Forum › It's Tough Being Neeko discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This is the first chapter of this series that has actually managed to strike a balance between admitting that Neeko has a problem with social anxiety and just pointing and laughing at it. What I like about it is that even though Neeko hadn't had any serious success with her video, she did accept Imoko's help and she did upload it. Baby steps is so much better than hitting the reset button after every chapter as the canned laughter track runs...

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Watamote has been getting great recently though.

Thank to yuri. Like... I feel the yuri aspect of it saved Watamote

Watamote is ongoing?

Yes, go read it now!!

Imoko is sorta a siscon. Confirmed. Hope someone can sub that Neeko video on youtube

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Video for chapter 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAoRRi2PxxU

We need English subtitles ASAP.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lol I joked (maybe half joking half serious) about her streaming online in early chapters... it almost turns to be true.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

"one week has passed and only seven views"

Sol
joined Feb 25, 2016

I was expecting some troll video or image after typing it up but it actually came up with an actual video lol

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

sleekie posted:

"one week has passed and only seven views"

I can relate lol

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

I swear their mom could be an older sister

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

Ah Maple Story. That game was my entire High School life for a time. Though I never really made it very far in that game since I would always pick the weaker classes and refused to use healing potions.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

This chapter hits way too close to home with the false sense of accomplishment from a game and everything...

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This chapter hits way too close to home with the false sense of accomplishment from a game and everything...

The reality is that no sense of accomplishment is false. :-) Anything that pushes you emotionally through the day cannot be "false", and this kind of attitude (expressed by herself and by the society around her) is exactly what prevents Neeko from healing her psychological issues.

joined Jul 17, 2018

Once upon a time, reaching lvl 200 in Maplestory requires no life

joined Jun 30, 2015

The comedy tag is starting to hurt.

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

This hits way too close to home to be funny.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wow Maplestory. Didn't expect to see that here. Just how old is this series?

This chapter felt way more depressing than the previous ones....rip

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Id say get her a psychology session but it's an Asian family so that won't happen

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

One thing is being a neet but I can't stand people who would read things for free online, like... Just imagine what kind of people would do that? uggh, seriously >_>) SHAME ON YOU!!!

Also Hooray for cliffhanger like thisssss

last edited at Aug 21, 2018 8:01PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Suddenly Yuri.
This is Watamote all over again and I am not complaining.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Gay for Pay

545be4200a30c5abe156ef8a90933007
joined Dec 1, 2017

Didn't expect the gay turn, now I am interested

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Next chapter, I'll be laughing my ass off if it turns out that it's not as you guys are expecting.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Oh, that kind of payment ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

My Brain: There's going to be some kind of catch and a specific (and purely platonic) reason that Uri wants Neeko to sleepover. Nothing will really happen next chapter except for some kind of comical misunderstanding.

My Heart: THEY'RE GOING TO FUCK!!!!!

To reply you must either login or sign up.