Forum › Citrus discussion

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Everybody and their sisters are lesbian in this story.. I didn't feel like Harumin was attracted to Yuzu, I still don't feel it to be honest. I couldn't help but feel it was just wishful thinking by readers, but the evidence are piling up and it's a bit sad... I want pure friendship :(

Profileaavatar
joined Mar 22, 2016

Here we go again, Yuzu (she was really broken-hearted) is going to take action/pursue Mei. Why is she always forcing herself on Mei? Pathetic.

Then Mei dumps/ignores Yuzu. Repeat cycle.

I wish it was Mei who would run after Yuzu this time. Disappointing.

The bad writing of this series.

last edited at Jun 18, 2018 11:00PM

Picsart_05-15-11.56.08%20(2)
joined Jun 17, 2018

I have been waiting secretly for new chapters and now Yuzu wants to get married !!!!! This is to much for me !

last edited at Jun 18, 2018 10:30PM

Profileaavatar
joined Mar 22, 2016

Yuzu is way too selfish on this one. She came out of the closet and forced Mei to do so. This isn't something you do for someone. This is a personal choice and even though it went very well, she shouldn't have done that.

Plus, she is forcing this relationship. Mei chose another path, and Yuzu doesn't respect that. Love doesn't justify all means. Let's imagine Mei is coming back to Yuzu, I don't think she will be thrilled AT ALL that Yuzu say all of those things.

The fact that everyone is supportive is great but I really don't like how it happened. This is either poorly written or it will backfire at Yuzu (and even though Mei had been hard on her, she would deserve it this time).

Agree with this.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I loved the chapter. There is nothing surprising or unusual about the parents' reaction. Ume has always been a cheerfully carefree and impulsive woman herself - remember she married Mei's dad pretty much on a whim. As for him, he has plenty of experience being ostracized for wanting to make different, less mainstream choices in life. It's natural he would be supportive as well.

As for the people criticizing Yuzu for telling, you are hating on a child for doing the most natural and necessary thing children do - going to a parent for help when they are discouraged, confused, or trapped in a situation. It was absolutely what she should've done, long before now in fact. Mei is the one that has been acting selfishly and unilaterally this whole time. Yuzu did completely the right thing and was rewarded, as she should've been, with the love, understanding, and support of the adults in her life. Anyone attacking her for needing and seeking that is grievously misguided.

This long and crazy ride is nearly over. Thank you Chaosteam for seeing it through.

last edited at Jun 18, 2018 11:03PM

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch39#31

I took a look at the raw for the page, and what Matsuri says on panel 3 is (more or less):

"You kept insisting that you weren't interested in anyone,
but just as I thought, it was Yuzu-chan, wasn't it..."

Just a small detail, I guess.

Wow, seriously? Damn. I don't understand, how come the translation doesn't show that? I always complain Saburouta is vague, but maybe it's the translations after all. I mean that basically settles the matter. So sad for Harumin :-(

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Yuzu did completely the right thing and was rewarded, as she should've been, with the love, understanding, and support of the adults in her life. Anyone attacking her for needing and seeking that is grievously misguided.

Yes, imagine some of us having a notion about privacy, horrendous. In theory, she could have turned to her parents without naming Mei, although she would not have been able to present all the aspects and problems of their relationship in that case. You can twist and turn it every way you want with those high-sounding phrases, but outing someone to their immediate family without their knowledge and consent is never justified, and she is not that young of a kid for the label to shield her.

As for Mei making unilateral decisions, that much is true, but the last such decision she made was also to break up with Yuzu. This is no longer the game which we viewed previously, where Yuzu was mostly combating Mei's outwardly cold personality. Now, Mei has broken up with her under no unclear terms, and for Yuzu to come charging regardless is not something I can be comfortable with, since I know without a shred of a doubt I would personally hate it if anyone did the same to me. Mei's reasons for the breakup may be flawed, and Yuzu obviously thinks so too, but last I heard, one does not need to have a logically consistent and well argued rationale for breaking up with someone.

