Yurine got over being sad about being a big selfish jerk. Canno would have to pull some drama out of her ass to keep their relationship interesting at this point.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

While I agree with you in principle, I find that in practice, the characters in a romance either get together at the beginning and then the story is about how their relationship develops, or the characters don't get together until the end and the story is about how they get together. They don't have to be that way, but they usually are.

In this case, Canno just hasn't really left many threads untied for the main couple. Maybe there are some things I'm forgetting, but Ayaka dealt with her issues with her mom, and Yurine got over being sad about being a big selfish jerk. Canno would have to pull some drama out of her ass to keep their relationship interesting at this point.

I see your point, but usually being in a relationship brings about new challenges. Not everything has to be deep-seated emotional trauma and family issues. Seeing how we are approaching graduation eventually, it would actually be the perfect time to go for the usual "What's our career choice and can we stay together after graduation?" arc.

It doesn't sound very riveting, I know, but drama authors know how to squeeze something out of it. And that would give us at least some time for the other couples in that final stretch of school.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

High-school stories usually end when the main characters graduate, so there's probably still an entire year left to cover for our dunce couple. But I admittedly don't know what to expect if Canno continues after Ayaka and Yurine hook up…

Anyway, preview time!

No surprise, this chap concludes Asuka and Mikaze's arc.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

volume 9

Beautiful… Truly beautif- wait a minute, where are you putting your hand, Asuka? >.>

last edited at Sep 9, 2018 9:51AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Asuka can't wait to get her prize.

Aah I'm glad she realized soon enough! also, does this solves all the side characters conflicts ? I don't think there's any other one with issues at this point.
Except maybe the one with the 3 girls in one relationship but that's going to be an issue forever.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

anyone know how many chapters there are for this?

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Asuka can't wait to get her prize.

Aah I'm glad she realized soon enough! also, does this solves all the side characters conflicts ? I don't think there's any other one with issues at this point.
Except maybe the one with the 3 girls in one relationship but that's going to be an issue forever.

If they know how to handle a polyamorous relationship, then it's not that much of a problem.

last edited at Sep 20, 2018 11:20AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

anyone know how many chapters there are for this?

i dunno maybe this is gonna be the dragon ball of yuri that´s gonna keep going as long as people keep reading it regardless of quality

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Dat Teacher-Student single-page, I need more of that couple, like, right now.

To reply you must either login or sign up.