Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

joined Oct 15, 2014

Subscribe!

Screenshot_39
joined Apr 17, 2017

Ugly? Surely you jest! She's cuter than you and all of your friends Fujishiro, so just fall in love with her already.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

“Nobody would laugh at that” pfff I did. She kind of deserved that. Like the guy was an asshole but it was a wake up call for her. I laughed because im not as good as a person as Kurokawa-san

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Ayyy you released this fast :) I’m curious where the story is going, but I love the art and story. I feel like shit started raining on the MCs a bit quickly, but hey... I guess we don’t have to worry about a slow paced story :)

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

“Nobody would laugh at that” pfff I did. She kind of deserved that. Like the guy was an asshole but it was a wake up call for her. I laughed because im not as good as a person as Kurokawa-san

I laughed too. Guess I'm not a good person.

Funny thing is I actually don't have much of a problem with Bitch-chan. I figure most people are secretly pretty horrible and this girl is just more open about her true nature. Anyway people with her kind of attitude tend to be self-destructive so things generally work themselves out.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Blank Mage posted:

^Lol- don't you think that that is the point of the story? Its obviously about a girl who had grown up with really shallow and selfish ideas - and she will, hopefully from learning about real life and people, become a decent human. You are not meant to like her how she is at the start - the story title even calls her useless.

I get that's the plan, I'm saying that they did too good a job in making me dislike her. I'm sure it'll spend the rest of the manga redeeming her, but I get the feeling she'll spend most of it being tsun, continuing her mean streak in technically not as overt ways until they become friends. But right now, I can't help but feel like the fact that the fact that her first hardship was met with immediate comfort and kindness is getting off really easy.

It would have felt so much better if she realized that all her friends actually hated her, she ruined her chances with the person who might have cared, and now she's alone. And then she can start working towards fixing things. This whole 'well, I guess I'll have to rely on this ugly bitch who saw me cry, God how pathetic' doesn't strike me as a great start towards self-reflection.

Oh OH! I know this one.... aahh.... wait a moment ........... Yush! Cherry Boy, That girl! that's a Korean Manhwa

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

That guy is what we call "El men"

Kuvl_u-8
joined Nov 1, 2015

It remind me about ao haru ride with main girl caring too much about apparence for her own sake and being a bitch. Surely she will change by befriending kuro and redeem herself.
I hope for a true full yuri ending

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I'm just in this for the eyebrows

If she forces her into a makeover I'll be so piiissed

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Meh. Depends on the route it'll take - if it goes on about how the other one needs to be more beautiful, I'll have to seriously question the author's implications of the story.

Fb_img_1506323085663
joined Apr 2, 2017

wwoooohohohohoho
I loved this, i'm looking forward for next chap.!
Thanks for translating <3

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Bitch-chan is an asshole, but I can get behind it. She's a spoiled rotten brat who will learn a lesson about humility and how a good personality is worth more than your appearance from an outcast girl. It's a tried-and-true tale and I'm sure it'll work just fine here. (Though the fact that it will end with the brat and outcast getting together is a plus.)

She does not seem to be THAT bad. Biggest issue is that all her friends and probably most of the school are constantly praising her. If you grow up in such an environment it is no surprise she turns out to be like that.

Also, that are just very common tropes for manga and anime. We have seen them in yuri manga many times and probably a lot more many times in all other kinds of genres.

joined Apr 12, 2014

Hm

xxcindybeexx
Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

man she'd better not shave her eyebrows lol. as a fellow thick eyebrow female i make no apologies XD love the way you were born ladies. it's what makes you, you! and i've never seen an ugly character in a manga, barring simply ugly art in general. i reallllyyy hope the author doesn't miss congeniality her.

joined Jun 6, 2018

I'm guessing that "brand" is Burberry? If so, I have some belts and a scarf from them, and they are of great quality.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'm guessing that "brand" is Burberry? If so, I have some belts and a scarf from them, and they are of great quality.

As long as you are not a cheating fuck, too, it's all fine!

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Nanaki is the type of girl I despise. Every little thing about her makes me hate her

Screenshot_2017-06-30-15-13-16
joined Sep 11, 2016

interesting

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Meh. Depends on the route it'll take - if it goes on about how the other one needs to be more beautiful, I'll have to seriously question the author's implications of the story.

Depends how THAT's done too - I can see the MC trying to transform her, misguidedly still thinking that she needs to improve her looks to be happy.. As long as it is a failed attempt and she learns how shallow that sort of fitting in is.

BTW to the people who say wtf they calling her ugly when she isn't - I agree, but they don't really mean her basic features are the issue - the MC and her friends are talking about fashion - not fitting in with them and doing what the other girls do in class to 'look good'. Its super shallow - but just to point out how they can call her that when she isn't.

Overall I really liked this set-up promise wise - even tho MC was acting like a bitch, I am assuming that it is a pretty surface level thing - that she has learned in high-school from being popular, and at her core she is a nice person who needs a serious wake-up call etc.

I like that kinda redemption story - as long as it is done right.

P.s Are the any other yuri stories where one of the 2 MCs starts out a bitch and becomes likeable? I can't actually think of any lol - even tho it seems like a simple and good idea.

And I also hold out hope for the story because of the author - dear my teacher was great.

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 8:00AM

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

[...] if it goes on about how the other one needs to be more beautiful, I'll have to seriously question the author's implications of the story.

It's a good thing to make a little effort to be cuter or, more specifically, to make a good impression. And wanting to be cuter isn't a bad thing either. It's bad only when it makes you feel bad about yourself or makes you act like an asshole because others aren't making as much effort as you do; but it's not essentially wrong to be willing to change to be more attractive. Of course, whatever you do, it's better to accept yourself beforehand.

On the story, I'm digging it already since it's Ajiichi and I love DMT and her other main series is good comedy from what I could read. And it's nice to read stories about bad people sometimes!

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 8:15AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Hum...some people will probably get disappointed. Although there's just three (four?) chapter out, so it's hard to say if it's going where it seems.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

"This... brand..." I'm not gonna say it because we're all thinking it.

Oh God. I hope it doesn't turn out like those stories where outcast-chan has a crush on popular-chan and secretly collects the same objects as her.

Because that's kinda creepy.

Sunset Orange Lips I'M LOOKING AT YOU!

Other than that, lovely story, lovely start, I really want to read more of this. My hopes are for Popular-chan to slowly fall in love with Outcast-chan, who sees her as nothing more than a friend. Popular-chan would eventually reveal that she likes Outcast-chan, but also say that she wants them to remain friends, something that prompts Outcast-chan to question her own feelings, which might be deeper than she first assumed.

...wait, did this just turn out exactly like Girl Friends?

Well, scratch that, I just hope for a cute and interesting story.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

So according to this mc, keeping your pride as a woman means you have to do tons of make-up and other girly/beauty stuff?

Then I have zero pride lol.

I feel you.

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

i just hope "this" don't put Dear My Teacher on limbo
that was super standard, subpar

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

i just hope "this" don't put Dear My Teacher on limbo

New chapter coming at next Comiket iirc.

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 11:38AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.