Edit: And I overlooked it, but lmao, "different, less mainstream choices in life". Really sets a different tone to the whole abandoned his own child thing he did, does it not. Why, it makes him sound like a swell guy, breaking the chains of his class, going on a quest to find himself. That is something I have noticed a lot of people have done with Shou, since he was introduced. I guess most readers are just enthralled by the whole "do your own thing, do not let the tradition dictate you" spin, so they forget he turned his back on a primary school aged child in the process. We have already gone over his decisions several times in this thread, and others have said it better than I did, so I will simply limit myself to stating he would not win any father of the year awards. Because he is a fucking horrible parent. Sure, he is a nice guy, but nice people can still completely fail at parenting, and when you literally abandon your own child, you have fucking failed massively.

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 1:41AM

Icon3
joined Dec 17, 2017

You can twist and turn it every way you want with those high-sounding phrases, but outing someone to their immediate family without their knowledge and consent is never justified, and she is not that young of a kid for the label to shield her.

Actually, when being in a high-drama melodrama drama drama melodrama, it is always 100% justified and the superior action over any other action you could possibly take.

This is not a realistic story with realistic characters. It's a faux incest slightly rapy story from chapter 1, ripe with tropes, melodrama, and plot twists straight from a mexican telenovela, just more gay.
This is also not a story attempting to give life advice to people. If THIS is what offends your sensibilities in citrus, I really don't know what to say.

Other than "You should have bailed 38 chapters ago"

In real life, you shouldn't out people. You also shouldn't forcefully push people down and kiss them.

Screw the dad though. He can scram.

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 1:55AM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

I know without a shred of a doubt I would personally hate it if anyone did the same to me.

Happily, this is not about you. That being the case, perhaps you - the only person twisting anything, in a quite unnecessarily combative and sarcastic way I might add - could take everything as less of an assault on your ivory tower principles.

Your positioning of the protection an assumed lesbian identity that Mei may or may not have and may or may not value, as paramount over the (so to speak) real-world needs of both Yuzu and Mei is ideological extremism, and the callous and judgemental stance you've taken is fully consistent with that. You are an ideologue, and your demand for adherence to your arbitrary rules would leave both Yuzu and Mei miserable and isolated from help and support, as a small price to pay to protect the sacred cow of not "outing" people who may or may not even consider themselves "in".

As for the father, I do not excuse the choices he's made with regard to neglecting Mei. A huge amount of both Mei and Yuzu's travails are squarely on his shoulders, that much is certain. I only point out that his making of those choices is consistent with the kind of support he is giving Yuzu now.

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 2:25AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Yuzu is way too selfish on this one. She came out of the closet and forced Mei to do so. This isn't something you do for someone. This is a personal choice and even though it went very well, she shouldn't have done that.

Plus, she is forcing this relationship. Mei chose another path, and Yuzu doesn't respect that. Love doesn't justify all means. Let's imagine Mei is coming back to Yuzu, I don't think she will be thrilled AT ALL that Yuzu say all of those things.

The fact that everyone is supportive is great but I really don't like how it happened. This is either poorly written or it will backfire at Yuzu (and even though Mei had been hard on her, she would deserve it this time).

Agree with this.

Mei also said much earlier to Yuzu that she will deal with being out of the closet if she needs to in chapter 24 during her pep talk in the library. It was Yuzu who was afraid of it much more. So while Mei wouldn't necessarily love hearing that Yuzu had mentioned her name while coming out to their parents and Harumi, I don't think she'd explode over it either

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 3:55AM

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

I think this chapter is ridiculous. How come their parents just accept the fact that their daughter dating her own step sister.

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 4:01AM

A
joined May 24, 2013

^ Because nobody in this manga acts like a real person.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

wow so much hate and negativity about citrus in here...... :/

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I took a look at the raw for the page, and what Matsuri says on panel 3 is (more or less):

Wow, seriously? Damn. I don't understand, how come the translation doesn't show that? I always complain Saburouta is vague, but maybe it's the translations after all. I mean that basically settles the matter. So sad for Harumin :-(

I don’t ever read Citrus raws, so I’m not sure how the translation has been for the other chapters, but the line above specifically mentions “Yuzu-chan”, so I don’t even know how it came out so vague in the end product ( ̄▽ ̄)

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

5000 comments later what did I miss guys =D yea way too much negativity the recent development was done well I can't wait to finish this manga!

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Mei did not chose another path. it got forced onto her by her heartless grandfather.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Mei did not chose another path. it got forced onto her by her heartless grandfather.

Cant believe people still honestly believe this. I guess you have to if you want to keep thinking that Mei is a good person.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

torukoseki posted:

I think this chapter is ridiculous. How come their parents just accept the fact that their daughter dating her own step sister.

Is not so shocking, they didn't grow up together, they're the same age too and is not like they had any vote in the matter of living together... If you're told "You can't fall in love with this person but you'll live together from now on... By the way, she is super pretty!" I guess you'll be like "Oh, okay ... noted!" ??

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 1:06PM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Cant believe people still honestly believe this. I guess you have to if you want to keep thinking that Mei is a good person.

But it is true. Ever since she was a child he put pressure on her, telling her how much her father sucks and how he wants her to take over the academy and keep the "family tradition" (which is no tradition since he is the first one owning the school).

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

Im fucking excited to see what happens. Ive been following this for ages but now I think Im really into it again.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Well, this is gonna end in like 2-3 chapters. Timeskip and resolution after dealing with all tasks. Lame.

joined Feb 21, 2018

But it is true. Ever since she was a child he put pressure on her, telling her how much her father sucks and how he wants her to take over the academy and keep the "family tradition" (which is no tradition since he is the first one owning the school).

It isnt true. He didnt put pressure on her when she chose to stay behind when Shou decided to leave. Gramps didnt even raise her. Mei still lived in her dads house by herself. We have never heard of gramps opinion on Shou.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Well, this is gonna end in like 2-3 chapters. Timeskip and resolution after dealing with all tasks. Lame.

As usual with romance in manga. Once the main couple gets together it ends. No cute dating. No daily life without big drama approaching.

joined Jun 12, 2015

^But they started "dating" in volume 4 :)

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I don’t ever read Citrus raws, so I’m not sure how the translation has been for the other chapters, but the line above specifically mentions “Yuzu-chan”, so I don’t even know how it came out so vague in the end product ( ̄▽ ̄)

So folks in Reddit are commenting something interesting.

Tthat we cannot be sure about whether Harumin likes Yuzu or not, because Matsuri didn't even hear the whole thing and it was vague anyway (as evidenced by Nene wanting to go closer so they could hear the whole convo).

But what DID for sure happen is that Matsuri jumped to the conclusion Harumin does likes Yuzu, and now might think Yuzu has already or is in the process of accepting Harumin's feelings. So she now sees Yuzu as a rival, which is why she mentioned that Yuzu is already "raising the flag of victory" (remember she sees love as a game). And she is plotting revenge, either because: (1) she thinks if Yuzu and Harumin are together, and so she is free to have revenge on Mei as a venting target for her frustration at not getting Harumin, or (2) because she thinks by pushing Mei and Yuzu to be together again, she can have a chance with Harumin.

My opinion as HaruminxMatsuri shipper: the plot twist here is that Harumin's face was sad because she likes Matsuri but due to her "on the fence" personality is not going to be out about it like Yuzu. It was a face of "damn, I don't have the guts to be this brave". Matsuri will try to nuke everything, end up getting a confession from Harumin and save YuzuMei inadvertently in the process :P

To reply you must either login or sign up.